KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good People and a once prominent product set(in 22 reviews)
  • "Fun activities and culture which help relieve stress.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance and there are some talented individuals within the organization that were a joy to work with(in 7 reviews)
  • "Friendly employees and work environment(in 7 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and some creative perks.(in 7 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people doing great work

Dec 8, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great, hardworking colleagues on my team and throughout the company. Smart, good human beings who do their best to work collaboratively and get the job done. Despite being remote since March, everyone's really pulled together to stay connected with each other and focused on the right things. It's one of the few places I've worked where the company really lives its values. Products that have real world impact, especially during the COVID shutdowns when retail has had to rely much more heavily on their online channels. Good benefits and some creative perks. My favorite is the personalized bobbleheads everyone gets on their 1st anniversary.

Cons

We run lean. We could get even more done if we had a few more people.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Run, run away and never return

Sep 5, 2019 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart co-workers. You get to learn a lot from them. Many were let go during the massive lay-offs.

Cons

- Benefits: Industry offers better benefits. Benefits offered at Richrelevance are just meh. Insurance is expensive. No commuter benefits such as Uber / Lyft credits. Many startups at San Mateo offers better benefits. - Company culture: The culture is to hire and fire. For once I thought the current CEO has a good vision but he is worst than the previous one. CPO is the worst thing that has ever happen to this company. He brags about what he has achieved so far but when it comes to product and hiring, he made some terrible choices causing 50% engineering layoffs. - Product: Many customers are building their own recommendation system, thus leaving rich relevance. Though the company adopted some ML/DL models strategy, their big customers (more than 3 I know) have already implemented those before they could and were/are performing A/B testing to replace them asap. The company is in survival mode. Even if they get more funding, funds will exhaust and another round of layoffs will happen.

6 people found this review helpful

VP, Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback. It's concerning to hear your opinion of our products and leadership. If you speak to the vast majority of the team, this is not their experience. The product is stronger than ever with investment realigned to focus on AI and on features that customers value. We are observing new customers being onboarded at a faster clip than ever before with these investments. The leadership team is committed to continuing to build the company and have this remain a great place for people to work and build their careers.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Do not recommend

Sep 5, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some good people who care. Some of the executives also seem to care. Tons of flexibility with work from home, flexible hours, PTO, etc. The company IS the leader in the personalization space.

Cons

Product is languishing and not good. It's become very difficult to sell it. The personalization space is commoditized. Deal size is pretty small (ask about it) Non-existent culture, and the company does not care about building one (there's no money anyways) Lack of transparency and flat-out untrue information from the CEO. Nastiness can occur within some teams and with some people who are not pleasant. As the other review says, the CFO is the real boss, and he's a brutal guy. Massive lay-offs occur every 1-2 years, more recently earlier this year, with no previous notice and minimal severance (40-50 people gone) Penny-pinching is the name of the game (you will be questioned on expenses) In general, the company is going nowhere pretty fast.

4 people found this review helpful

VP, Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. We've worked hard over the years to earn that leadership position in the personalization space. And we totally agree that we have good people, a caring executive team, and a flexible work environment - all of which reflect our core values. I'd be interested in talking with you about your feedback on leadership communication. We strive to be as transparent as possible - with regular All Hands, company wide emails, team meetings, one-on-one with managers, etc., - so it would be helpful to understand specifically where you experienced the disconnects. I understand that organizational realignments are difficult, especially when you are personally affected by them, but we believe that the company and products are stronger for it and we're better positioned to move forward.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Still love it after a year - getting better and better

Jun 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined a year ago, shortly after the new CEO joined and, especially based on things I heard about the past, positive changes were already happening. A new Chief Product Officer and Chief Marketing Officer joined soon after I did and they made a few other changes in leadership; each of them have brought in strong players, too. They're all having positive impact - month by month you can see the difference and feel the uptick in team spirit. The technology is great - we play in AI and Machine Learning which the hot place to be right now so that's pretty exciting, too. A lot of our clients are retail. It feels good to know that we're helping them get become more successful, too. We work hard but there's a real appreciation for work-life balance. I have great colleagues that make it fun to come to work everyday. And I love this size of company - big enough to have some traction but not so big that I feel like a cog - I can see the impact of what I do every day. The US benefits are very good.

Cons

We can still do better. There are still a few people who haven't quite gotten with the new program yet but even they are starting to turn around. I guess changing old ways and old mindsets take a longer for some people.

6 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome

Oct 3, 2019 - Senior Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work/life balance. Very hard working and fun group of people to work with.

Cons

No real cons to speak of.

