KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

2.3
Reynolds American President and CEO Guy Meldrum
Guy Meldrum

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are great!(in 209 reviews)
  • "Home office: Great pay.(in 70 reviews)
  • "Generally great people to work alongside (There is always a few bad eggs.)(in 54 reviews)
  • "Great work life balance: Opportunity to work from remote(in 46 reviews)
  • "Good Salary and Benefit required to attract and hold employees(in 39 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Reynolds American and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee
    Featured Review

Great Place to Work

Dec 28, 2021 - Senior Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Reynolds American offers a work environment that is both rewarding and challenging. Aside from a strong, recession-proof portfolio of brands, the organization has some of the most talented people that I've had the pleasure of working with. If you're mobile, you'll have the opportunity to work in several markets to expand your knowledge of how the business operates while developing your leadership skills. If not, you are still offered a vast majority of opportunities to develop and learn within your current geography that contributes to your professional growth. Regarding benefits, Reynolds offers a top notch 401K match program, paid Parental Leave for new parents, lucrative salary structure, Tuition Reimbursement and a wide range of other benefits to support your personal and professional well-being. I'm exceptionally proud of the efforts brought forward to highlight Diversity and Inclusion as a major topic within all headline presentations. Although we still have a way to go, we are certainly making strong strides in the right direction.

Cons

Reynolds has strong ambitions to achieve market leadership in the US as do I. 2021 was a year of very strong commercial results which is truly something to be proud of, however, somewhere along the way, there was a noticeable impact to the culture. Based on recent commitments and discussions from national town hall meetings, I feel confident that the organization has put concrete plans in place to find the right balance between hyper-strategic commercial plans and a heightened focus on how we invest in our people. I look forward to seeing our plans come to fruition in 2022.

10 people found this review helpful

Reynolds American Team

When you join Reynolds American, you join a team of remarkable people. We appreciate your review.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Transformation

May 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strategic Direction for future of Reynolds

Cons

Challenging work life balance compared to previous

Reynolds American Team

We appreciate your review. At Reynolds American, we have a long history of supporting the communities in which we operate. We will continue to focus on doing the right thing to reduce the health impact of our business and building a sustainable enterprise.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee

23 years

May 18, 2022 - Lead Manager Digital
    Business Outlook

Pros

I used to love going to work.

Cons

Things have changed so much

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Inexperienced BAT Management with little respect for the US market or their employees

May 11, 2022 - Entry Level Lead Finance Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Development Opportunities -401K match and various employee perks

Cons

-Company Culture -Work Life Balance -Lack of Transparency

14 people found this review helpful

Reynolds American Team

We appreciate your review. Please know, we use all of our employees' feedback to help us shape and improve our processes with the end goal of making the company a better place to work.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good team

May 13, 2022 - Account Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are the biggest pro of the organization

Cons

Higher ups don't seem to realize the challenges the field faces

Reynolds American Team

We're happy to hear about your positive experience with your coworkers. It's nice to hear when we get it right.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Not your Parents Reynolds

May 10, 2022 - Administrative Assistant in Winston-Salem, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The peers you work with are amazing and helpful. The benefit coverage was standard for a global company. On-site cafeterias and gyms are nice perks.

Cons

Managers do not listen to their employees, at all. Decisions are made from the top with little thought given to how it will affect the employees direct it. It’s a global company and all they care about is the bottom line, period. This isn’t the Reynolds your mom and dad worked at, it’s way different. They have constant layoffs and burn out their employees by increasing workloads that are just not realistic. They aren’t keeping up with the modern work structure by forcing employees back into the office. Promotions won’t happen here unless you are in good with someone, I was told that my first week and it’s been proven true. They aren’t as diverse as they could be but say they are working on it.

12 people found this review helpful

Reynolds American Team

Thank you for your review. Many of our employees are able to take advantage of our hybrid working policy. We’re always working to improve, and your feedback will help us do that.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Calm before the storm

Apr 2, 2022 - Senior Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The usual. See all previous reviews.

Cons

I left in 2019, but you could see the beginning of drastic change coming for the worse. The reviews I have read over the past 2.5 years have described a once great Company in self destruction melt down from within.

19 people found this review helpful

Reynolds American Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We’re always working to improve.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It’s a good job

May 6, 2022 - Senior Territory Manager in Asheville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility Pay Scheduling Car Independence

Cons

No cons to share really

Reynolds American Team

We pride ourselves on offering a robust benefits package to our employees. Thank you for acknowledging the things we do well.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ambiguous + Fast Paced

Apr 28, 2022 - Global Graduate Trainee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great salary Great benefits Great office space

Cons

Not in a good city, pretty boring unless you like beer Very ambiguous, not great for recent grads with no experience Your success depends on your manager and if they’re willing to stand up for you

3 people found this review helpful

Reynolds American Team

We appreciate your review. Our Global Graduate Program offers the learning, pace and rewards that only come from working in a competitive business that is transforming an industry. We are proud to have a culture where people can aspire to perform at the highest level while having the resources and opportunities to support their success.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Meh

Apr 28, 2022 - Senior Manager Consumer Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

They pay more than other local businesses.

Cons

Everyone seems to be there for the money (because no one really WANTS to work for a tobacco company), and the culture reflects that.

4 people found this review helpful

Reynolds American Team

Your feedback regarding Reynolds American benefits is appreciated. We pride ourselves on offering a robust benefits package to our employees.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,291 Reviews

Reynolds American Reviews FAQs

Reynolds American has an overall rating of 2.3 out of 5, based on over 1,346 reviews left anonymously by employees. 24% of employees would recommend working at Reynolds American to a friend and 25% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -20% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Reynolds American employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Reynolds American. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

24% of Reynolds American employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Reynolds American 2.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.1 for culture and values and 2.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Reynolds American to be coworkers, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Reynolds American Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Reynolds American? Share Your Experiences

Reynolds American Careers

Cover image for Reynolds American

Discover Since our founding over a century ago, we’ve been an enduring and dynamic leader in a highly competitive marketplace. Today,...More

• Culture
  • Careers
  • Benefits
  • Community

Company Updates

31 days ago

Community
Our employees are making a significant impact on the environment and the community this Earth Day and beyond. ASC employees worked together to plant 7,500 trees on the grounds of our Clarksville, TN facility. The massive Arbor Day project, led by the ASC Clarksville #ESG and Sustainability teams, ensured all 130 team members had an opportunity to participate in the planting activities. Amy Fehrenbach, Scientist at ASC Clarksville, helped to lead the initiative. “Through our research, we knew that we wanted to plant trees with long lifespans and deep roots that will last far beyond our lifetime and be a valuable part of the ecology here in Clarksville. We also wanted to ensure that we promote a diverse forest ecosystem on the property and avoid the monoculture that frequently occurs in new-growth forests.” #EarthDay2022 #ArborDay
Shared image

41 days ago

Company News
Ahu Suzer, Vice President of Commercial Digital Business, has been recognized by Retail Today as one of 2022’s 50 Outstanding Women in Retail. Suzer’s background includes nearly two decades of leadership, expertly managing global teams, and continuously driving digital transformation. When asked about this achievement, Ahu said, “I am honored to be featured as one of the 50 Outstanding Women in Retail among the other amazing and successful women. I mean it when I encourage people to be curious, ask tough questions, don’t shy away, and be open-minded. Most importantly—push the boundaries.” Congratulations to Ahu for this well-deserved recognition.
Shared image - Reynolds American - Women In Retail 2022