Richfield Hospitality Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Will Loughran

1. "Analyst"

I worked at Richfield Hospitality full-time

Pros

growing company, chill environment,

Cons

location is too remote, too much management turnover,

2. "It was the worse job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Pros

There were a few kind people. The person that hired me was great but she gave notice 2 weeks after I started

Cons

Very departmentalized. The majority of people were rude, almost bully-ish

Advice to Management

You had team builders that didn't help. Encourage everyone to reach out to new people.

"Engaged senior management. Bright, creative co-workers. Respectful work-life balance"

I have been working at Richfield Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Richfield Hospitality full-time for more than a year.

Richfield Hospitality (RH) is a great place to work. The cast change at the senior leadership level has brought with a breath of fresh air. While change at the C-level of any organization can be unnerving, in our case, it has been reassuring and exciting.

The CEO wants to hear from his employees and understand our needs and the tools that we need to be successful and, as a result, to continue to grow the business and positive reputation of RH. At the end of the day, the company continues to hire and support smarter-working professionals who care about each other, their clients and vendors and who take pride in doing exemplary work. It is a pleasure to be recognized and rewarded for good work.

Cons

Wish there even more bright and capable mid- and upper-level managers to share the often heavy load

Jan 2, 2015 – Senior Director of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and submit this review. Happy New Year! We know it is going to be a great one for us!

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Richfield Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Over the past year there has been a definite shift in leadership and culture. Team members are empowered to be successful and recognized and rewarded for doing great work.

Cons

Growing pains but on right track for growth

Nov 12, 2014 – Senior Director of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

"Great People, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Richfield Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Senior leadership team listens to their teams, and values their contributions. Working hard to make Richfield a great place to work but communicating, work-life balance and a strong office culture. Highly recommend Richfield!

Cons

We need to get some more hospitality management contracts. Unfortunately, we've lost some key contracts when the former management team left and we need to attract new hotel owners to engage Richfield.

Advice to Management

Keep leading by strong example, listen to your associates and continue to make Richfield an employer of choice!

Nov 12, 2014 – Senior Director of Talent

Great review, thank you!

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Richfield Hospitality full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company has recently gone through some leadership changes and the results have been positive. I have worked here multiple years and I have had opportunity and support in growing my career with in the company and feel that there is still future opportunity as the company is focused on growing. Current leadership is very supportive and experienced. The work environment is positive and I enjoy spending time with my coworkers. The company hired a new president who is a very good leader. He has extensive knowledge of the industry, but besides being qualified for the job he is very approachable and supportive. He is involved in all of the day to day activities of the company and working hard right along side his employees, and he promotes this type of work ethic among the rest of the leadership team. The company also offers good benefits and competitive compensation and encourages a healthy work life balance.

Cons

Every job has it's ups and downs, but looking at the big picture, I really enjoy my job. I don't have anything to complain about.

"Turning a corner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Richfield Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The new corporate management team has really made strides in changing the culture, and is working toward finding talented employees who share their vision. Over the past 10 months I have seen a major change in office environment, where people actually want to come into work!

Cons

The company needs to add new hotels into their portfolio. Work/Life balance is always a challenge with lots of travel.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate the goals and growth of the company to all employees.

"Headed in the right direction"

I have been working at Richfield Hospitality (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company went through some leadership changes but is headed in the right direction. Good benefits and I like the people I work with. New leadership team cares.

Cons

Company wants and needs to grow having lost some properties.

Advice to Management

Consistent communication across company would help and adding some benefits like flexible spending would be great.

"If you are looking for a job keep moving unless you are desperate"

Former Employee - Guest Services Agent in Rochester, MN
    Former Employee - Guest Services Agent in Rochester, MN

I worked at Richfield Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a few people that have been "inherited" over the years as management companies come and go that are true diamonds. Stick to some of those people that have been there for 10+ years they will get you through all of the other muck.

Cons

I worked under their umbrella for a full year at a few of their properties. I saw a lot of company. Read the other reviews here they are so enlightening--really. If you are thinking about working for this company just don't unless you have no other options. I worked there for a year--no raise, no promotion--the work culture is terrible. When I left I had to threaten going to labor board to get my vacation time paid out. If you need anything done with HR you have to hold them to the fire. They are rude, play favorites, and handy-down from company to company. These people don't care and will spend $100 to save a dime. Welcome to Wonderland where nothing really makes any sense.

Advice to Management

WAKE-UP! Hellooooooo? Is anyone home? Your employees hate you. Figure out what you did wrong, what you are doing wrong, and save what you have left.

"Lack of Leadership and Business Sense"

I have been working at Richfield Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At a loss for words

Cons

I agree completely with the previous review which they ruined the hotel by offering rates well below the property standards and/or competitive set. Zero strategy, zero organization, zero accountability, zero follow through, zero knowledge of the market they were selling in, zero support to staff, zero culture and zero care or concern for employee growth and career advancement. Use the technique of threatening job loss in effort to get the staff to perform and consistently performed unethical business practices.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse and realize your front line staff will be the success to your organization.