Richemont Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jérôme Lambert and Georges Kern
1 Rating

Pros
  • people work hard but there is a good work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• international environnent, high profile people, good salary (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is not supported in some regions (in 4 reviews)

• Mostly not based on achievements or merit, instead, office politics and alliances brings better opportunities (in 3 reviews)

1. "Hire employees, not temps"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Richemont as a contractor

Pros

Quietest and most relaxed warehouse I ever worked for. Not a difficult workload.

Cons

70% temps, 30% regular employees. Some employees have been there 2.5 years and are still in temp status. Ridiculous! And they wonder why they have a high turnover rate.

"Unfortunate experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Pros

The company offers 401K, health, dental, and vision insurance
    Free parking
    Ok employee sales if you buy expensive watches, jewelry or leather goods
    Horizon day care is on site

Cons

The review process is a joke, no salary raise for a couple years now regardless of the performance

Advice to Management

tried, you don't listen

"Don't take a job at Richemont/Cartier"

Former Employee - Watchmaker in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Watchmaker in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Free coffe & sometimes lunch. Discounts on products

Cons

Horrible place to work. You can make good sugestions, but if you are not one of the "favorite" ones you will be brushed aside.

Advice to Management

Learn to manage, Learn customer service, just learn to be a human.

"Richemont Latin America = ARROGANCE"

Former Employee - Support Department in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Support Department in Miami, FL

Pros

Benefits. If you are looking for great benefits Richemont is the right place.

Cons

There is no opportunity to grow if you are not French or don't speak French although this is Latin America Division most employees in this division don't speak spanish or even understand Latin culture. On their special events there is a strong feeling of division between European employees and American/Latin employees. If working for "Supporting Department" (ex. Accounting, Human Resources, IT, Warehouse) the division is very strong and there is no working team within department. I came across that one of the supervisor hardly finish High School and it was extremely difficult to work with, not only because of this lack of knowledge on the field but his attitude towards the company. It seems to me that most people were very unhappy with what there were doing and loyalty towards the product didn't exist.

Advice to Management

Don't underestimate employees origin, train future supervisor for such positions, take inconsideration knowledge, education and attitude when opportunities rises, have an open door policy. Build employee loyalty towards the product.

6. "Management"

I have been working at Richemont full-time

Pros

Product is amazing. Corporate employees in Shelton really care and are always extremely helpful.

Cons

Brand president is the most inept, negative, uninspiring human being I've ever worked for. Forget ever getting an original idea from this person. Thinks leading through intimidation and blame is effective. Typical everyone is expendable mentality.

Advice to Management

Could really be a great company. Stop putting people like this in positions of importance and visibility. Some one who obviously dislikes the product they represent and the clients who purchase them is a formula for failure. Wake up!

"Worst Experience ever. I don't recommend. This company doesn't even deserve a Star. USER AND ABUSER."

Pros

There are None. None what's so ever. I can't give you any.

Cons

This company is full of temp employees. And they don't care about their temp employees. Management doesn't listen when us temp employees voice our options about how to work better in the work place they just blow us off. This just isn't a very fun or friendly work environment. I just feel like they are using us as much as they can and don't care if we have families or a life outside work..

And this company is so unorganized it's ridiculous. And the system they are using is so jacked up it makes us hard to do our job.. So I m glad to be gone.. It's really a blessing not to have to deal with a poorly ran company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.. They are there to help you. And stop bullying.

"Join only if you are desperate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Pros

Nothing. You can't find a worse company than this one.

Cons

Everything. Appalling. Preposterous. You just can't find enough adjective to describe how bad this company is.

Advice to Management

Wake up and smell the coffee!

"Very bad experience. Indescribably awful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Richemont full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close to none with the only exception being some nice colleagues in the department.

Cons

Almost everything. Poor structure. Poor compensation. Constant bullying and blaming culture. No rewards for doing more (sometimes even melting out punishment instead) and forget anything about promotion. No trust in employees as management prefers to hire everyone outside than to give current employees a chance to progress. Management is clueless about everything more so issues concerning employees well-being.

Advice to Management

Wake up to the reality of what constitute true leadership. Management might not be able to solve everything but they could at least bring Richemont up to behave more like a true multinational company rather than a start-up company particularly on the human issues.

This is the only way Richemont can hope to engage the workforce of the 21st century and ensure the long-term survival of their Masions' heritage.

10. "intern"

Current Intern - Intern in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Current Intern - Intern in Geneva (Switzerland)

I have been working at Richemont as an intern

Pros

good environement, salary normal, avantage not enough

Cons

worst manager, politic bad ,junior are a lot opportunity

"Politics rule"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Richemont (More than 5 years)

Pros

Experience and exposure nothing else.

Cons

Various departments unable to synergize and lots of lifers with incorrigible attitude towards change. Career progression not based on merit but rather strategic association. No follow through on vision statement and run by autocratic control. Long working hours are mandatory with no work life balance.

Advice to Management

Employee engagement and understaffed are top priority but only if objectively done.