Reynolds and Reynolds Reviews | Glassdoor

Reynolds and Reynolds Reviews

Updated July 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great salary and benefits for the College Station area for an entry level job (in 53 reviews)

• Many company sponsored sports leagues and employee functions (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • Very high turnover rate due to lower than average salary and benefits (in 35 reviews)

• Upper management it's stuck in the Stone Age (in 62 reviews)

"Entry Level Software Developer - I Resigned Once I Found Something Better..."

Former Employee - Software Developer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Houston, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All the pros I've listed may be specific to my position, or my team, or my department and may not extend to other positions, teams, or departments within the company.
    -Flexible work environment (my department had core hours between 10 to 3 so you could adjust your 8 hour work day however you wanted as long as you were there for the core hours).
    -I got my own office! (no cubicles ftw!)
    -Self-paced work environment.
    -They have a cafeteria.
    -They train you (although their training consists of material you should've covered in college).
    -I worked alongside a pleasant and understanding team.
    -They have a quite a few extracurricular activities for their employees (Bowling, Softball, Picnics, etc.).
    -If you get there early enough, you can park within a garage

Cons

Before I start listing any cons, I want to mention that I did not list any of the cons out of anger and I was truly grateful to Reynolds for offering me a position after graduation. That being said...
    -Below average pay (I was paid 48k, when a entry level software developer salary is around 55k to 60k).
    -They have a policy prohibiting employees from discussing their salary with other employees. This only benefits the company by withholding information from the employee about whether their peer in making considerably more for the same work (search 'Adam Ruins Everything Salary' on YouTube).
    -Business Casual dress code (I considered this a con, but maybe it isn't to everybody).
    -Aside from salads, the cafeteria isn't very vegetarian friendly.
    -No paid vacation during your first year.
    -You get 2 unexcused paid sick days plus an additional 3 sick days, where a doctor's note must be provided.
    -You can't smoke ever, they test for nicotine when they drug test you (As a non-smoker, I actually considered this a pro but I don't think a company has the right to make this decision on your behalf).
    -I only worked here until I found something better but the benefits weren't great from what I saw
    -You have to stay with the company for 2 years before you become fully-vested with the 6% company matched 401k but you can start contributing to it right away
    -There didn't seem to be much you could do to improve your skill set with the company (This should definitely be a priority for a new graduate).

Advice to Management

At least pay your employees, the average starting salary for their position. You claim to recruit the best employees, but you can't possibly hope be able to retain them, nor should you expect to, by paying only 75% of what they deserve.

"So many fake reviews!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They hire people with no experience. 6% 401k matching.

Cons

Do not believe all these positive reviews! Seems management and/or marketing has been asked to inflate the company image. NO ONE in Houston thinks this is a desirable place to work. Only accept a job here if you are desperate, which was exactly my situation. Get your experience and get out. The pay is pathetic, the company culture is very stuffy and old-fashioned, and the product they put out is mediocre at best. The "CEO" is in his eighties now...is he even still mentally competent to run a huge business? The president up and quit recently...does he know something the rest of us don't?

Advice to Management

No use giving advice to management. They don't listen.

3. "Great company to work for! (Sales person view)"

Current Employee - Sales in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Reynolds and Reynolds is the industry leader in technology and innovation. Our customers view us as a trusted business partner. This is a job where you can feel a real sense of accomplishment in helping customers discover ways to become more profitable, more efficient, etc.

No two days are the same, which keeps things interesting. The work environment is competitive, but fun. The people are what makes this such a great place to work!

Cons

As with any large company, there is a fair amount of bureaucracy that I don't always understand.

"Worst experience of my life"

Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are admittedly pretty good.

Cons

In the other hand, everything else about the company is terrible. Management us overbearing and offers no real support. The work is tedious. There is no opportunity for advancement. Training is inefficient and inadequate. The company forces employees to participate in unpleasant after hours activities and punishes those who don't attend. The dress code antiquated and unbelievably strict.

Advice to Management

Stop being so upright and overbearing. There's a reason you can't retain your employees.

"IT Operations Intership"

Current Employee - IT Operations Intern in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - IT Operations Intern in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Reynolds has a fantastic recruiting program. They were very present at my college, speaking about their company and promoting how they hire right out of college very frequently.
    -Most people in other departments were extremely nice and very welcoming, loved to chat and be positive.
    -Huge company, impressive campus
    -Easy to find an activity to get involved with.
    -Tons of tech related jobs

Cons

-Something I found frustrating was the lack of structure for moving up in the company. Working in certain departments seems to be a dead-end in a lot of ways.
    -The department I worked in was very negative and condescending towards Reynolds and towards other departments.
    -Interns are paid very little for the industry.
    -Most tasks are band-aids for bigger issues, but the workers seem to be so bored they don't really care

Advice to Management

Boost morale.
    Improve the company culture, especially in the tech realm.

6. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Draper, UT

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Excellent environment. The employees are amazing to work with. Very friendly and down to earth place to work. I really like the culture there.

Cons

Limited access to do work from home.

7. "Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Draper, UT

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great, helpful, supportive coworkers and management. Relaxed atmosphere, work at your own pace. Very family oriented.

Cons

Have to deal with customers that are difficult and belittle the staff.

"Great Company to Grow a Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Reynolds holds firm in their "promote from within" mentality, which is rare to find in other companies. Many supervisors, managers, directors and leaders of the company started in an entry-level position. Therefore, they understand the day to day responsibilities of their team members. Management invests in the success of their employees, and there are always additional training opportunities to take advantage of.

The interview process lets candidates speak with many representatives to gain a better understanding of the company culture and position they are being considered for. Candidates are considered for all opportunities, and the recruiting department does a great job of finding applicant's strengths and interests, and recommending them for a position that is the best fit.

Cons

Being that the company is rather large, it can sometimes be tough to meet people outside of your department. But, there are a lot of sports leagues and volunteer opportunities to meet other associates you normally wouldn't work with on a day to day basis.

Advice to Management

Continue practicing an "open door" policy, listen to associates ideas and continue to invest in ways to see your associates grow.

9. "Great business to build a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kettering, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time

Pros

Reynolds and Reynolds is a great place to work when you are looking to build a career rather than just move on to another job. The focus on employee development and promotion from within is fantastic. The company culture is one of the best parts about working at Reynolds. Teams really do feel like your family. There are so many options available to get to know other employees between the sports leagues, volunteer experiences, and associate networking events.

Cons

The recruiting process is extensive, but is designed to find the perfect match between candidate and position.

10. "Great Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Software Implementation in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Software Implementation in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reynolds and Reynolds really cares about its employees. I really enjoy working for them. Great culture, great people, and a very fun work enviornemnt. I highly reccommend Reynolds & Reynolds to everybody I know.

Cons

There haven't been any cons that I have noticed in my time with the company

Showing 976 of 1,021 reviews