Richard, Wayne & Roberts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Dick Weiss

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Results Driven Recruiting Firm...."

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Richard, Wayne & Roberts has a great reputation in the marketplace with clients and candidates. Long term relationships with clients and candidates are the reason behind this reputation and success. Richard, Wayne & Roberts has not lost sight of providing a great service to both clients and candidates, with an environment where coworkers truly care about each other. Open door policy designed to encourage new recruiters to tap into the knowledge of the senior team. Recruiters are encouraged to develop into management.

Cons

This is a results driven business. This is a place where results are rewarded.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of hiring the right background to increase the probability of success. Hire driven, resilient, high intensity, goal oriented recruiters, that will reduce the turn over.

2. "Wonderful leadership team"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great industry leaders in every business segment. Weekly training. Extremely high commission rate. Wonderful co-workers. Tenure is the longest I've seen in any recruiting firm. Employee owned company.

Cons

Hard work, big reward. Feast or famine.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

3. "Partners of this company are out for themselves"

Former Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a great reputation in the industry and the RWR name open doors.

You get your own office after you have been with the company long enough.

Cons

There are no consequences for the partners' unethical behavior. They are on straight commission and will steal from their own employees. Serious turnover and over 50% of the company (including tenured folks who were with the company 10+ years) have left the company in the past year.

They do not care how the placement is made as long as it makes the company money... this includes partners stealing from their employees.

Advice to Management

Hire an outside consultant to evaluate management and have consequences for unethical behavior.

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Houston, TX

Pros

No rules, no boundaries, no structure, no morals - if you follow their model of making 60 phone calls a day and working on the partner's job orders and have 12 hours a day to dedicate to this outdated and inefficient method of recruiting, you can make a lot of money there.

Cons

This is a terrible place to work. The leadership team has ZERO respect for employees, provide no strategic support, they discourage recruiters from develop strong and long-term relationships with clients, there is no budget for client entertainment, they do not encourage candidate relationship building or even meeting the candidates in-person, no real training. Draw is $36K, which is not sufficient to live on if you have a bad few months or a downturn in the economy, etc. In addition, the company DOES NOT provide the proper tools to do your job: they don't provide LinkedIn reimbursement, no cell phone reimbursement, no laptop, you have to pay for your own screen if you want a double screen, you have to pay for your headset if you want to have a hands free device to make the mandatory 60 phone calls a day, you have to pay for client lunches and entertainment, and the list goes on...

Advice to Management

Hire a consultant and gain some outside knowledge on how to run a business and manage professionals.

"RWR Provides a Career, Not Just a Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

There is tremendous ongoing training available to you, very open door policy, very solid Managers and Partners to help you with any questions you may have, strong camaraderie on the teams and throughout the company, company supports fundraising efforts, lots of flexibility once you have established yourself, unlimited earning potential. As an ESOP, you a part owner and you need to understand the responsibility. Mentoring program.

Cons

It is not a 9-5 job, you have to put in the work to see results. Base pay is somewhat low but that allows for much higher commission structure.

Advice to Management

Continue to explain everyone's role as an ESOP company. Don't ever change the open door policy.

6. "Best Kept Secret"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The absolute best opportunity in Executive recruiting with over 34 years of being the highest regarded name in Executive Search. I work with the top earners in the industry and the mentorship here is beyond compare.

Cons

Not for lazy folk. I don't know if this is a con.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

"Don't let them sell you so hard in the Interview"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is great, you have a lot of good people there that succeed and make it. As far as recruiting goes, they have the best of the best in training and environment. The key thing is too really get in the best industry. If the industry is good then you will make placements.

Cons

Anybody with a college degree can get a job here. They really have a high turnover rate. About 1 out of every employees make it there for a year.

Advice to Management

Only hire people that have recruiting experience because since you cater to the executive level, it'll be better to have somebody with previous knowledge in the industry.

"Job has provided limitless opportunities for myself and my family!"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work/life balance, flexibility, great for working parents, incredible training, great tenure, one of the best commission structures for a recruiting firm (I had an offer with two others before coming here.) I LOVE my group, they are wonderful people and ethical to the core, no question in my mind. I've made more than double the annual salary that I made in my previous career and it keeps getting better. Company trips and extra incentives are available all year long, year-end performance bonuses. I was fully supported during maternity leave, and the money you can make is limitless. I look forward to sitting down at my desk every morning and catching up with my co-workers. That's more than most people can say about their job.

Cons

In every company, there will be people who aren't doing things the way they should be. With over 70 recruiters in a recruiting firm, there will be situations that arise that aren't always easy to resolve. We have Upper Managment to go to that are very fair individuals. Also, the first year can be difficult for some people, you have to get your desk going, prove yourself, and build your candidates and client contacts, the commission structure also goes up. We have the resources to do this, from systems, to daily, weekly and bi-weekly training, as well as management to go to for guidance. It's much more than making random calls though, we make matches with backgrounds and culture fits and conversations with c-level executives. We have to understand our clients and candidates by building relationships. If you don't like people, this probably isn't the job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep the training strong and the open door policy always.

9. "Very Lucrative place to work...."

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Richard Wayne & Roberts has a very recognizable name in the markets they support, due to the tenure of the recruiting team, their desire to be successful and fill searches. Richard, Wayne & Roberts is a fun place to work, where freedom comes with success. If you want a place where you can surround yourself with and learn from some of the best recruiters in the business, go to RWR.

Cons

Tough place to work if you are not goal oriented, driven, self motivated and willingness to give it your all.

Advice to Management

open offices in other cities.

10. "A company where you create your own future"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time

Pros

Richard, Wayne and Roberts truly offers you the opportunity to have your own business while providing you all the administrative support you need

Cons

Executive management is there to give you counsel, let's you make your own decision, recognizes your success and never ever says "I told you so".

Advice to Management

be open to doing things different now that it is an ESOP