Ricoh Canada Reviews

Updated May 26, 2020

2.7
Ricoh Canada President and CEO Glenn Laverty (no image)
Glenn Laverty
Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay,pressure environment,no career growth(in 7 reviews)

• "Old school tactics will always continue(in 5 reviews)

1. "RMS Sites"

Current Employee - Employee in Halifax, NS

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time

Pros

Suitable entry level job. Reasonable benefits package.

Cons

Entry level compensation doesn't really change. Not a career, as there is no measurable succession plan outside of Ontario. Remote work largely only possible for upper management and head office.

Ricoh Canada2020-05-26
  2. "Downward Spiral"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of people trying to make a difference in the middle management roles. Periodically there is short term focus on initiatives that would create positive long-term results.

Cons

It seemed to be a challenging environment because of constant priority changes from a leadership perspective. It was hard to know which decisions Ricoh Canada controlled, and which decisions were coming from the parent companies. Together this creates a situation where many leaders and employees don't work towards projects or priorities because they know they will change regularly so what's the point. It is difficult to attract top talent with the overall compensation plans at the organization. Top leadership seems unable to create and achieve even medium term objectives that are desperately needed.

Ricoh Canada2020-05-26
  3. "Poor management"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Multinational Company.... basically, this is the main or only reason. Keep in mind to move on after couple years… The atmosphere could change fast so you could find yourself stuck into a deeply nasty, inconsistent and immoral environment. Sure the company is selling an innovative product but the management is really old school style, no will to change, just and only talk.

Cons

Company selling innovative products however old school management style.

Ricoh Canada2020-05-03

May 5, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Ricoh delivers a broad portfolio of services and technologies that promote innovation and grow. The move towards information mobility allows our clients to get their information wherever and whenever they need it, enabling them to work faster and more successfully! With regards to your comments about management, we do regularly review our processes to reduce bureaucracy and improve efficiency. We greatly value a supportive work culture through the promotion of open communication, employee engagement and enablement. We invite you to email hr@ricoh.ca to share specifics since your comments are not consistent with our values or how we view our culture.

4. "Below Industry Salary"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time

Pros

Good sales training program and employee benefits

Cons

No marketing support, need more females in executive positions

Ricoh Canada2020-03-26

April 22, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

We appreciate the time you took to provide feedback! We’re glad that you found value in our training as we offer all our sales new hires an intensive full week of in class sales training, supplemented by several online training courses on products and services. In regard to your comments about workplace diversity, Ricoh is committed to ensuring we have a diverse and inclusive workplace. We have a number of women leaders throughout our organization; however, we continue to strive to increase diversity through all our departments and function. In our recruitment process, we specifically post our jobs with organizations that help us reach a diverse audience of potential candidates. We are committed to leadership development with a particular focus on developing and promoting women within our business. We agree that it is important for organizations today to have a diverse team and an inclusive workplace.

"Company shows its true colors during hard times"

Current Employee - On-Site Service Specialist

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time

Pros

The people are great and environment is welcoming. Everyone seems great most of the time

Cons

Starting wage is just above minimum with maybe a .35¢ raise at the end of the year, if you're lucky. Need to score pretty big on the point system they keep on you for even that amount. No regard for employees well-being. You are a $ sign at the end of the day. Their contracts mean more than you do.

Ricoh Canada2020-03-31

April 22, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re glad to hear that your team was welcoming, since we place great importance in promoting open communication, employee engagement and enablement. Our employees’ wellness is a top priority for us. We have a national wellness strategy that has many parts to it, and we make a major investment into it, to ensure we are doing everything we can to support the Health and Safety of our employees. We are sorry if this was not visible to you, and we wish we had the opportunity to address it while you were working here. We invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share more details so we can use your feedback to support our continuous improvement efforts.

6. "Service technician"

Current Employee - Senior Field Service Technician in London, ON

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Time off when needed for appointments.

Cons

Work load is always rush and more work load added as years go on with no extra pay structure.

Ricoh Canada2020-03-15

April 22, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed Ricoh’s flexible work schedule. We strive to provide flexibility so that our employees can meet both personal and work-related commitments. Ricoh operates in a fast-paced environment and we encourage employees to have an open discussion with their managers about workload concerns so we can take the necessary steps to address them. Thanks again for your feedback!

7. "Review"

Former Employee - Document Processing Clerk

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team were helpful just not enough time spent on training

Cons

Not enough training or help with particular company processes

Ricoh Canada2020-03-23

April 22, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re glad to hear that your team was helpful! Thank you for your advice on training as well. We promote growth by creating a path to career opportunities across the organization and developing learning programs, like the Ricoh Learning Institute, LinkedIn Learning and individual development plans for all employees. We continuously evaluate these programs and invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share more details so we can use your feedback to support our continuous improvement efforts.

