Rich May, P.C. Reviews | Glassdoor

Emmett E. Lyne

1. "Good experience"

Former Employee - Paralegal in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Boston, MA

I worked at Rich May, P.C. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The paralegals are given a lot of responsibility, and that results in experience. It's a fairly collegial atmosphere. The work gives you a good taste of what being an attorney is like.

Cons

It is not a "big name" law firm, that generally won't be known outside of Boston. It's not a low stress job.

Advice to Management

Keep running the paralegal program as is...it was a good experience.

2. "I am so bored."

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Boston, MA

Pros

Job security, they only ask for two years, the firm is well recognized and respected, the attorneys are very smart and willing to answer questions/ write law school letters of recommendation.

Cons

At Rich May, there is absolutely no opportunity for advancement for legal assistants, though the same is not true for associate attorneys, many of whom have been promoted to counsel.

Advice to Management

Management of the Firm needs to find more ways to use the legal assistants that work there. Also, for the location of the Firm, in the heart of downtown Boston, there needs to be a higher salary. As far as I'm aware, they have not raised the paralegal salary in over five years, despite the burgeoning costs of rent in the area.

3. "“Outstanding assignment, I was greeted with team togetherness and professionalism. I appreciate all that was done for me"

Pros

My ideas were considered as important as everyone else on the team. Excellent work life balance.

Cons

I truly have nothing bad to say about

Advice to Management

Outstanding