Reynolds and Reynolds Reviews | Glassdoor

Reynolds and Reynolds Reviews

Updated May 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great salary and benefits for the College Station area for an entry level job (in 53 reviews)

• Many company sponsored sports leagues and employee functions (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management it's stuck in the Stone Age (in 61 reviews)

• There is not much room for advancement and limited raises (in 26 reviews)

1. "Good benefits. But that's about it."

Current Employee - Forms Designer in Kettering, OH
    Current Employee - Forms Designer in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The list of benefits are hard to beat. But it only looks good on the surface. Everyone I've spent more that 10 minutes talking to hates working there.

Cons

Overpriced cafeteria, entitled employees, grumpy/judgmental health station staff, everyone always looks miserable... I could go on, but I think you get the idea. Lied to about what my job was going to be.

2. "Great Company With Great People"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing facilities (Gym, Cafeteria, Health Center, etc.)
    - Friendly atmosphere
    - Great culture and values
    - Stable company
    - Benefits

Cons

- Vacation days are virtually non-existent for the first year or so

3. "employment at Reynolds"

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Reynolds is a leader in its industry delivering superior products and customer service enabling our customers to achieve good business results. I enjoy being part of a team consistently and constantly striving for excellence.

Reynolds has a promote from within philosophy which provides opportunities for newer associates.

Outstanding internal training opportunities, particularly for Sales professionals.

Cons

Career paths are not always clearly laid out within all departments. This requires the individual to be more proactive in managing their career. Career oriented individuals should be proactive anyway, though.

5. "Career Organization"

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A culture of execution (get stuff done), long-term organizational focus, internal associate development, stability, consistent company growth, focused on keeping Americans employed, conservative culture, driven by a strong vision, accessible leadership, promotes from within, no dead weight (everyone works their butts off) career mobility, believes in building the best possible product regardless of investment and time frame to do so.

Cons

can be slow to provide upcoming technologies to employees, heavy workloads at times caused by turnover, tough vacation policy for new hires, pay can be low depending on job role.

Advice to Management

Allow leadership to make their own decisions. Empower managers and directors to make decisions without Executive approval, and let them learn from their decisions.

6. "As with most places, it is what you make of it"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hands down, the thing I like most about Reynolds is the people. Most people I deal with have great integrity and really seem to care about providing great service to their customers. The company also does a lot to encourage people to get to know each other through sports leagues and other company events. Many of the people you meet at work will be the people you will end up wanting to hang around with outside of work.

Great 401k match and favorable health benefit package (especially with the discount).

The facilities are also really nice with an onsite gym, cafeteria, convenience store, credit union, and health center.

I also think the company does a lot to try to provide training to associates knowing that many are right out of school and have zero corporate or automotive sector experience.

There is room for growth though it can sometimes take longer than the 6-12 months that some people expect; you just have to continue to grow your skills and show your talents.

Cons

Sometimes Reynolds is at a disadvantage in regards to salary which causes some good people to go elsewhere, which is unfortunate.

Movement within the company (outside your direct department) can sometimes be tricky depending on your current job role. Probably needs a more codified system to help with career path of associates since some managers do a better job than others.

7. "Great Career Opportunity!"

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked at Reynolds for over 15 years -- through good times and bad. No better place to work, best people, and great opportunities if you're willing to work hard and learn--your potential is limitless. Great facility and benefits, and such a rich history in the industry and the community.

Cons

A lot of young, new associates with little experience who do not want to give the time to make a career. They need to give a career more than a couple years to really appreciate the benefits. This is a great place to be.

"Good starter job"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Dayton, OH

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dental & vision insurance, on-site clinic, on-site gym, on-site cafeteria with good food, sports leagues, free beer at events

Cons

Health insurance plans aren't that great, they don't offer paid parental leave, they require a dr note for sick days, they'll fire you for any nicotine product use, some dept management doesn't have your back (and if you cross them, they'll go out of their way to make you miserable or try to get you fired), pay is marginal at best for your job expectations, and they have a major micro-managing problem.

Advice to Management

Change is a good thing. Keeping up with the times is a good thing. If you want to see an improvement in the overall atmosphere, start offering better benefits (paid parental leave, more PTO, no dr note for sick days - we're adults so we don't need a dr to tell us when we are sick, paint some of the walls, allow more relaxed dress codes for those who only work in the office and aren't customer facing, and treat your employees like human beings that have a life outside of work.

9. "A Company Built for Steady Growth"

Current Employee - Technical Support in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support in College Station, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Reynolds is a very stable, efficient company fully of hard working associates. Corporate culture is driven by the promote-from-within policy. Upper management is, for the most part, made up of extremely long-tenured employees. Often times, leaders have faced similar challenges in the past as ground-floor associates, which feeds into the companies steadiness.

All in all, a great place to work. If you show up, do your job, and buy into the company, you can count on having a long and rewarding career at Reynolds.

Cons

The company doesn’t take many risks, and can seem a little boring from the outside. This can be viewed as a positive trait, since Reynolds rarely makes bad or risky investments.

Advice to Management

Think about how mobility is changing due to technology (UBER, manufacturer subscription programs, ride-sharing, etc), and find a way to ensure Reynolds has products and services that make sense in the world 15-20 years from now.

"Great place to start"

Current Employee - Software Education Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Software Education Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Lack of accountability - tenure holds too much weight. 401k match is great but other benefits are lacking. I recommend working here as an entry level job if you do not have a family.

Advice to Management

If you notice a team is suffering because their supervisor is incompetent, do something about it instead of just agreeing with the associates and making jokes.

11. "Long term career"

Current Employee - Middle Management in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Reynolds takes great pride in doing things right. Strong market reputation and solid leadership of industry experts who provide clear direction for the company. Market leader with products and technology

Cons

As a reasonably large company can be a bit slower to change / adapt that a smaller, more nimble organization. More structured than some people may care for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and we will continue to be successful