8. "Trash - have destroyed IT Services"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation was adequate. Not bad, not good. Before people started leaving I.T. Services en-masse it was a lot of fun to come to work. Zero accountability means that work/life balance was awesome (no one else answered their phone afterhours, means that I didn't have to either).

Cons

Ricoh bought a company (Graycon) and inserted themselves into an industry they knew nothing about. Have made zero effort to learn. They've basically said "get in line, the way you did things isn't how we're going to do things going forward", even though previous ways were fairly successful. We've bled almost all of the good talent on the I.T. Services side and hemorrhaging clients. Outsourcing the help desk to Jolera was too little too late. It's clear Ricoh still doesn't have a clue and whatever remaining management left from Graycon isn't enough to right the ship. Whatever culture remaining from the acquisition is dead. The only people left are the ones either too lazy to look for another job, or too long tenured to give up their eventual package.

Ricoh Canada2020-04-08

April 23, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are very sorry to hear that your experience at Ricoh was not positive. We wish we had an opportunity to address your concerns while you were employed here, as we have many avenues for our employees to report concerns. When we expand our services and acquire new organizations, we do our best to ensure a seamless change is made. Specifically, within the IT services group, we continue to conduct employee round-tables and town halls to gather employee feedback and address them accordingly. With regards to your comments about compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward-based programs. This is done in consideration of geographic and industry differences. In respect to turnover, we have created and maintained many initiatives focused on helping us retain our talent. Unfortunately, we do at times lose good employees to other opportunities outside of the organization and we wish them all the best in their endeavors. If you have any more specific comments about this or other matters, we invite you to email hr@ricoh.ca so we can look into any possible areas on where we can improve.

9. "Executive Mess"

Former Employee - Leader

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home anytime, all the time

Cons

Unfortunately the Executive Team are led by Sales and or operational VP's that have not matured in their leadership skills. This is leading to a poorly operated company trying to transition to IT Services. They have Execs that have grown up in the print business trying to transition the organization which they can't. HR is done out of the Consultants Homes, with one not even close to an office doing leadership training.

Ricoh Canada2020-04-06

April 23, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed Ricoh’s flexible work schedule. Ricoh strives to provide flexibility so that our employees can meet both personal and work-related commitments. With that being said, under non-pandemic circumstances, our HR and other support teams balance the ability to work from home with maintaining an office presence as we understand the importance of being present and available for employees on and offline. We believe that it is important to bring in fresh perspectives through new hires and our robust recruitment program ensures we have new hires starting at all levels of the organization. We are also very proud of our employee professional development programs that supports our employees’ professional career goals and establishes career paths that can lead to both lateral and promotional job opportunities. We strive to strike the right balance between promotion from within which benefits our employees and hiring from the outside which provide new perspectives. If you have any more specific comments about this or other matters, we invite you to email hr@ricoh.ca and we can look into any possible areas where we can improve.

"Shallow Commitments from Executive Leadership"

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They have many good and friendly people and are very relaxed about their working remote policy.

Cons

Ricoh Canada is an organization that has demonstrated a lack of integrity and competency amongst their executive leadership. The organization is in desperate need of "new blood" and "new thinking" required to Lead them through to the organization that they say they need to become. In the last 2 years they have started to show a regular turnover in their executive but rather seek out and evaluate the right people for the right roles they simply select the person who has been around the longest and has demonstrated that they value loyalty above doing the right thing for the organization. As such, you have continued thought patterns and similar lack of action or results required. Can you imagine a scenario where the organization just simply stops doing employee surveys because they have come to realize that the really do not have any intention at all of fixing any of the issues brought forward by the staff? Can you imagine an organization that professes to be a Gemba organization and at the same time has stopped asking the front line employees for their input? Can you imagine this scenario and then proceeding to reduce the workforce and staffing levels due to poor results but never actually holding any of the leaders responsible for the results accountable? Can you imagine an organization that professes to be a Gemba organization and has a VP who only cares to interact with the people he leads twice in a 4.5 year period? Can you imagine what it might be like to work for this organization when they promote this VP into the President's role? Things are only getting worse.

Ricoh Canada2020-03-22

April 7, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for your candid comments. At Ricoh, we are open to feedback of all types and will always listen with an open mind to what our employees have to say. We conduct semi-annual employee surveys with a random cross-section of the work force and starting in February, we have increased the frequency of our pulse surveys to quarterly using a new employee engagement platform. It is important to bring in fresh perspectives through new hires and our robust recruitment program ensures we have new hires starting at all levels of the organization. We are also very proud of our employee professional development programs that supports our employee’s professional career goals and establishes career paths that can lead to both lateral and promotional job opportunities. We strive to strike the right balance between promotion from within which benefits our employees and hiring from the outside which provide new perspectives. It is unfortunate that your experience at Ricoh was a negative one. We do not shy away from hearing different opinions and ideas and therefore we invite you to reach out to us at hr@ricoh.ca if you wish to discuss your thoughts further.

Found 132 reviews