Ricoh Americas Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

1,461 Employee Reviews

1. "Massive Reorganization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people working together for positive change.

Cons

Motivation is low as no one understands direction

Advice to Management

Collaborate face to face and show the role of the remaining team members and show how their participation will create a strong evolving organization.

2. "Huge Company"

Former Employee - Order Coordinator in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Order Coordinator in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good starting pay and benefits, comprehensive training, nice environment.

Cons

This company is huge, we worked in a sea of cubicles. They were changing policys & adjusting procedures the whole time I was there. It was a little frustrating.

3. "Overall company rating"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Account Executive in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Account Executive in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has good employee benefits at no charge ie. Employee life, ad and d, short and long term disability. Lower cost options for health insurance as well as great potential for earning lots of money.

Cons

The greatest challenge to this position was the prospecting for sales with both current and new customers. Difficult to truly differentiate our products from the competitions product offerings.

Advice to Management

A LOT of help and information on what our products are but not much on how to highlight the benefit to customers. But overall the resources available and management want you to succeed and work with you to accomplish your goals you have set for yourself

4. "Sr. Application Architect"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Architect in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Architect in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Work Life Balance and Decent work

Cons

Struggling to manage the changes in Industry

5. "MS Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company offers a strong Health and Welfare benefits program

Cons

There is a significant work-life imbalance

6. "Its Ok. After one year I have no complaints"

Current Employee - Applications Support Specialist in Tucker, GA
    Current Employee - Applications Support Specialist in Tucker, GA

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my Dept., Managed Services (on site contractor), it couldn't be better. Great environment (education services), and a client who is just so involved, that they have made my duties a "cakewalk." All I monitor the clients' IT systems for problems, and resolve any that may arise. Additionally, I offer solutions to any needs and/or requirement that they may have.

My manager is the best in recent memory (I'm 50+). He stays out of my way, but provides guidance and when it is needed and/or requested.

Cons

Rough on-boarding process.
    The group/division I am assigned to is spread throughout the country so there is minimal or close to no camaraderie.
    The social media aspect of communicating with others via the Ricoh social site is "buggers" to me, and most of the participating staff post nothing but their work schedules - mostly WFH .

This review requests a rating of the CEO. I offer a neutral rating for the CEO due to the fact that I never met him.

"A life with Ricoh... And what went wrong..."

Former Employee - Senior Management in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Malvern, PA

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Culture between 1997 and 2014, I was there until 2017
    Positive environment to work
    Innovative Company
    Pockets of greatness, not company-wide
    Sr. Leadership, up to a certain level
    Training
    Leadership within Training and HR organization

Cons

Lost their way around 2014
    Not willing to pay for talent
    Many process managers, few SALES managers
    Loyalty to those that were making a difference
    Hanging on to bad sales reps too long
    Often schizophrenic field approach (mindSHIFT vs Ricoh vs Hybrid, etch)
    Heavy on personnel that bring little to the organization (printer business)
    Heavy on marketing personnel, sacrificed in other areas
    Incoherent path for services-led, as 50 people, what it means, you get 50 answers

Advice to Management

You had a number of employees that were bringing value daily, these employees were cut due to the lack of production of reps that were never in the right position to sustain the business. The right move has and always will be to cut or move the reps that are in the wrong position, and find a way to ensure those that bring value are secured. This could be assigning a sales quota and revenue requirements to some in non revenue bearing support positions. It could be by restricting the STI or Bonus to some, or negotiating lower compensation for those in non revenue bearing positions. The company seems to be in trouble and has taken cutting measures to try and get themselves out of this trouble. Everyone knows you cannot cut your way to prosperity. It pains me to know that so many good employees at all levels of the organization were let go, it pains me to know that a company that is as innovative and forward thinking as Ricoh, could not see any other way to enhance operating income than to make the drastic decision that it made to cut the entire commercial division (approx. 2,000 employees) which included sales, managers, order entry, marketing, training, technicians, and who really knows what other positions, for a short term fix to what it surely a long term problem. I have see some of the absolute best executive leaders, sr. managers, and sales managers let go because the company wanted to "reinvent" itself. I truly enjoyed my many years at Ricoh, however feel that we lost our way the day we decided that "copiers and mfps" were not a part of our lifeblood, or a vehicle to drive services. We lost out on significant opportunity to GROW when we acquired mindSHIFT, and didn't know how to leverage this investment by creating animosity amongst the field in so many ways. Never forget who you are, embrace who you are and learn to leverage this to create new revenue streams. Being indecisive about how you go to market was a tremendous disappointment to have to experience. I hope you can find your way, I doubt cutting ties with the Commercial division, providing the dealer channel (that carries several other manufacturers) will bring about the success required to truly GROW the business.

8. "Great benefits, but saturated with management"

Former Employee - Senior On-Site Services Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior On-Site Services Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits including health, retirement, training library, law help, retailer discount site

Cons

Very heavy with useless management, culture of "hire someone to manage these employees better/reward management for meeting quotas" and not "hire more workers if there aren't enough hands/reward the workers for meeting quotas"

Advice to Management

Cut the more of the middleman. If you want to delight customers then make sure the surface-level workers have the bodies to get the job done.

"Decent company to work fo"

Former Employee - Customer Master Analyst in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Master Analyst in Duluth, GA

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, PTO, hosts events to boost company moral

Cons

Company down size every year so you never know if your job is secure.

"Field Technician/Field Engineer for assigned zip code areas"

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Freedom to do your job. Flexible time

Cons

Micro management everyone at my former company which was purchased was layded off

Advice to Management

Keep good people everyone that worked for what was Ikon office solutions was layded off

Showing 1,461 of 1,481 reviews