Ricoh USA Field Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Ricoh USA Field Service Representative Reviews

Updated Dec 5, 2017

Found 16 reviews

2.3
Ricoh USA CEO Joji Tokunaga (no image)
Joji Tokunaga

"Great company needs to clean house of bad employee's"

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in South Florida, FL

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great atmosphere love my job and there is alot of great people in it but there is some that aren't happy with their jobs, well better said their pay. i feel like if there would be benchmarking then they would give certain employee's more motivation to pick up their slack thus make it better for those of us that actually like their jobs and the services we provide to our diverse market of customers.

Cons

people complain regarding pay, time accumulation for time off is low for sick time and vacation time when you have been there for less than five years need more incentives for employees. other than that GREAT EMPLOYER

Advice to Management

CLEAN HOUSE!!!! there are a lot of ungrateful employees not doing their jobs at full capacity because of pure laziness or lack of motivation. or pay get on it Ricoh we are here for the customer becuase of the customer and employees forget that

Ricoh USA2016-12-09

"Field support representative"

Field Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Ricoh USA

Pros

There are no pros about this company.

Cons

Their field support service is a complete joke, they will pull you left and right at all times of the day. They will tell you to cover certain hours and it will be wrong. They do not care that this affects the people around you as well. They will try to pull you to sites way on the other side of town, not understanding that some people choose to live in a certain place because it is CLOSER to where they work. All... this while being underpaid. If you need to make up hours because you had an appointment they will refuse you. They will not accomadate your scedule. They offer tuition reimbursement but will not flex your schedule so that you can take classes.

Advice to Management

Management gets all the perks any advice to them is wasted. They don't care about the lower level employees we are just stepping stones.

Ricoh USA2017-12-05

"Field Service Technician"

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Easy job. Good benefits. Get along with all other field tech's, we have a "we are in this together" family feel

Cons

Upper management (decision makers at headquarters in New Jersey) have no clue about field service and what we have to deal with on a daily basis and they are always adding activities and changing expectations. Local management is an "old boys club". Their hands may be tied by Corporate but still frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Go out in the field for a month every season, so you can see what we have to balance on a daily basis.

Ricoh USA2016-01-12
  4. "Play your cards right"

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The opportunities for advancement is there, but you have to do your research.

Cons

Clients can praise your work until the cows come home, it means nothing if it isn't consistently presented to management

Advice to Management

Elevate your employees by making sure they are recognized for their hard work.

Ricoh USA2015-12-29

"Mostly Good, with challenges to your sanity"

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Many opportunities to grow, not always in ways that you would think.

Cons

Procedures and structures that seems counter productive to customer satisfaction and employees' productivity.

Advice to Management

Try to find a way to let people get their jobs in a way that works locally.

Ricoh USA2015-12-04
  6. "Field Service Technician"

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Melville, NY

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's been great so far. Good benefits, good training, good team and good manager. Company is growing and many opportunities for career development. I would recommend Techs to give it a try.

Cons

I can't think of any. I mean sometimes things go crazy but that can happen anywhere so I can't blame Ricoh for that.

Ricoh USA2015-11-22
  7. "FSR"

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Don't have to see the same people everyday.

Cons

compensation and depending on your territory it can be stressful.

Ricoh USA2015-09-22

"Ricoh is Terrible"

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

When you are at a job site, the customers are very friendly, welcoming, and often treat you like part of the team.

Cons

- Management is terrible: don't respond to you for days, if at all, lets people get away with murder and does nothing to stop someone from being lazy and not doing their job, doesn't care about employee's needs and desires, doesn't hold meetings but once every 6 months so that those of us who don't have a home office can get a sense of comradery or team spirit, won't let you move to another position until you have... been with the company for a year, even if the customer has specifically requested you and he has the power to let you apply. - The company morale is low. No Christmas bonuses, no Christmas parties, no company outings, no employee enrichment - Pay is crap. They pay you very little to do a lot of work. Their raises usually fall in the .10-.25 range. And .25 is a really good raise. - Benefits are crap unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for them. If you pay a lot of money out of your checks, then you can get decent benefits but if you don't have the money to afford 1/3 of your paycheck going to insurance, then you are basically going to be paying out of pocket for everything at doctors visits for you and your family.

Advice to Management

Learn how to run a team. Perhaps take some management courses at your local business colleges. I'm not just referring to my manager, it's every one of them. I've also heard from a previous manager who stepped down that the company asks them to do shady things. Hence, his stepping down. Maybe if all of you stood up, then no one would have to step down just to keep their moral compass intact.

Ricoh USA2015-09-09
  9. "Field Service Representative"

Field Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Ricoh USA

Pros

Great work environment that nurtures your growth within the company.

Cons

n/a can't really think of any cons at the moment. Love this company

Ricoh USA2015-07-14

"Absolutely Awful Experience"

Field Service Representative in Dulles, VA

I worked at Ricoh USA

Pros

I have nothing good to say about Ricoh. Some of my fellow Field Service Representatives were awesome people though, who certainly deserved more respect than they were given.

Cons

- Made lots of promises that they never kept - Management doesn't see the potential in its employees. They can't retain quality talent because they don't encourage thinking outside of the box. - Very rigid management/review structure that devalued hard work and innovation. (I'd witness specific employees working until 3 hours after their regular work day, almost everyday. Instead of rewarding this diligence, and... realizing that this was a problem that needed to be resolved, Management would take advantage of these employees to cut costs). - Treats employees like numbers on client sites (kind of like mindless cattle), not with any respect whatsoever - They made empty promises to the client company. Client was extremely unhappy with how Ricoh treated their employees, and eventually decided to not to renew its contract with Ricoh for those reasons - Ricoh says its innovative, but it is truthfully anything but. New ideas and innovative are squashed. Thinking outside of the box is discouraged. - Ricoh Sales Representatives are praised for making sales, but follow through by delivering an inadequate product. - They inaccurately portray their benefits packages - They take advantage of employees. Promoted employees to site manager level (doubling their workload) but not compensating them financially by giving raises. - Ricoh swashes spirits. (none of my former Ricoh coworkers have anything good to say about the company. All of my former coworkers who currently work there, HATE their jobs. None of them actually want to work there.) - Dated company structure. NO CULTURE. Values that management doesn't actually follow through on. Ultimately a company with no integrity. - Employers should validate their employees and promote career growth and self-worth. Ricoh says it does this, but its a lie--all smoke and mirrors - Ricoh belongs buried in 1985. Not with the times whatsoever. Not a good place to be. Not worth the wasted years. Doesn't look good on a resume.... - I have lots of other negative things to say about Ricoh, but I think I'll stop there. If you can help it, DONT WORK THERE. They will squash any spirit/life/innovation that you bring to the table. It's great for sales people. They treat their sales people like royalty, but they treat their client-site workers like they're worthless, low-quality goods that have been pooped out a factory.

Advice to Management

RESPECT YOUR EMPLOYEES

Ricoh USA2015-06-16