Ricoh USA Field Service Technician Reviews | Glassdoor

Ricoh USA Field Service Technician Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2019

Found 27 reviews

1.8
Ricoh USA CEO Joji Tokunaga (no image)
Joji Tokunaga

"Ricoh = Awesome"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Awesome Company with integrity and honesty

Cons

Frequent micro managing that sometimes makes you feel like a child

Advice to Management

The expectations that you set are changed so often that it is hard to keep up. I understand that the

Ricoh USA2016-01-21

"Decent job, Large Workloads, Terrible Management (depending on area)"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Commack, NY

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

-No manager directly over your shoulder (May call your phone often though) -Some other technicians you will work with often can be helpful and all around pleasant people to work with. - Sometimes nice customers/clients

Cons

- Depending on your area you will drive a lot of miles a day. I myself was pulling 60-100 miles a day sometimes. (not compensated for all of it) - As above, if my first call is 30+ miles from my home, I am expected to be at that call at 8. THEN clock in. Not time for driving (even if fighting traffic for long periods of time) nor mileage. (only getting .15c on the mile) - Manager or Senior technicians will look to... you to handle the BS calls they don't want - You may get thrown into situations where you know NOTHING, and be expected to solve it. Which can sometimes be fun or extremely deflating/frustrating (when clients are giving you the hawk eye and management just wants a technician there to save face, this is bad for business) -DO NOT, under any circumstances tell management or anyone you don't trust that you are unhappy or looking for other opportunities. I myself was professional and courteous with my manager, giving my notice and offering to stay until they find someone new and was fired THAT DAY.

Advice to Management

-Stop treating the technicians like machines -Be more organized when distributing calls (especially when some clients are far more critical than others) -Respect your technicians as people. -When an employee comes to you and tells you they aren't happy, your first response shouldn't be to fire them right away. Had I been manager, I would have the professionalism and courtesy to at least dig deeper and see if... there was anyway I could mend this (especially when the company spends so much money training employees) or even at the least help this person in the direction they may need to go instead.

Ricoh USA2019-08-14

"New Manager is terrible!"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Admin and dispatchers are good and help where they can.

Cons

Hiring decisions, management, no support for employees from HR

Advice to Management

We must have been desperate to hire a new manager, so they hire a reject from another manufacturer. This guy is emotionally unstable, has big time anger issues and is abusive to employees! Spoke to a friend at his last job, he ran off half the staff there. This is an HR nightmare waiting to happen and I will not be forced to work for this type of person. It's a shame, Ricoh used to be a great place to work. Good... luck!

Ricoh USA2019-08-07

"Don't do it!!"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Boston, MA

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good stepping stone, let them pay for your A+, Net+ and alike and than move on!!!

Cons

Treated like a number!! Goals are hard to reach. Was their for better than 35 years. I was hurt, never got a phone to ask if I needed anything.

Advice to Management

More the upper management this is addressed to. The people on the street, the techs and salespeople. With out us, there would be no Ricoh. We could make or break corporate goals. We should be treated better!!

Ricoh USA2019-03-10

"learn a new trade or experience"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

large company, traveling or moving to other available states, great team of employees.

Cons

no company vehicle, long daily hours

Advice to Management

manager did not spend time learning about the team members individually and the customers the team members were in charge of.

Ricoh USA2018-12-29
  6. "GOOD"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Austin, TX

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time

Pros

Ricoh is a good company to work for. They offer good benefits and has a great work environment.

Cons

Needs to improve on providing better yearly raise.

Advice to Management

Provide good career path.

Ricoh USA2018-09-05

"Was a good job for 3 years, 4th year went downhill fast."

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in South Base, GA

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fairly decent job at first. Enjoyed what I was doing as a field service technician.

Cons

Incopetent and negilgent senior leadership. Very ambigius and vague business plan. Poor planning and decision making that caused unrealistic and unabtainable goals and revenue growth.

Ricoh USA2018-07-11

"Gender Discrimination and Torture"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no pros here with current management.

Cons

Low pay. Not enough compensation for driving your own car to client sites. 401K has been stopped and restarted....with a lower amount of company match. Constant restructuring. Constant torture from managers and you are always made to feel like nothing you do is the right thing. When you are up for a promotion as a woman at this company and you ask if there will be a pay raise to go along with it.....your promotion... will suddenly be given to another younger male employee. This employee happens to be one that has made sexual harassment comments to you. The managers will do nothing about it if you complain. They will promote this person and tell you that he is being groomed for leadership right in your face. Then they will proceed to give you a bad review and tell you that you are using too many parts when repairing machines and costing the company too much money. They use inventory variances and parts usage to railroad you out of your job. When I was first hired....I was told that I would be making one dollar amount and then right before the actual hiring took place it was lowered by a dollar an hour. I should have run for the hills then. Now they have me working 4 jobs in one with no extra compensation for them and still trying to pile more jobs on. Take my advise.....especially if you are a woman. Do not work for this company as a technician. There is another female technician that I know of and they sent her in for random drug testing about 6 times in a row looking for something to fire her with. Yet another female tech that was let go was fired over inventory discrepancies which are created by this company's own system which never works properly. They are slowly going out of business and trying to find ways to let employees go .....one by one....so they can get off the hook for paying unemployment. Also they will send you into dangerous areas of town by yourself where God knows what could happen to you. The torture is getting worse and worse lately. They are desperate to get workers to quit it looks like. Management is non existent. They are only there to be pawns to assist with firing employees.....never to help.

Advice to Management

Fire all management in the Houston office and start over. Hire some women service managers.

Ricoh USA2018-08-08
  9. "Too Big"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits , manufactures a great product

Cons

Too Big, you are truly just a number there

Advice to Management

Let the branches have some autonomy

Ricoh USA2018-03-21

"Inept Upper Management"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in West Springfield, MA

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very few pros. Treating employees as human beings definitely on the corporate culture downswing. I left voluntarily because I had a choice.

Cons

Manipulates using numbers, without understanding what they're actually measuring. Numbers encourage falsification to protect management.

Advice to Management

Stop paying lip service to efficiency. Stop hiding behind your laptops.

Ricoh USA2018-02-25