Reynolds and Reynolds Reviews | Glassdoor

Reynolds and Reynolds Reviews

Updated April 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great salary and benefits for the College Station area for an entry level job (in 52 reviews)

• Many company sponsored sports leagues and employee functions (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management it's stuck in the Stone Age (in 61 reviews)

• There is not much room for advancement and limited raises (in 26 reviews)

1. "intern"

Current Employee - Intern in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Intern in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great people and love it there

Cons

sometimes it can be difficult and the interview process didn't make sense

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Dayton, OH

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Sales training program will prepare you for your next sales job. Expect a lot of time spent in the Dayton OH training center.

Cons

I would encourage anyone looking for a career in sales to look elsewhere. No Automotive dealership wants to actually do business with Reynolds so it is a constant uphill battle from the start. Despite a fairly decent product portfolio (still 5 years behind in most) the price is not anywhere near competitive in the market and there is very little OEM support.
    Once you get in, you soon feel trapped as the executives threaten people from leaving the company with their non-compete. They also do not allow automotive dealers to hire Reynolds employees. When the majority of folks on the inside constantly discuss wanting to leave - it shows how poor the morale really is.
    Executive team (gentlemen's club) only cares about making money with no cares for the employees or even their most loyal customers. The former president was the only positive image the company had.
    Uncapped commission..... if you have a good year, they reward you with a sales plan change so you never make that much money again.
    They track all employees by requiring them to check in using Gps technology
    Micro management
    Very little support from the inside. Expect 60+ hour work week for all the administrative BS you are required to do.
    Pay plans are not competitive. Keep looking and you will soon find out
    Don't fall for the company culture, corporate events, free beer, sales club. It's all a scam to make you think it's not that bad of a place to work.

Advice to Management

They don't care

"Honestly the best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Software Implementation Specialist in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Software Implementation Specialist in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comparing it to other similar jobs, I think the pay is very good. The people I work with are great and I love my supervisor. There's a huge learning curve but if you make it through the first few months, it's great. Good environment, good benefits, on-site clinic, cafeteria, gym, and convenience store. Some flexibility when I have an appointment or am sick.

Cons

There is a pretty serious learning curve when you're getting started. A week in I wondered what I had gotten myself into.
    The only health insurance option is high deductible.

"UNDERPAID and OVERWORKED-- Software Trainer"

Current Employee - Software Training Specialist in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Software Training Specialist in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros of this job are consistency. I always know what my week will look like. You can work overtime. They have a fair 401k match.

Cons

The pay is one of the worst in the industry. You cannot live in a city with their salaries that are offered. There is NO upward mobility. There are people who have tried to be promoted who have been in the same entry level position for 10 years. There is no tuition reimbursement program. Their retention rate in the software implementation department is near 15% after two years.

Advice to Management

Learn how to value your employees for what they are worth. Your employees do not leave because they are tired of travel. They leave to other travel positions that pay 20,000 more a year starting salary.

6. "Great company for college students"

Former Employee - Tech Specialist in College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Tech Specialist in College Station, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible with school schedule
    Competitive pay with opportunities for a raise
    Good work environment
    Good company to gain technical knowledge

Cons

Hiring process is not very selective resulting in some poor employees . However, this is expected when most employees are college students.

7. "Company with Quality"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Reynolds for the past 4+ years full time. I started working here later in my career, and quickly enjoyed the training I received starting here. It is unlike any other employers that I have worked for previously.

I was able to excel in my department and become a leader quickly on in my time here. I find that I am able to give suggestions and assist in higher level decisions.

I love that you are not just a number, there is definitely a personal touch to everything.
    I like that there are events for families, as well as, sports events, workout facilities and other places to get involved and get to know others that work here.

Cons

There are a lot of young people that work here, and it gets more and more difficult to find commonality with them. But it also proposes a good challenge, as management, to learn to adjust to the younger generations.

Advice to Management

Allow a true open door policy to happen. Now that I'm a part of management, if my direct management doesn't see the value in something, I wish there was a way to take it higher. There really isn't.

8. "Great Company With Great People"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing facilities (Gym, Cafeteria, Health Center, etc.)
    - Friendly atmosphere
    - Great culture and values
    - Stable company
    - Benefits

Cons

- Vacation days are virtually non-existent for the first year or so

9. "employment at Reynolds"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Reynolds is a leader in its industry delivering superior products and customer service enabling our customers to achieve good business results. I enjoy being part of a team consistently and constantly striving for excellence.

Reynolds has a promote from within philosophy which provides opportunities for newer associates.

Outstanding internal training opportunities, particularly for Sales professionals.

Cons

Career paths are not always clearly laid out within all departments. This requires the individual to be more proactive in managing their career. Career oriented individuals should be proactive anyway, though.

10. "Career Organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A culture of execution (get stuff done), long-term organizational focus, internal associate development, stability, consistent company growth, focused on keeping Americans employed, conservative culture, driven by a strong vision, accessible leadership, promotes from within, no dead weight (everyone works their butts off) career mobility, believes in building the best possible product regardless of investment and time frame to do so.

Cons

can be slow to provide upcoming technologies to employees, heavy workloads at times caused by turnover, tough vacation policy for new hires, pay can be low depending on job role.

Advice to Management

Allow leadership to make their own decisions. Empower managers and directors to make decisions without Executive approval, and let them learn from their decisions.

11. "As with most places, it is what you make of it"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hands down, the thing I like most about Reynolds is the people. Most people I deal with have great integrity and really seem to care about providing great service to their customers. The company also does a lot to encourage people to get to know each other through sports leagues and other company events. Many of the people you meet at work will be the people you will end up wanting to hang around with outside of work.

Great 401k match and favorable health benefit package (especially with the discount).

The facilities are also really nice with an onsite gym, cafeteria, convenience store, credit union, and health center.

I also think the company does a lot to try to provide training to associates knowing that many are right out of school and have zero corporate or automotive sector experience.

There is room for growth though it can sometimes take longer than the 6-12 months that some people expect; you just have to continue to grow your skills and show your talents.

Cons

Sometimes Reynolds is at a disadvantage in regards to salary which causes some good people to go elsewhere, which is unfortunate.

Movement within the company (outside your direct department) can sometimes be tricky depending on your current job role. Probably needs a more codified system to help with career path of associates since some managers do a better job than others.