2 people found this review helpful

VP, Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. It's great to hear that you enjoyed working with the team - they are terrific - and appreciated our work-life balance. Both reflect our core values.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

So far , so good - a hidden gem.

Nov 17, 2012 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting "big data" problems to work on. Great, engineer-friendly culture. Unlimited PTO! "Small company" feel is still there - email jokes that go to "all", silliness etc. still happens. Incredibly smart people- some of the most brilliant you'll find. Lots of "Dot-com" perks like free food, massages, games room etc. Friendly people, still relatively flat hierarchy (CEO walks around SF office and greets people daily). Execs are all ex-engineers to they "get" software development. Potential to make money if it goes IPO or gets acquired. Very open communication - financial numbers are published and company fiscal health is always discussed openly.

Cons

Can be chaotic - but to be expected in a start-up and some people like that. Dealing with remote offices/employees means lots of conference calls. Not a 9-5 easy paycheck. WFH policy (or lack of) is awkward - people tend to make weird excuses so they can work from home and email everyone ("have to babysit the dog as he's throwing up"). No major red flags...yet.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Direction is clear, product is growing; Revenue up, Morale up

Jan 10, 2019 - Proudly One of the Team in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've seen this place dip and climb over my years here. But with the new leadership over the last 18-24 months its been climbing steadily and the boat has a clear direction that is proven and working. The sales team is enabled and strong as shown by multi year contracts & upsells both up. New customers, competitive steals and most importantly morale is up behind a strong product team and focus on accountability and stability through trust (customer and staff) and transparency. I am on a technical team but try to stay close to where we are as a company and not stay heads down. The communication here is good and gives me confidence in where we are going. Customers are happier (tickets are down), 100% uptime, with proven technology.

Cons

I'd sure like to see even more growth in client services. Support is really strong and we have great consultants - just need to get them out there and sell their services. When we do the customer shows big wins

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great team and market opportunity

Jun 12, 2017 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture and work atmosphere is what you make it, if you make the effort to go to happy hours/company events, meeting people on different teams and becoming close with your team it is entirely possible. The company is willing to support it's employees to expand their knowledge and get to know more about the team and culture. But both learning about the product and becoming apart of the culture takes effort and time - happy I took the time for both! The new CEO is very product and 'go to market' focused which has already benefitted the company's product offering and aggressiveness in the market. I think the team has become much more focused and driven under his leadership and am excited to see where things go. There is a lot of opportunity to grow with the company whether that be vertically or horizontally, many people have 4+ years tenure and have been on multiple teams.

Cons

The 4 products have been through many iterations and customized for large clients, which is a good thing, but now there are many different ways to achieve the same result and it can be hard to know which is the company's best practice. The company is moving towards having these best practices better aligned but is not there yet.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee

Great potential but better leadership needed.

Jul 29, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is very fun. The company does a lot of fun things. Lots of fun personalities in the office. On a social level, every is approachable. RichRelevance provides more than normal visibility due to the weekly All-Hands and daily morning calls. People get recognized for their achievements. Great work life balance!

Cons

This company wants to go IPO. The culture is fun, but it will hinder it's progress to IPO. Not all, but too many, upper-level manager appear to be clueless as to how their subordinates do their job and appear not to care. They constantly cancel meetings and don't read/reply to emails unless you're upper management yourself.

8 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

2014 Will Be a Game Changer

Dec 19, 2013 - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture here is fantastic. The "average" person is spectacular. I enjoy walking in the door every day. RichRelevance is filled with smart people who are passionate about Ecommerce technology and the majority of them believe in the direction the company is headed. There are very few companies out there that have under 300 people that create the flexibility to take talented people that may be in the wrong job and figure out a career path for them that will utilize their strengths. I understand that isn't always possible but when it is it definitely takes a good manager to fight the fight for someone on their team to make sure they end up in the right spot. The re-org in mid-2013 was painful and it took several months for the dust to settle, but things feel very very solid going into 2014. I am beyond enthusiastic to be part of this incredible company and know RichRelevance will succeed!

Cons

If I had to say one, the office location. I spend more time than I should getting here and I'm more productive (and happy) working from home one day a week.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 99 Reviews

RichRelevance Reviews FAQs

RichRelevance has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 101 reviews left anonymously by employees. 48% of employees would recommend working at RichRelevance to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, RichRelevance employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at RichRelevance. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

48% of RichRelevance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated RichRelevance 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at RichRelevance to be benefits, culture, coworkers and the cons to be management, career development, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with RichRelevance Job Seekers