Ricca Chemical Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Peter J. Ricca

1. "Easy job, constantly changing, fast paced but enjoyable"

Current Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Ricca Chemical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Full benefits,
    Paid holidays
    No interest loans,
    Paid vacation starting at 15days first year,
    401K,
    Paid tuition,
    Overtime,
    friendly staff,
    Lunch/breaks

Cons

Management doesn't know what they are doing,
    benefits are taken out every pay period up to over $600 monthly (opt out),
    He said/she said games,
    Not enough help

Advice to Management

Re structure the way you control the floor/plan better

2. "Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Independence, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Independence, MO

I worked at Ricca Chemical (More than a year)

Pros

This was a great company! Very open to new ideas and improving work flow. Great benefits and time off.

Cons

there was nothing to complain about.

3. "chemist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Ricca Chemical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great teamwork, work partners are awesome.

Cons

system is messed up, always behind on orders and everything else, and make employees work like slave. they make it look like it is just periodic and it happens; false. only a $100 benefit each year, health insurance is below good.no raise and no recognition of employees hard work. Pay below average. A lot of turn overs which can be an opportunity to move up I guess, i didn't see that happen for me so your choice.

Advice to Management

Need to actually address the problem.

5. "It is the most frustrating and disorganized place on earth."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Pros

The only pro is good friendly coworkers, management sucks. No vision or clear direction is given to the employees.

Cons

Management has no direction they change course every other day and do not communicate with employees. Turn over is extremely high. In 2014 the Arlington site had 30 employees quit. In 2015 in the first 2 months 4 people have quit. They are currently are on their 4th plant manager in 2.5 years.

Advice to Management

Get a plan and stick with it for more than 48 hours. Start treating the employees with respect and maybe they won't keep quitting.

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Production Planner in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Production Planner in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Ricca Chemical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Set hours and good co-workers, appreciation dinner once a year, $100 cash bonus at the end of the year...

Cons

very low compenation, expects you to do the work of three people WAY below the average pay grade, management is manipulative and back stabbing, sales and customer service representatives will make promises someone else has to keep and throw you under the bus if it doesn't happen, skilled labor positions are described as "replacable or a dime a dozen", no respect for subordinates.

Advice to Management

There are no company values. Customers are only valued by the amount of money they spend per year. It's the most miserable place to work at. Each department thinks it is in charge and will run over whomever to make themselves look like they are the saving grace...

7. "Ricca cares for its employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Ricca Chemical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ricca has allowed me and people in my department to suggest ways to bring in modern technology and hew ideas. They care about employees. Once, we (me and 4 other guys in my area) had worked a lot of hours over 3 months, and when the owner found out, the send a handwritten note to our wives, thanking them for their sacrifice of our time, and included several gift cards for the whole family.

Cons

I like it here. No cons to speak of.

"Daily beat down from a secretary without a high school diploma to a college graduate with near 20 years experience in fi"

Current Employee - Chemist in Pocomoke City, MD
    Current Employee - Chemist in Pocomoke City, MD

I have been working at Ricca Chemical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ONE-continued employment at a recession -proof job(notice i didn't use the term CAREER)

Cons

SAFETY-there not only is a blatent disregard for safety at the plant level, there is a TOTAL disregard for even the most minor of suggestions to improve.....we call it "barely legal" around here, if they can get away with shoing an auditor the bare minimum for compliance they will do JUST THAT and NOTHING else

Advice to Management

KILL YOURSELF

"Do not work here!"

Former Employee - Buyer/Planner in Batesville, IN
    Former Employee - Buyer/Planner in Batesville, IN

I worked at Ricca Chemical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really nothing positive comes to mind.

Cons

Lying terrible upper management, no technology, everything is done manually. I have hurt my carrer by going to this terrible company.

Terreble pay, they do not want to invest any money in this sham of a company. Dirty unhealthy for a chemical plant, not very attentive to safety. Also the employees I worked with used filthy language played loud sickening music all the time.

Advice to Management

Get a clue, you have a terrible company, it was very bad experience working there. My advice to anyone is do not work for this company.

10. "Horrible place to work"

Current Employee - Chemist in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Chemist in Arlington, TX

Pros

A great opening for people to start their career. One can learn about the basics of production plant.

Cons

Unsafe working conditions. Terrible planning leaves workers to be over worked. Work load is inappropriate at times. Hardly any positive motivation in the environment leaves employee's any moral or desire to continue working for them.

Advice to Management

Look to working on making a new system that improves efficiency. Make better planning that facilitate with the packaging and the rest of production instead of sending an overflow or work that makes the system bottleneck.

11. "Don't do it, even if financial times are hard...you'd come out better at the grocery store (even if you have a degree)"

Former Employee - Chemist in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Chemist in Arlington, TX

Pros

Small company so you get to know all the people who work there

If your idea of excelling is brown-nosing then this is the place for you. The "yes man" is highly admired by management...even when they know they are not qualified.

Get benefits

Cons

Management: Never have an idea that did not come from your manager, because that will be looked on as a threat (at that point, don't even entertain the thought of having a future there! because you won't). This is not the place for hard workers who value themselves...there's no room for you to grow professionally. The people who work the hardest are they ones that get fired first. If you don't tolerate nonsense, you will be labeled combative and counter-productive.

Safety: For the type of manufacturing company it is, having a safe work enviornment is not at the top of the must-have list...actually is doesn't make the list. And it should!

Leadership in general: The President's only motivation is "as long as it makes me money".
    Change: Due to the lack of promoting qualified candidates to leadership positions, the only changes made are to "delegate" to knowlegeable candidates the tasks the leader cannot coomplete and take away the necessary skill sets you need to learn as a degreed individual: troubleshooting.

Integrity: And that is why morale sucks in every department.

Advice to Management

Get management that actually has "Management Skills" and promote from within. Strong individuals are the backbone and give your company the "quality" product you claim to manufacture. Investigate complaints regarding management...stop penalizing your workers for the poor morale created by your managers. Different personalities rarely make the same complaints about one person.