Richard Sandoval Restaurants Reviews | Glassdoor

Richard Sandoval

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "High turnover"

I worked at Richard Sandoval Restaurants part-time

Pros

Generally great locations, management was accessible.

Cons

High turnover in front and back of house

Advice to Management

Work on employee engagement

2. "Great food, great concepts, terrible upper management."

Former Employee - General Manager in Snowmass Village, CO
    Former Employee - General Manager in Snowmass Village, CO

I worked at Richard Sandoval Restaurants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a chef driven company that has very solid best practices structure in the kitchen and with regards to operational financials. They also operate very good concepts and do their research on where to place them.

Cons

There is a heavily bloated upper management structure in place which forces restaurants to operate at ridiculously low labor, food, and drink costs. Upper management views restaurant level employees, including GM's and management, as expendable, and expects a minimum of 80 hours per week from management. Hourly staff are treated as throw-away, and this is coming directly from upper management. Marketing is nearly non-existent and the marketing plan changes every few months.

Advice to Management

Start running local restaurants. Put GM's in place that know the local economy and guests. Allow the strong kitchens to do their thing and pare down on the expensive regional and national level staff that don't bring value to the operation or the guests.

3. "Poor management"

Former Employee - Server in Tysons Corner, VA
    Former Employee - Server in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at Richard Sandoval Restaurants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good food
    weekly pay, on time

Cons

They don't care about you
    shift managers suck!!

Advice to Management

Change the mentality of your Managers, servers are people too!

4. "Horrible Management"

Former Employee - Server in Snowmass Village, CO
    Former Employee - Server in Snowmass Village, CO

I worked at Richard Sandoval Restaurants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location and has potential to be a great restaurant. Food is alright, but the space is always busy with apres ski customers.

Cons

Tips are not given fully, and there is no tip pool. Poor management. They do not support their staff and will not help when you need it or ask questions. Management does not have experience to be in their positions.

Advice to Management

Support your staff. Do not chastise them for asking questions or asking for help. Servers need to have sections, not just first-come tables. Also, you need to hire food runners, back servers and expos in order to have better service and food run properly.

"Horrible environment!"

Former Employee - Server in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Server in Washington, DC

I worked at Richard Sandoval Restaurants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, maybe you can learn how to work hard without any reward. I dont think in this century that can help but make you stronger.

Cons

1. 0 benefits. 2. Long hours shift sometimes double shifts without brakes. 3. No respect to the contract that you signed basically all your responsibility is respected but not your rights. 4. Lowest pay in the area. 5. Managers do not have any knowledge about labor laws or managemet. 6 culture of fear. 7. The managers steal money from the entrys to the clubs, disaster in management and the corporation blames the servers for the failure in sales.

Advice to Management

Hired a better team of management, former securities, bartender without training cannot deal with workers issues, if the company what to save money please give the proper training maybe you are going to see less abuse.

"All work"

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Richard Sandoval Restaurants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have the opportunity to learn a lot about the restaurant industry and visit several other restaurants with in the company.

Cons

In my experience myself and several other managers are over worked and the upper management(directors) donot care. They would rather over work you and then replace you with a fresh body once they have gotten everything ounce of life from your body. You asked constantly to over preform while being under staffed and not provided with the proper resources.

Advice to Management

Please try to provide a quality of life for your employees. We have families that also need out time and energy. Before trying to expand, improve on the restaurants you already have.

7. "Human Resources Director"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Richard Sandoval Restaurants (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing concepts and great food. I love the people that I work with

Cons

Managers complain about long hours but I guess it depends on how well they manage their schedules

8. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Richard Sandoval Restaurants part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been able to work while going to school and make good money. Laid back environment.

Cons

Management is unprofessional. Need to take classes or something on how to talk to their employees.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees with respect. Be professional.

Sep 30, 2016 – Management Consultant

Thank you for your comments. We will continue to train our managers based on your comments.

9. "Server"

Former Employee - Server in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Server in New York, NY

I worked at Richard Sandoval Restaurants part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I have worked with are amazing. Received great training on steps of service.

Cons

Steady decrease in money due to tipping out al parts of the restaurant. Could pull in about $400 of tips and walk with $120. Unprofessional management. Picking up YOUR tip money is difficult if the manager is in a bad mood. Too much corporate red tape. can't get money for restaurant renovations sorely needed ie ripped booths. Often low on basic supplies because of this. Chefs don't know what is in food a lot of the times (was told that wonton tacos do not have gluten)

Advice to Management

Cut staff accordingly so people actually make money. Act like you want to keep older employees around rather than giving new people all the best shifts. Re examine the pool system. It is immensely uneven and unfair, pooling all three floors of restaurant when the main floor pulls in all the money.
    Visit tables if there is an issue or the food has been taking too long, comp more items if customers are having a poor experience...which often happens due to kitchen. Server should not be expected to soothe irate guests.
    Basing a server performance on outdated "shoppers reports" is non sensical the often slow kitchen has nothing to do with a server's performance. Communicate with staff about their short comings rather than being passive aggressive. Make family meal actually edible and enough for the whole staff, not just the kitchen. Build morale.

Sep 30, 2016 – Management Consultant

Thank you for your comments we will look into the situation

10. "Don't Work Here"

I worked at Richard Sandoval Restaurants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount on food at restaurants.

Cons

Work environment is obnoxious. Controller likes to threaten people and rarely praises. Pay is too low for the work load and they don't want to pay OT.

Advice to Management

Hire people who actually have experience in the areas they are hired for it makes those with experience jobs much easier.

Sep 30, 2016 – Management Consultant

We appreciate your input. Our controller is good at holding people accountable, I am sorry if you perceived it as threatening and for this particular position we pay above average plus we offer... More