Ricoh USA Account Executive I Reviews | Glassdoor

Ricoh USA Account Executive I Reviews

Updated Apr 3, 2017

Found 27 reviews

2.3
Ricoh USA CEO Joji Tokunaga (no image)
Joji Tokunaga
  1. "Account Executive 1"

Current Employee - Account Executive I in Orange, CA

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great management, good starting pay, great brand, they want you to succeed, they don't hold you back, opportunities for growth

Cons

None at all this is a great company to work for and there is plenty of great growth potential. Awesome company!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Ricoh USA2016-08-27

"Disappointed and would never recomend this place to anyone!"

Former Employee - Account Executive I

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learning about the latest technology that helped business grow and develop practical cost effective solutions. The people I worked with and all that helped me be successful at my job. Benefits are very good.

Cons

After years of service, myself and hundreds of AE's get laid off. We are offered a severance package that, at first glace, seems as if they respected our time with the company. That unfortunately was not the case and let me explain. Ricoh sold our division to a dealer. For us to receive the severence, you are required to interview with the new company. If you don't, no payout, no choice. If you complete the... interview and are offered a job and don't take whatever they give you, no payout. Only if you interview and are not selected do you get the payout. How is that fair? How does that show your respected the time your employees put in? You hold us as a perpetual hostage for you to save a few dollars? Ricoh took pride in being a company that cares, but you have to "look at the fine print" to see how shady they really are.

Advice to Management

Get some class and just be straight with employees that you are laying off. Using blackmail and hold money that you "wish to provide us for years of service" with a clause is in absolute poor taste! We should have the freedom to select who we would want to work for without draconian rules or restrictions.

Ricoh USA2017-04-04

"Laid off and the severance package was horrible!"

Former Employee - Account Executive I

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working remotely, weekends off and not a lot of micromanagement. Training was very helpful and very useful when selling products and services.

Cons

Horrible salary, horrible commission and no loyalty from the company. Didn't feel valued as a worker even though I met and greatly exceeded my quota.

Advice to Management

None to give

Ricoh USA2017-04-04

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive I in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of opportunity. They go out of their way to recognize talent and support those who achieve. The specialists you get to work with are great. Many terrific people work at Ricoh. One of my favorite things about Ricoh is how much they value ethics. It's so refreshing to work for a company that puts so much value on conducting business honestly and ethically. At no point are you ever pressured to cut corners or... act dishonestly in any way. Quite the contrary in fact. I have personally witnessed upper managers making decisions specifically because it was not only best for the customer, but also because doing otherwise wouldn't have been ethical, even if that meant costing the company money. Truly refreshing! They really walk the walk at Ricoh.

Cons

Learning how everything works at a big corporation at Ricoh can be quite daunting. There's a special department for pretty much any basic function of the company, so there's a lot to learn. Then again, once you learn your way around, you begin to appreciate that you don't have to do everything yourself because there are so many people who are specialized for taking care of your needs or answering your questions. You... always feel supported. Tricky part (At first) is learning who exactly you're supposed to go to.

Advice to Management

Cut back on your product and services portfolio. It's nearly impossible to keep up with the range of products and services an account rep is expected to sell, especially when they're being constantly updated.

Ricoh USA2016-10-17

"Account Executive AE1"

Current Employee - Account Executive I in Concord, CA

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time

Pros

Great training program. Good job if you want to get your foot in the door in sales. Great resume builder

Cons

A lot of Cold Calling. Internal resources can be frustrating to deal with. Commission plan changes YOY and seems like it gets worse every year.

Ricoh USA2016-08-08

"Great for advancing carreer"

Account Executive I

I worked at Ricoh USA

Pros

This was a great place for advancing my career from retail sales to the corporate world. They took a chance on me, and provided excellent training. I learned enough to start my own business where I sell b2b.

Cons

It's extremely difficult. Cold Calling is depressing. The sales process is convoluted. This is a document management company...yet they don't use any of their own products.

Advice to Management

I found that everyone spoke in a way that was confusing. It's almost like nobody wanted to admit that they are copier salesmen, so in order to boost their own ego they would speak in a lot of jargon, in order to sound more important, which makes it very confusing to absorb all of the information you need in a new industry when you are just starting out. I've since moved on to selling b2b for another firm, and I find... that non of my customers use the same language that management at Ricoh would use. I think they lose a lot of sales because it confuses the customers and employees.

Ricoh USA2016-05-23

"Good experience, but really a dead end sales job"

Account Executive I

I have been working at Ricoh USA for more than a year

Pros

If you can sell copiers/printers/office solutions you can sell anything. Good corporate training, I liked all of the people I worked with. But truly the epitome of a cubic office drone job.

Cons

Watched 20+ reps come and go within my 2 years. I understand quotas, and I hit mine...but this was a position where if you had a slow month, you barely ate that month.

Ricoh USA2015-10-28

"Great Place; Poor Pay"

Account Executive I in Portland, OR

I have been working at Ricoh USA for less than a year

Pros

Upper Management is extremely relaxed and supportive The culture is professional but fun Co-workers are friendly and helpful

Cons

Sales Cycle and Resolving Issues takes too long Low base pay and compensation plan

Advice to Management

Pay higher wages or turn yourself into a call center. Too many departments with inept employees in delivery, billing, and sales support centers

Ricoh USA2015-06-24

"Ricoh in a nutshell"

Former Employee - Account Executive I in Concord, CA

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Flexible schedule - Fun work environment - Extensive training

Cons

- Poor compensation plan - Non-competitive base salary - Constant organizational change - Antiquated industry

Advice to Management

The turnover rate is astonishing. Around 70-90% from what I saw in my ten months of employment. The future of Ricoh USA and their success is dependent on hiring good talent and keeping it. Such low salary/commission has most people leaving before completing even a years worth of employment. Something has to change. Got a 200% base pay raise elsewhere after ten months of employment, partly due to how well... Ricoh trained me.

Ricoh USA2015-07-02

"Basic skills job, stepping stone"

Former Employee - Account Executive I in Concord, CA

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Provides a chance to get hands-on sales experience for someone who wants a reputable company to break into that industry. A stable salary (yet very low) and a chance to solve certain business challenges to those who may be interested. Freedom to take off early or not go into the field and relax. No need to work 8-5

Cons

Pay is horrible Compensation is horrible and continues to get worse Outdated system creates many headaches submitted orders Expect your commission to be less than you thought Disconnect between executives and sales team No team morale boosting No motivation to work harder and sell more

Advice to Management

Step down and talk to your sales team. Get to know their issues. Push harder for better compensation. Act like a manager

Ricoh USA2015-06-01