Reynolds American Reviews | Glassdoor

Reynolds American Reviews

Updated May 18, 2017

Pros
  • RAI offers benefits such as work from home to suport work/life balance (in 39 reviews)

• Great benefits -- company car, paid vacation (Currently 5 weeks for me (in 68 reviews)

Cons

1. "It's fantastic so far!"

Current Employee - Territory Manager I in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager I in Modesto, CA

Pros

Company Car, hours of operation, great culture where they care about you

Cons

I am one month in...none yet

Advice to Management

Keep up the great communication

2. "Overall Good Company to work for"

Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Within the company you are given the freedom to run your own assignment (~100-120 stores).

Cons

Because of the size of some assignments and geographic location, sometimes there is a feeling of "being alone"

3. "Working in Trade Marketing"

Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent work - life balance
    Interesting and challenging workload
    High performing culture
    Self motivated individuals rewarded
    Employees are valued and heard
    Strong company culture (work hard/play hard)

Cons

Work on an island - no "office" to report to
    Constant change in the industry
    Workload is never complete
    Vague and no transparency on promotion possiblities

Advice to Management

Limit relocation distance to a minimum and provide more transparency on promotion possibilities.

5. "Never boring career"

Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Detroit, MI

Pros

Always something going on. You will never get bored. Great experience and training. Training is always evolving and is constant. As long as you are mobile, potential to move up the ladder is there. Great people with a very personable environment.

Cons

Work load without a salary adjustment. I've been with the company five years now and in those five years, my work load has only increased. Also, you cannot get promoted unless you are mobile. Most of us with families are not in the position to move. They are, at least, very upfront with this from the get go.

Advice to Management

Understand that your trade marketing team is the best of its kind and is driving the gains we've seen since the acquisition of Newport. Compensate them for the work they are doing with the "cash cow" of a brand that we have! Also remember that goals are attainable, as long as we don't have twenty priorities at the same time. The happier the employee, the more production occurs.

6. "Job security"

Current Employee - Plant Service Attendant in Oxford, NC
    Current Employee - Plant Service Attendant in Oxford, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American (More than 8 years)

Pros

Since I've been employed at RAI (SFNTC) there has always been job security. Never has there been a layoff with the company in hard times. I've been working with the company now for 8 yrs.

Cons

When the economy impacts business, it gets slow around every workplace

Advice to Management

strive to continue to support employees (such as myself) to ensure that RAI continues to be one of the best companies in the world for employment

7. "TM III"

Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Beaufort, SC
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Beaufort, SC

I have been working at Reynolds American (More than 3 years)

Pros

Reynolds believes in coaching at all levels. The company puts resources into all of its employees to make you better. If you fail, its not because the company did not have accessible tools to help succeed. Company car- GMC Terrains, 401K, annual bonus, competitive salary, and the company only hires every position from Account Manager and up from within.

Cons

Sometimes long hours, physical work at retail, and work drastically depends on your location. Some Reps can have a very manicured territory compare to other reps that may not have as much nice, new, and oppourtunity. These things do not by any means outweigh the pros

Advice to Management

Continue the coaching culture, Trust your reps. Don't be afraid to pass the good ones up the ladder.

8. "Lead Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Developing a good coaching culture.
    Fairly good salary in home office.
    Addressed the concerns about smoking in an office environment.
    Updating the main office building to more modern equipment.

Cons

Not enough movement available internally for current employees to different departments without posting on jobs like an external candidate.
    All departments are not treated the same with regard to consistent promotions or employee levels. Favoritism given to Brand marketing.
    Focusing more effort on hiring younger employees.

Advice to Management

Create consistency between all departments so favoritism is removed.
    Create a coaching culture to all departments.
    Need progression opportunities for internal employees as outside hires are brought in at higher levels over qualified internal staff.

9. "Sr. Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Winston-Salem, NC

Pros

All employees play a part in achieving the bold vision of leading the transformation of the tobacco industry. Numerous programs and project teams are underway to help resolve the controversial issues related to tobacco. Employees have the opportunity to not only be part of this vision, but to lead it.

Cons

Nothing of significance. This is a great company.

Advice to Management

Better recognize future leaders of current employee base and invest in them accordingly.

10. "Territory Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager I in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Territory Manager I in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work Life balance was very important when choosing another career opportunity and RJ Reynolds has been amazing with ensuring that I have enough time to get my work and training done while also adjusting to a new place of living, as I relocated for my position. My team ranges in ages and personalities, but each of them have been extremely welcoming and happy to help in my transition.

Cons

I don't really have any cons because I am still new to the RJT family but with a company that is always trying to innovate and lead this industry, you have to be able to adapt and embrace change.

11. "Territory Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Greenville, NC
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company invests in the development of its' employees, and trusts their employees to make the right business decisions as we see fit. The freedom to manage your assignment is very nice so that we are able to be in the right places at the right time to impact and drive our business.

Cons

With adding Newport to our portfolio, business has really picked up. There's always something that needs to be done and things are always changing. It's a fast-paced industry so it's imperative to be pro-active with initiatives and correspondence.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust your employees and seek feedback to ensure we have what we need to do our jobs and are happy.