RichRelevance Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Carl Theobald

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Laid back company culture, good work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Incredibly smart people- some of the most brilliant you'll find (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of smart people let go without any safety net (in 5 reviews)

• Many good people left because of his poor executions (in 4 reviews)

"Great team with an even better product"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at RichRelevance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tons of freedom, substantial opportunity, great leadership, great compensation packages and benefits, awesome team

Cons

need more transparency internally and more of an influence from no management employees

Advice to Management

Keep taking in feedback from your team internally

"Great people tackling challenging opportunities"

I worked at RichRelevance full-time

Pros

The global team is comprised of many energetic, positive, smart and dedicated people. The team really does make a difference and through ups and downs has stuck together and kept working hard. Carl has come on board and not only kept this theme going but has improved it. RichRelevance is also a leader in the space and via its technology and market position has a lot of very interesting opportunities in front of it.

Cons

The retail industry can be a challenging one and customers may not always move as fast in the direction one might like. This isn't necessarily unique to this market though!

Advice to Management

Keep it going. Carl and others in senior management have done a good job navigating the challenges of growing a company. Keep making deliberate prioritization decisions with transparency and adding the needed support to the right teams in order to keep the focus in the right place.

3. "Came for the job, staying for the people!"

I have been working at RichRelevance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Before accepting the position I was between two companies. It was the completely transparent interview process, warm inviting culture, and the product that ultimately led to me taking this role. Aside from all the perks listed in their benefits package there is so much more. Everyone is collaborative and works well across all teams with in the organization. In a short time everyone here has become family.
    I feel that the transparency has continued as I have started my journey here. I have direct access to senior leadership and I have a positive outlook on my career here. The products are completely being innovated and I think it's amazing that I get to be part of these conversations. I feel empowered to make an impact.
    The office itself is in SOMA, no peninsula commute.

Cons

Is it odd if my only complaint is that the office doesn't have enough natural light?

4. "Recently joined & happy with my decision"

I have been working at RichRelevance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Several things convinced me to take this job: all the people I met and talked to during my interviews were really bright, committed, upbeat, excited about where the company was going, very collaborative and gave great examples of how people pulled together and supported each other, the technology, open and honest about some of the concerns I saw here that I asked about but also very enthusiastic about recent leadership and strategy changes that are strengthening their team and position in the market, and their customer focus and how we help them create a great experience for their customers. Now that I've been here for a while, I'm happy to report that what they said was true. The team has been very welcoming and generous with their time and knowledge so I was able to get up to speed quickly.

Cons

My commute's a little long but I knew that coming into it.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going. I like what I see, the opportunities are exciting to me, and the people who have been around for a while seem freshly energized.

5. "Great team and market opportunity"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at RichRelevance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture and work atmosphere is what you make it, if you make the effort to go to happy hours/company events, meeting people on different teams and becoming close with your team it is entirely possible. The company is willing to support it's employees to expand their knowledge and get to know more about the team and culture. But both learning about the product and becoming apart of the culture takes effort and time - happy I took the time for both!

The new CEO is very product and 'go to market' focused which has already benefitted the company's product offering and aggressiveness in the market. I think the team has become much more focused and driven under his leadership and am excited to see where things go.

There is a lot of opportunity to grow with the company whether that be vertically or horizontally, many people have 4+ years tenure and have been on multiple teams.

Cons

The 4 products have been through many iterations and customized for large clients, which is a good thing, but now there are many different ways to achieve the same result and it can be hard to know which is the company's best practice. The company is moving towards having these best practices better aligned but is not there yet.

Advice to Management

Incorporate more feedback loops, try to create more fluidness across teams

"Good times, ended unfortunately"

I worked at RichRelevance full-time

Pros

Good People and a once prominent product set

Cons

Technology a bit long in the tooth

Advice to Management

Stick to a plan and execute and figure out how to penetrate the mid market

7. "Great people, strange management"

I worked at RichRelevance part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are super fabulous. They have nice personalities and skill sets. I enjoyed working with them.

Cons

The company seems a bit of a dead-end. Where is it going? Why is it going there? How does it plan to survive in the market? I can't tell and neither can the management.

Advice to Management

Get bought.

8. "Not what it seems"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at RichRelevance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, small culture boosting components, laid back working atmosphere, flexible time off

Cons

Many layoffs, poor financial management, overwhelmed CEO causing company to suffer, let go of some really amazing employees, high churn rate (hardly anyone makes it more than a year anymore), culture is not what it used to be, poor management review system

Advice to Management

Take a serious look at where things are headed, stop letting amazing people leave, re-evaluate your executive team, revamp your culture

"After some hiccups, still a solid place to be"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at RichRelevance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've done the glassdoor survey, I know what other companies are out there and thus I know compensation is good here.
    WFH is easy, PTO is easy, people don't micro manage you here.
    Real money coming in, we're profitable now, which feels great.
    It's a cliche - but the people your work with are great, aside from a rotten apple or 2.

Cons

We had layoffs about a year ago, that's rough to see happen.
    We had a bad CPO who did damage. Many good people left because of his poor executions. He should have been fired long before he quit himself.
    With the reduced size of 100-150 currently, there are not a lot of people that do the same thing I do, so I don't always have people that challenge me
    Offices over the world, talking to people in different timezones
    Little too heavily leaning on contractor companies

Advice to Management

RR is not great at growing fast, grow slowly. Your SF office needs good hires especially

10. "Decent Experience"

I worked at RichRelevance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance
    Autonomy to work on project that you deem worthy
    Decent location

Cons

Vision for the company isn't clear
    Management isn't coordinated
    Too many managers not enough workers

Advice to Management

Focus on moving needle and making sure you have the right people for the position. Not everyone performs well so don't be afraid to exchange them for those that do