Reynolds American Reviews | Glassdoor

Reynolds American Reviews

Updated May 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • RAI offers benefits such as work from home to suport work/life balance (in 39 reviews)

• Great benefits -- company car, paid vacation (Currently 5 weeks for me (in 68 reviews)

1. "Territory Manager"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Reynolds American full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job, benefits, and bonus package. Company car and good 401k plan! Also great work-life balance!

Cons

not many cons that i can think of

2. "sales growth"

Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Santa Fe, NM
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than a year)

Pros

awesome team and team work

Cons

purchased by RJ Reynolds review is for Santa Fe Natural

Advice to Management

Keep the brand of Santa fe Natural in Santa fe and do not move to the east coast.

3. "Territory Manager III"

Former Employee - Territory Manager III in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Territory Manager III in Chicago, IL

I worked at Reynolds American full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training, car, benefits, employees, and pay

Cons

Tobacco industry, management can be overbearing for a simplified job description

5. "Territory Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Trade Marketing Manager in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Trade Marketing Manager in Rochester, NY

I worked at Reynolds American (More than a year)

Pros

A great company to work for, with great perks. You get a company car, laptop,free internet access, gas card and company credit card. A great deal of flexibility, autonomy, and room for growth.

Cons

You may get a stuck in a sucky location or territory. Also may not be a good idea if you are not in to cigarettes.

Advice to Management

Great review process

6. "great job for out of college"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

FREE CAR, decent health care, work life balance, have control of your day and timings, good bonus in February every year, perfect for recent college graduates, end of 2 years your base salary should be 60K

Cons

if you end up with a bad manager, good luck. very narrow pipe line for growth

Advice to Management

need to create different advancement opportunities for TM's

"Great company - Great Benefits - Low Pay. Don't take a position in a high cost of living area"

Current Employee - Territory Manager III in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company car, great benefits, 401k, awesome work life balance. Execute everything they say and the company praises you and leaves you alone.

Cons

The company is making all the right moves. However, I know as if recent there are too many priorities coming down the pipeline at once and not enough resources to execute. every year they pour more into our workload with no increase in pay and expect us to do 2-3 times more work with the same manpower and resources.

Advice to Management

Please pay your people properly. I know TMs in high cost of living areas have to get a second job on the side just to sustain themselves. because some areas such as San Francisco have very high cost of living and the company forces the TM to live in their assignment with out a pay to sustain the cost for living there

8. "Sales Growth"

Current Employee - Sales Growth in Santa Fe, NM
    Current Employee - Sales Growth in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company, Great people, Great culture in Santa Fe HQ.

Cons

Always wondering when the total merger will take place.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the great memories HQ. Worked for some of the greatest leaders around..

"I'd give RAI a 10 if I could!"

Current Employee - Lead Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Lead Manager in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American (More than a year)

Pros

Reynolds is BY FAR the best place I've ever worked...and I've worked at some pretty fabulous places over my 20+ years career. There is a true and unrelenting dedication to ensuring all employees are learning and developing on an ongoing basis. Instead of punishing an employee for a skill weakness, managers are empowered and expected to see that their people get the training and development needed to ensure success and growth.

There is a true team environment here as well - if you need help getting work done - others step up and help you. It's what's expected because when you succeed, everyone else succeeds too.

The benefits offered by the company are far and away the best that I've ever had - and they are always evolving to meet the changing needs of employees.

When you are hired here, the company begins the relationship with you expecting and anticipating that you will work here until you retire. Therefore, they want you to succeed at work and in your personal, financial and family life so that when retirement comes, you are ready. This is such a great way to give employees peace of mind and encouragement to stay.

Lastly, the company is made up of the smartest and nicest group of people that I've ever had the pleasure of working alongside!

Cons

Public perception of what we do/how we do it is counter to what it's really like to work here. Sometimes it's a challenge to help others understand that we do our business with honesty, integrity and transparency.

Advice to Management

Amazing company with a leadership team like no other - as transitions happen, please ensure that the foundation remains strong and rooted in the values and principles currently in place.

"Concentrate on the employees that make the business sucessful"

Current Employee - Mechanic in Tobaccoville, NC
    Current Employee - Mechanic in Tobaccoville, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time

Pros

Good benefits decent pay

Cons

Too many managers time off can be tough to get

Advice to Management

We all know you don't want to cut your own but when managers outnumber people actually producing the product there is a problem. When there are new job opportunities do not hire someone who knows nothing about the business there are plenty of qualified employees that truly would make a difference. Reward excellence besides a once a year bonus. Why try harder all year when the only reward that you can get is possibly a 4 on your review and increase your bonus by $2000? When there is no chance of any type of a merit pay increase you get excellent employees that just stagnate and do enough to get by.

11. "Territory Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company truly cares about the employees. Nice beginning salary and raises on a annual basis based on your performance and company overall performance. Company vehicle can be used for personal. Good Healthcare options

Cons

Deadlines can be difficult if you do not plan ahead. You have to be a self starter. You are competing against your peers in the rankings.