Reynolds American Reviews | Glassdoor

Reynolds American Reviews

Updated May 31, 2017

Pros
  • RAI offers benefits such as work from home to suport work/life balance (in 41 reviews)

• Great benefits -- company car, paid vacation (Currently 5 weeks for me (in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is still a little rough however they are making strides to help with this (in 22 reviews)

• Tobacco industry, management can be overbearing for a simplified job description (in 21 reviews)

"Make this your last JOB."

Current Employee - RAI TMS in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - RAI TMS in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

What a wonderful fulfilling time is has been here at this company.
    The key word is "Engagement" at all levels, with peers, management, customers, & consumers.
    Great benefits, good compensation, bonus, car, 401K up to 6% match.
    They will have continuing education/training through the company.

Cons

This is an execution job, with there goal to turn it to communication job long term.
    There is always too much to do.
    50 hours a week is the norm.
    You are on an island, must be self motivated with little supervision.
    Very structured, very little latitude to innovate.

Advice to Management

Have a clear avenue for advancement through the organization.
    Everything can't be a priority. Cigarettes, Moist, VUSE, Gum, C/E's, CSS, IDP, Coaching.
    Let's face it not every outlet is an opportunity.

2. "Great place to work and grow your professional career."

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance. Managers help you set personal and professional goals to help you develop in a professional environment.

Cons

Very large company, sometimes feel like a very small unimportant part of the company. I do not have any negatives.

3. "Territory Manager"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Reynolds American full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job, benefits, and bonus package. Company car and good 401k plan! Also great work-life balance!

Cons

not many cons that i can think of

4. "sales growth"

Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Santa Fe, NM
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than a year)

Pros

awesome team and team work

Cons

purchased by RJ Reynolds review is for Santa Fe Natural

Advice to Management

Keep the brand of Santa fe Natural in Santa fe and do not move to the east coast.

"Great company - Great Benefits - Low Pay. Don't take a position in a high cost of living area"

Current Employee - Territory Manager III in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company car, great benefits, 401k, awesome work life balance. Execute everything they say and the company praises you and leaves you alone.

Cons

The company is making all the right moves. However, I know as if recent there are too many priorities coming down the pipeline at once and not enough resources to execute. every year they pour more into our workload with no increase in pay and expect us to do 2-3 times more work with the same manpower and resources.

Advice to Management

Please pay your people properly. I know TMs in high cost of living areas have to get a second job on the side just to sustain themselves. because some areas such as San Francisco have very high cost of living and the company forces the TM to live in their assignment with out a pay to sustain the cost for living there

"I'd give RAI a 10 if I could!"

Current Employee - Lead Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Lead Manager in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American (More than a year)

Pros

Reynolds is BY FAR the best place I've ever worked...and I've worked at some pretty fabulous places over my 20+ years career. There is a true and unrelenting dedication to ensuring all employees are learning and developing on an ongoing basis. Instead of punishing an employee for a skill weakness, managers are empowered and expected to see that their people get the training and development needed to ensure success and growth.

There is a true team environment here as well - if you need help getting work done - others step up and help you. It's what's expected because when you succeed, everyone else succeeds too.

The benefits offered by the company are far and away the best that I've ever had - and they are always evolving to meet the changing needs of employees.

When you are hired here, the company begins the relationship with you expecting and anticipating that you will work here until you retire. Therefore, they want you to succeed at work and in your personal, financial and family life so that when retirement comes, you are ready. This is such a great way to give employees peace of mind and encouragement to stay.

Lastly, the company is made up of the smartest and nicest group of people that I've ever had the pleasure of working alongside!

Cons

Public perception of what we do/how we do it is counter to what it's really like to work here. Sometimes it's a challenge to help others understand that we do our business with honesty, integrity and transparency.

Advice to Management

Amazing company with a leadership team like no other - as transitions happen, please ensure that the foundation remains strong and rooted in the values and principles currently in place.

7. "Territory Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company truly cares about the employees. Nice beginning salary and raises on a annual basis based on your performance and company overall performance. Company vehicle can be used for personal. Good Healthcare options

Cons

Deadlines can be difficult if you do not plan ahead. You have to be a self starter. You are competing against your peers in the rankings.

8. "RJRT feedback"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Very innovative company that consistently strives to gain market Leadership while always holding the employees of the company as the #1 asset. RJRT truly embraces the whole concept of a high performing culture giving all tools necessary to achieve the goals/expectations.

Cons

I don't have any downside comments as I feel very fortunate to working for such a great company

9. "Buyer III"

Current Employee - Buyer III in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Buyer III in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Imagine yourself walking into work each day excited about the variety of work and people you work with. The most fulfilling thing working at RAI is genuinely feeling valued. We are employees, we are family members, we are members of the community. So with RAI I can be a valued employee, give back to my community, and ensure a work-life balance. Talent development is in my hands, and I feel encouraged to know that my career will continue to excel.

Cons

Workload balance ebbs and flows. There are times when it can be hard to break away.

Advice to Management

Thanks for making us feel valued!

"senior division manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Small family feel from a large company. All the positives that come from everyone knowing who you are, but the financial security of a large prosperous company. Freedom to get our job done without clocking in and out everyday. Team spirit with good work life balance. Good benefits and a coaching atmosphere with managers who want to win.

Cons

Promotions can take time, as the company has a flat structure, but the rewards for being promoted are amazing. Putting in your time is truly rewarded and worth the wait.

Advice to Management

Please review my cons section. Also the need to be mobile. If you want to move into management, then you need to be able to move to where the position is open. This is not a con to me, just the reality of knowing that if you want to be a manager, you need to move to where the company needs a manager.