Reynolds American Reviews | Glassdoor

Reynolds American Reviews

Updated August 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • RAI offers benefits such as work from home to suport work/life balance (in 43 reviews)

• Great benefits -- company car, paid vacation (Currently 5 weeks for me (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is still a little rough however they are making strides to help with this (in 22 reviews)

• Tobacco industry, management can be overbearing for a simplified job description (in 23 reviews)

1. "Transforming the Industry"

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Never a dull moment! Constant change, so fasten your seatbelt! Good compensation package, company vehicle, good people who care about work-life balance. Strong company vision for the future.

Cons

Can sometimes be a little overwhelming with so many things going on at once. Good planning skills are a must for survival. Your office throughout the day could consist of a beer display to a milk crate. Must be versatile and thrive in a variety of different retail outlets.

Advice to Management

Leadership team has demonstrated a strong effort to listen to their employees and are constantly striving for a coaching culture to help win as a team. We will get there. Keep up the great work!

2. "🙄"

Former Employee - Territory Manager II
    Former Employee - Territory Manager II

I worked at Reynolds American full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company Car, Benefits, learn a lot , and company events. Great place to work dependent on Manager. Some DMs make working for the company hell. Others love their job and really want to coach their TMs to grow within the company

Cons

Management, CE requirements, very cliquish and disrespect coming from some management.
    Ask for transparency with TMs, but some management will mistreat TMs due to culture or backgrounds

3. "Through these Doors Walk the Finest Employees."

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Reynolds makes it easy to come to work. They have created a great corporate culture, they offer great pay and benefits and they have completely updated the office space in the corporate headquarter building. It is hard to imagine a better place to work. When you walk in the doors each day you read a graphic that says "through these doors walk the finest employees." The organization backs that up in the way we are treated.

Cons

This is such a great place to work that there is low turnover, meaning positions do not come up very often.

Advice to Management

Management is doing an excellent job of creating a positive and motivated workforce at the company.

4. "Lead Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Lead Financial Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Lead Financial Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hands on career development plans and mentorships, competitive salary & bonus, outstanding 401k program, tuition reimbursement, renovated home office, onsite gym with trainers, cafeteria, state of the art tech, free garage parking, low employee turnover.

Cons

Finance might be a bit overstaffed at present meaning individual jobs are lower impact. Difficult to stand out in a crowd of talented, motivated, educated professionals. Upcoming acquisition by BAT means some uncertainty.

Advice to Management

Wouldn't presume. Love working here!

"Smoke and mirrors"

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

From the outside it looks like there doing the right thing, benefits are a positive and rarely do they fire anyone

Cons

Values and culture are misguided, very political environment, middle to higher management is driven solely by self interests while the organization does not really believe in their transformational vision

Advice to Management

Replace middle management who have no idea what leadership is

6. "Lead Manager"

Current Employee - Lead Manager
    Current Employee - Lead Manager

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance, salary and benefits, open corporate culture, upward mobility, flexible management.

Cons

Negative reputation of working for a tobacco company.

7. "Very good company!"

Current Employee - Scientist in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Scientist in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good management, good culture, awesome coworkers.

Cons

no cons so far, everything sounds good

8. "BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

Current Employee - Product Fill Operator in Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Product Fill Operator in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work at American Snuff Company Clarksville TN, have been with the company for almost 5 years, hands down the best company I've worked for in my life. From pay to annual bonuses, paid leave, sick and personal time witch in most companies now a days is not even heard of, paid holidays and 401k. That's the money part but they also help thru HR from financial help to medical short and long term disabilities witch they pay 100% also not heard of now a days. This is the BEST company to work for.

Cons

If I had to put one it would be that the taste of success program witch is a great program but if you have a certain illness you are not eligible to be part of, and they pay co-workers when they participate and because of that illness that I had I can't, I would like for the company to see if there was a way to include those people that can't. Not the only one that fills this way

Advice to Management

Stay on Course, Great Job, Keep up the Good Work.

9. "Great job and wonderful people."

Current Employee - Making Operator in Tobaccoville, NC
    Current Employee - Making Operator in Tobaccoville, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a excellent training course and very experienced people to help you. The job offers a good wage and benefits along with bonuses and many other perks not offered by most other employers.

Cons

They need to make preventive maintenance on machinery a more important factor.

Advice to Management

Trust the people on the floor and listen to their concerns. It will benefit both parties.

10. "RAI - COMMITTED TO GROWING EMPLOYEES AND TRANSFORMING TOBACCO"

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Reynolds American provides a competitive environment. RAI is committed to employee development; encouraging employees to pursue training opportunities. RAI offers benefits such as work from home to suport work/life balance. RAI stands behind good sound science, data integrity, and credibility.

Cons

I have worked for RAI for over 20 years. I find it most impressive that I struggle finding a Con to list about this company.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop employees and support good sound science.