Ricoh Canada Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Ricoh Canada President and CEO Glenn Laverty
Glenn Laverty

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • good training and management support (in 4 reviews)

• Great people enjoyed the job while it was there (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales and management do not get involved with the customer after the sale has been completed (in 4 reviews)

• low pay, bureaucratic part of a corporation makes getting things done take longer (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Coworkers but low pay"

Former Employee - Senior Services Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Services Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, good benefits package, modern clean work environment, room for growth and promotion

Cons

Low rate of pay, high stress, little to no reward intensive for hard work

Advice to Management

Pay scale is very low in relation to the level of work and stress placed on employees. The Ontario wage increase will go some way to help this but intensive on Ricoh's part is necessary as general employee moral is low.

Jul 13, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed working in a collaborative team and work environment. Ricoh prides itself in recognizing, rewarding and... More

2. "It was a good place"

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time

Pros

Great people enjoyed the job while it was there

Cons

same information entered multiple times for one task

Jul 6, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that your experience at Ricoh was enjoyable. We are proud to say that our best resource is our people and it is refreshing... More

3. "Swimming with the sharks."

Former Employee - Business Development in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Business Development in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some laughs but overall, very stressful.

Cons

business processes, commissions, training are no good. Everything takes for ever to do, commissions are usually wrong and bonuses are not paid accurately (more work for me to go back and make sure, I'm being paid fairly)

Advice to Management

step down.

May 19, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We regret to hear that your experience while working at Ricoh was not consistent with our culture and values. We make every effort to... More

"Felt like working in Philippines"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Ricoh Canada (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable job for starting. Big corporation but a start up mind set.

Cons

Surrounded by Filipino people always and mostly from one family.

Advice to Management

Please have diverse environment. And stop giving jobs only to people related to one person in LDS.

Apr 20, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We regret to hear that you did not feel that the work environment was diverse from a people perspective. Ricoh implements many practices that... More

"Sean Magee"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entrenpreneurial, competitive environment that develops your sales skills for a future career in the industry. Good entry level sales environment that provides you the basics skills (cold calling, prospecting, and presentation skills)

Cons

Poor training environment - specifically their training processes. Always looking over your shoulder, not cooperative. Forced to work individually

Advice to Management

Develop a sense of purpose and loyalty to the brand instead of only pushing sales quotas and targets. Develop talent and pay accordingly to reduce employee turnover

May 8, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that you valued Ricoh’s competitive and entrepreneurial environment and that you obtained skills that will help you in your... More

"Freedom and Trust"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great commissions structure with no cap! Average sales reps earn 70-80k per year, above average reps are making up to 250k per year. Empowered sales professionals, trusting and understanding managers and leaders, way more to sell than just printers including many business enhancing software packages, IT, legal, scanning and indexing services. Interactive whiteboards and boardroom services have been recently introduced and are a very popular sell.

Cons

Lots of changes in business and we are moving quickly towards a world with much less printing... more software and services are needed to sell as businesses are buying smaller and less expensive printers.

Advice to Management

Don't forget how important training will be with all the market changes

Mar 21, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that you feel we remain competitive in terms of compensation, and that you are enjoying a positive employee experience.
    In... More

"service tech"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Ricoh Canada (More than 10 years)

Pros

out of office environment, not micro managed

Cons

slow to change, no input from the people on the ground

Advice to Management

better communication

Apr 10, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoy an environment that offers work from home capability and is free from micro management.
    With regards to... More

8. "No stability"

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with a great team

Cons

No stability. Worldwide job cuts at the drop of a hat. Commissions never right and a lot of disconnect with upper management.

May 17, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed a dynamic team environment while at Ricoh. We actively promote a team environment and open communication... More

9. "Too Much Management"

Current Employee - Technology Service Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technology Service Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Ricoh Canada (More than 10 years)

Pros

I like that I get a phone and car from the company. And the bonus is nice. Also I don't have to report to the boss daily.

Cons

Too much micro management and lack of communication. It feels like they don't have a real plan and are just putting out fires to please the customer. This leaves me with a real lack of confidence in the company. I find that as more time goes on the more I have to do to manage my job. It used to be management would manage many of the little "nuisance" things about my job. Things I wasn't hired to do nor are directly part of my job. Now I find I have to spend too much of my day making someone else's job easier.

Advice to Management

Let those of us who know how to do our job do it. Make those who make mistakes fix their own mistakes. Sit down and properly plan for the future. Get rid of some of the middle management who don't seem to have a "real job" and are just pushing paper around for no apparent reason. That way we stand the chance of getting a real raise rather than the 0% we've gotten lately.

Apr 11, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear you are generally satisfied with the compensation and tools provided to perform your work. We regret to hear that you... More

10. "Technology Service Consultant"

Current Employee - Technology Service Consultant in Aurora, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technology Service Consultant in Aurora, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Community oriented and open communication among all departments. Everyone works towards the common goal using the best tools available in the industry. All employees are made to fee that they are each an integral part of something much bigger than any of us. We are all playing a major roll towards shaping the future. Not just in technology but in environmental as well just to mention one of so many ways that Ricoh will help build a better tomorrow for my children and my Grandchildren.

Cons

Not much that I ever found negative, but to be perfectly honest, I would have to say my biggest struggle and time consumed was searching through technical reference material to locate parts and adjustments as well as bulletins. I have so many ways I could see that this could be stream lined and save much time for the technician and the company. So much goes against the technical writing that I have experienced. I have had the opportunity to interview other technicians regarding the manuals and I am hearing much the same. Think of the money we could save by reducing wrong part orders and return visits due to wrong part orders. Time could be easily saved by referencing the page for adjustments and replacement right next to the part number. Also calling the feed clutch in the service manual and then a 23 tooth magnetic clutch in the parts manual increases time spent to search and also increases chance of get the order wrong. Nut much for a Con when you think about it. More of a Tech peeve.

Advice to Management

You treat us like family. You walk the talk. I am proud to be able to work with such wonderful teams of professional people who go out of their way every day to see what they can do to make your job easier and also really care about you as a person. Keep up the great work.

Feb 14, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear about the positive experiences you have enjoyed here at Ricoh. Ricoh invests a great deal of finances, time and effort... More