Reyes Beer Division "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Reyes Beer Division Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Apr 25, 2019

3.1
Reyes Beer Division CEO Tom Day (no image)
Tom Day
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Unique industry, good co-workers, free beer(in 11 reviews)

• "Great co-workers, great company values, free beer down at the company bar once you're "off the clock"(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work life balance is not where it should be(in 7 reviews)

• "long hours (minimum 48hr work week) with no overtime pay for salaried non-bargaining employees(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Management Policy Improvements"

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in Summerville, SC

I have been working at Reyes Beer Division full-time for more than a year

Pros

The most recent management policy implementation has been a huge success. We have gravitated to a more hands off approach which allows the sales team to organize their schedule as they see fit. We are able to manage our account base as if it were our own business. Like any business the more time and energy you invest the greater the outcome. This new style of management has done wonders for morale and has alleviated the pressure to follow strict guidelines to achieve success. For many employees it has been a game changer. We are seeing employees (both old and new) unlock their potential and flourish. The management team acknowledges and appreciates feedback.

Cons

This job is not for the faint of heart. Thick skin and a strong work ethic is a must in this industry. Working 6 days a week and 12+ hour work days are not uncommon. The work life balance is not where it should be. However, we are slowly but surely headed in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Communication and trust have improved greatly. Continue to give/receive feedback. We have a fairly young management team and we are learning from each other daily and finding new ways to grow the business and fine tune day to day operations.

Reyes Beer Division2019-04-10

"Embarrassing"

Former Employee - Operations in San Diego, CA

I worked at Reyes Beer Division full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Unique industry, good co-workers, free beer.

Cons

HR driven. useless initiatives that interfere with workday i.e. POET, Cheers Cards, endless committees, "voluntold" for company event participation, weak management regionally (Mike Vaca)& locally (Dean McMillan). Employee Engagement & local surveys are coached to ensure the "correct" answers are submitted. 55-60 hour weeks so no work life balance.

Advice to Management

Remove HR from the operational direction. Employees need to be led rather than appeased. Too many good employees frustrated by HR & corporate interference. Stop making numbers on the backs of your supervisors. Bring Duke Reyes back to the west coast to replace the current brother who makes people uncomfortable when he speaks.

Reyes Beer Division2019-04-25

"Overworked underpaid"

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in Summerville, SC

I have been working at Reyes Beer Division full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice vacation accruals, when you can use it.

Cons

Preach work life balance but when it comes to the commission based employees that goes out the window

Advice to Management

Stop overworking your people and hanging total accountability on single individuals who do not have direct control over the issues being caused.

Reyes Beer Division2017-10-31

"Intriguing on the outside, soul draining on the inside."

Current Employee - Field Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Reyes Beer Division full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company has invested in brand new equipment to improve capabilities of drivers and warehouse. Company has great holiday parties.

Cons

-work/life balance is horrible. -Many positions are under payed by the industry standards. -long hours (minimum 48hr work week) with no overtime pay for salaried non-bargaining employees. -lack of experienced managers (managers do not have people management skills and are not encouraged to improve that skill set) -hostile work environment that does not motivate or excite employees. -steady employment turnover in all departments due to chaotic mis-managed environment. -this company is a privately held and family owned and operated business that runs several distributors/bottlers under the Reyes Beverage Group banner. If you read through some of the reviews on this website you will see a trend of mis-management across companies and states. The focus of this company is not its employees, but its profits and that point is made abundantly clear in the way the company is operated.

Advice to Management

Return to a focus on measuring the success of the company not just by its profits alone but by the health and satisfaction of your employees, customers and end consumers. Invest heavily in people management training for all "people leaders".

Reyes Beer Division2017-05-31

"DONT DO IT"

Former Employee - Merchandiser & Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Reyes Beer Division full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get free beer for every holiday, discounts at breweries and beer events. I wouldn't say theres much more to like..

Cons

As much as they preach work/life balance, there really isnt any if you're working here. Also they expect you to be okay with this, you're looked down on if you can't work a 6th day or do more OT. Constant turnover from top to bottom, I've been told they manage money and time then their employees by management. It's too stressful, just not worth it.

Advice to Management

Provide better training, especially in sales. You guys throw people out to the wolves with no experience and then are shocked to see why turnover is so high.

Reyes Beer Division2017-04-14
  6. "Inside Sales Representative"

Bilingual Inside Sales Representative in Rogers, AR

I worked at Reyes Beer Division for less than a year

Pros

growth, and a free bar in the building

Cons

work life balance was not so great

Reyes Beer Division2016-11-23
  7. "Sales"

Sales Representative in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Reyes Beer Division for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers, great company values, free beer down at the company bar once you're "off the clock".

Cons

Work/life balance is difficult. Got very burnout.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with the employees and their areas to grow within the company.

Reyes Beer Division2016-08-17