Ricoh USA Sales Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Ricoh USA Sales Executive Reviews

Updated May 22, 2019

Found 23 reviews

3.2
Ricoh USA CEO Joji Tokunaga (no image)
Joji Tokunaga
  1. "RICOH"

Sales Executive in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ricoh USA for more than 10 years

Pros

Great environment, good training, salary + commission

Cons

Commission not as high as competitors

Advice to Management

Increase commisions

Ricoh USA2016-09-13

"Worst company I ever worked with"

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Maitland, FL

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

There really was nothing positive about it.

Cons

Since their services are overpriced, bids are lost to competitors unless you have a manager who knows how to do quotes and discount them from standard pricing. They couldn’t keep managers (since their business model & products are outdated) so new managers hired know nothing about how to price quotes or support their sales team. They will keep managers with huge HR files who create a hostile work environment... for months until the whole team quits or is fired. They will violate all kinds of Equal Opp laws, and will go as far as backdating your termination letter for months to keep from paying your health insurance claims. Then they will lie to the unemployment officials and say you “quit” to keep from paying unemployment benefits. If it serves them to lie, they will. But all that pales in comparison to this: Such a manager was finally terminated but not until she went to the police and told them I stole a company-issued laptop while I was out on a medical leave. Charges were eventually dropped but not until my life was destroyed. I almost died while in police custody. By then I had a good job in another state and didn’t even realize this rogue manager had the police put a warrant out for my arrest. (Months AFTER returning the antiquated laptop to the HQ.) I couldn’t get bail and the experience completely broke me down. I was assaulted and could have been killed by the 30 heroin addicts that surrounded me (who smuggled heroin in DAILY.) Of course this ruined my name professionally and personally too. There is a lawsuit pending so I will have to post updates later. But it will be a miracle if I survive this since I’m now suffering from PTSD. If you’re ever charged with a crime it stays on your record even if dropped, so you will have to explain it to every future employer. How can one move forward after something like this? All I can say is this: If it happened to me, it could happen to others. Does this sound like the kind of company you’d want to work for?

Advice to Management

Quit your job and go to church. Look in the mirror. Ask yourself honestly: How can I right this wrong? Stop lying. Let the company clean out the poor managers before they destroy the company. And don’t pay sales managers $160k. Most of them never even show up at the office, much less actually work or support the team.

Ricoh USA2019-05-22

"Poor management, mediocre opportunity, but big promises in interview"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Maitland, FL

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary + commission Can’t really think of anything else There was one good manager, but all the rest were smart enough to pursue other opportunities

Cons

Commission is only 2% on new copiers. Better to sell used one for 20%. But mgmt wants u to sell new - so u will make them more $. All my colleagues admitted to barely making quota - which means u make $30k - not a penny more

Advice to Management

Dont hire older stodgy types with no tech experience to run a team - especially if they havent worked in 6 yrs. But if you do, you must take responsibility for the havoc they wreak on the lives of your employees, when they create a hostile work environment and run off the whole team. Or calll the police on an employee out on a medical leave and lie, saying “she quit and still has a company issued laptop.” You must... take responsibility for it.

Ricoh USA2018-02-24
  4. "Overall company rating"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Account Executive in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company has good employee benefits at no charge ie. Employee life, ad and d, short and long term disability. Lower cost options for health insurance as well as great potential for earning lots of money.

Cons

The greatest challenge to this position was the prospecting for sales with both current and new customers. Difficult to truly differentiate our products from the competitions product offerings.

Advice to Management

A LOT of help and information on what our products are but not much on how to highlight the benefit to customers. But overall the resources available and management want you to succeed and work with you to accomplish your goals you have set for yourself

Ricoh USA2017-06-24

"Good Company, but hard job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time

Pros

Work/ Life Balance is great. Open door policy. Management seems genuinely concerned.

Cons

Pay is considerably less than what you should be making. Most employees are having financial difficulties. Ricoh prices themselves out of competition often. Too many restrictions on sales reps on what you can sell. Way too many technical issues for a technology company. Selling office equipment to the Small/ Medium/ Very small business market is extremely difficult often times, even if you are saving the... customer money, they usually don't find it a big deal to buy from you unless there is an immediate need. Way too many levels of management, meaning nothing can change quickly. Too many new sales reps.

Ricoh USA2017-02-16

"They hire inept non-tech managers who do anything BUT help you be successful."

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Maitland, FL

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Upper management fails to understand the effect a bad manager can have on a team. Attn should be given to the HIGH TURNOVER problem. If half the team leaves, look at the manager!

Cons

Inept managers, too many meetings. One bad, inept manager should not be allowed to stay long enough to run off an entire team - especially when that team was performing at a high level prior to his/her arrival. Holliday is a LIABILITY and should be terminated before she causes a lawsuit.

Advice to Management

Look at the turnover! Don't hire managers with no tech background; recognize EARLY ON if a manager is an asset or liability - and get rid of them before they run the entire team off!

Ricoh USA2016-12-14
  7. "Sales Executive"

Sales Executive in Fenton, MO

I worked at Ricoh USA for less than a year

Pros

Forward looking company new offices

Cons

still in pilot phase; merging too many disparate job duties

Advice to Management

have a customer support team rather than using sales team as such

Ricoh USA2016-05-31

"A Large Corporation Trying to Change but Hamstrung by Sheer Inertia"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Concord, CA

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's very corporate. Lots of branding, lots of metrics, lots of conference calls. Ricoh makes excellent hardware, but hardware is minimally profitable so it's transitioning to a "services-led" organization. They do a good job serving large customers.

Cons

The company is slow and unresponsive, much of what they sell isn't their own, the metrics include lots of meaningless and incorrect information, and the conference calls are often much more meaningful to the people leading them than the people listening. They don't do a good job of serving small customers, and they don't treat vertical or geographic markets as unique.

Advice to Management

Streamline all the back-end systems, market the company so salespeople don't have to use the hardware as an excuse to try and sell software and services no customer associates with Ricoh.

Ricoh USA2016-05-08

"Services Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time

Pros

Great people sales reps and sales managers.

Cons

Any process involving paperwork takes 4x as long to go through the system. Our competitors use this against us often. Our customers refuse to renew because issue aren't able to get resolved in a timely manner. The order support team is a joke. I'm at a larger corporation and the difference's are night and day.

Advice to Management

Get your order support team on the same page. Practice what you have the reps say to the customers and get rid of the inefficiencies.

Ricoh USA2016-03-14

"Needs to pay more"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Senior Account Executive in Moro, IL

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management is great but there are still major changes going on

Cons

Base pay needs to be more based on all the nitty gritty details needed to finish follow up and processes

Ricoh USA2015-12-11