Reyes Beverage Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Great Company with Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Reyes Beverage Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great benefits, good work-life balance, bar on site, fun employee events, great coworkers, free beer to take home for your family at every holiday etc.

You really feel like you're part of a family that has your back.

If you're ambitious and work hard, you will be promoted. Most of the leadership in the whole company started out in entry level positions and worked their way up.

Cons

It is a very large company, can feel corporate.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, and keep growing to get better!

2. "Worst position I have ever had in my life"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Reyes Beverage Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free beer and that's it. This place is horrible and the managers are completely awful. Do not work here. They will try to suck you in with the pay, but it is awful.

Cons

If you want to sit on the phone for 8-9 hours a day and have people yell at you the entire time than this is the right job for you.

Advice to Management

Stop favoritism and act like adults

3. "DONT DO IT"

Former Employee - Merchandiser & Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Merchandiser & Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Reyes Beverage Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get free beer for every holiday, discounts at breweries and beer events. I wouldn't say theres much more to like..

Cons

As much as they preach work/life balance, there really isnt any if you're working here. Also they expect you to be okay with this, you're looked down on if you can't work a 6th day or do more OT. Constant turnover from top to bottom, I've been told they manage money and time then their employees by management. It's too stressful, just not worth it.

Advice to Management

Provide better training, especially in sales. You guys throw people out to the wolves with no experience and then are shocked to see why turnover is so high.

"Good pay , unfair/biased/stressful work place"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Ventura, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Ventura, CA

I have been working at Reyes Beverage Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay. Not much more to say.

Cons

No support from management on the larger issues at hand. Yes they are out in the field. But they are doing trivial work. Building displays stocking shelves. We need management that wants to build relationships & address the real problems that come with the way RBG is ran. Currently when management goes into you account. Your critized on the way things look. But don't help to get them to their standards. And if a customer is unhappy. The salesman is at fault regardless of circumstances

Promotions are clearly done by picking out senior managements favorites. & industry friends/family Not by qualifications or time earned. Subordinates suffer by the lack of skill and basic human resource knowledge of current management and recent management hires.

Intimidation runs rampant, you are never to talk constructively against company procedure. Or your "marked"and will be passed up for promotions or worse.
      Do not ask "why" or ask for "more help". Merchandising is a joke. Sales force is belittled to feel insufficient when goals are not met. But the company's lack of true customer service is the real issue. Drivers are paid very well and treated like royalty, Very appreciated. Sales force is expendable & always ready to be replaced at a moments notice. Operations is royalty Sales is expendable.
    Senior management/Management/drivers all go on all expense Paid trips. Sales all fight for a single trip. But we are rewarded once a year with a free round of bowling.

The companies core values only apply when management sees fit. Or to belittle you.
    "Integrity" - is an excuse to fire you.
    "Wellness" - is only practiced when it doesn't affect the bottom line.
    "Innovation" - technology is redundant adds more to your work day.
    "Responsiveness" - the only ones that are responsive is the sales force.

To finish. I believe in rbg and the core values I also believe this is an isolated facility. I believe the Reyes brothers don't want the company ran this way or their people treated this way.

Advice to Management

The problems at allied Sylmar/Ventura need to be addressed by an outside agency non biased third party. These problems will be swept under the rug if handled by allied.

6. "Inside Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Bilingual Inside Sales Representative in Rogers, AR
    Former Employee - Bilingual Inside Sales Representative in Rogers, AR

I worked at Reyes Beverage Group (Less than a year)

Pros

growth, and a free bar in the building

Cons

work life balance was not so great

7. "Not worker friendly"

Former Employee - Distribution Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Distribution Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Reyes Beverage Group full-time

Pros

The benefits insurance coverage

Cons

Management and work place hostility

Advice to Management

Employees are treated horriblely

8. "Pretty good."

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Beaufort, SC
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Beaufort, SC

I have been working at Reyes Beverage Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay. Great hours. Great atmosphere. Gives opportunities to move up. Great communication with bosses...............

Cons

Hard to move up in company. Overlooked. Needs to offer better safety equipment for workers.

9. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Reyes Beverage Group (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, great company values, free beer down at the company bar once you're "off the clock".

Cons

Work/life balance is difficult. Got very burnout.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with the employees and their areas to grow within the company.

"Worst Sales Job"

Former Employee - Market Development Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Market Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Reyes Beverage Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers but need to know who to trust. Make your own schedule and prioritize your day (unless you are with a manager), fun events if you meet goals.

Cons

Management plays favorites and it is well known. The sales reps work hard to keep up with the idiotic complaints and demands of their customers but get no recognition or encouragement from management. As soon as something goes wrong though you are in trouble. Management is not supportive and cannot answer majority of questions you have. Managing you through email and via phone, not efficient. Have to wait days if not weeks to accomplish a small task because you are working with so many different groups of people. Too many hands in the pot to efficiently get work done. I would not recommend to anyone. This sales job is a joke. You have to stock shelves and clean coolers, which I was lied to about in my interview. Not one day went by where I didn't go home with some kind of dirt on my clothes from having to do a cooler re-set or build a display. No opportunity to move up. They will tell you there is but when you want to try, they beat you down and make you feel under qualified and will literally bad mouth you in order to prevent it (even if you are qualified for the role).

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse and remember that you too started as a sales rep. Treating us like a non-respected, replaceable item will not make anyone excited to work with or for you. Management has literally told people they are not worth their salaries and they specific people and teams are hated within the company. Gossiping is not appropriate between management and subordinates yet it is very common.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Reyes Beverage Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

often hire from within, perks (events etc), benefits, good coworkers, fast growing industry

Cons

Replacing new positions can take longer than expected, hours can be long, can be very stressful with the fast changing environment

Advice to Management

Employees would appreciate filling positions faster sometimes it seems they drag their feet.