Ricoh USA Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Ricoh USA Sales Representative Reviews

Updated May 16, 2019

Found 31 reviews

4.2
Ricoh USA CEO Joji Tokunaga (no image)
Joji Tokunaga
  1. "Great Place, work life balance is phenomenal"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Earned time off, they care about you, easy to bonus, make it fun, sales games, etc.

Cons

None at all that I can think of.

Ricoh USA2019-04-18
  2. "STAY AWAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY"

Former Employee - National Sales Representative in Boulder, CO

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None - there is nothing to say about a company that has to continually buy business at the expense of the people that make the company work!

Cons

Bad products Horrible management Continually downsizing

Advice to Management

Quit and replace yourself with Moe, Larry and Curley as those Three Stooges are more professional than any of you!

Ricoh USA2019-05-17

"Hardware and Solutions Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Purchase, NY

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Quality product and solutions Good Training Program

Cons

Frequent management changes Territory assignment shifts Low base pay

Ricoh USA2018-10-03
  4. "Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Job was fun while it lasted. Good money if you make sales too.

Cons

Managers are always busy, they hire idiots, a lot were let go both inside and outside for mysterious reasons.

Ricoh USA2018-04-25

"Ricoh - Fenton, MO Review"

Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent leadership staff! From the CEO to the supervisors, you're in AMAZING hands with everything you could ever possibly experience working in sales/customer service. They don't promote on any bias, seniority, etc like most Fortune companies. They find the people that know there Ricoh and want to make this a life commitment as if they actually own the company. THAT'S the level of leadership this company and... location has. When it comes to insurance and issues with being sick, major surgeries, etc, THIS is the best you got, hands-down! I went through a major surgery that unexpectedly left me out of the office 5 more months longer than I originally thought was needed and they did everything in and above their power to make sure I was taken care of and my job was protected. Our short and long term disability people are excellent as well. Even when there was a problem, they handled it and if they couldn't do anything to help me, they gave me ample time to figure another way to resolve the issue on my end instead of giving up on me which made me feel great. The office environment changed for the better by 100% after I came back from my surgery from a change aspect. Last year we had numerous challenges and not only did they fix them, they upgraded our infrastructure to where we're running on all 25 cylinders instead of 8! I am thoroughly impressed with the changes we made from a technology standpoint, managing our company and our processes, and our overall presence in the field of work that we do. From a viewpoint of constructive criticisms, coaching, feedback, growth, etc, my supervisor couldn't be better at what they do. I have worked with this person practically since the beginning of the department and seen a 360 times 50 for this person's personality, approach, leadership, and everything else. If you make a mistake, you're not treated as a failure at all. You are given the information and tools to make yourself better to avoid those issues going forward. This is where I'll name drop and give absolute brutal honesty of my observations, evaluations, and opinions of these people currently in leadership I directly deal with; Casey Evans (my supervisor) - This man is who I mentioned earlier as being the top dog of leadership. He gives tough love when needed but isn't condescending, unprofessional, or inappropriate in any way shape or form. He LOVES our customers and wants us as a team to express that love through our skills as customer service and sales associates the very best way possible. He went from being an introvert that just put his head down and went to work to being the most impressive change of personality I've seen both personally and professionally in possibly my entire life. We are the top team in the department because of his superb leadership abilities! Jeremy Alexander (Casey's boss. My former supervisor before he finally got promoted) - THIS GUY HERE. What else can there be said but he is the one of the 4 men that built this place from the ground up. He's not part of the Matrix of this place, he's not the Architect, he's the CODE. He is a professional like none other, business acumen un-matchable, and product knowledge is like he invented copiers to begin with. He is one of the nicest, smartest, and most professional people I have EVER met. Personally, this man has helped me overcome all of the worst things that have happened to me over the years like an older brother I never had and I've never that from a leader at ANY job. Derek Reis - The Architect of the department. This man is responsible for us going from a small office in Chesterfield of 24 people (20 employees, 3 managers, and him) to us now being over 250 people including leadership with a new multi-million dollar facility. I have never seen a person be handed such a formidable task of literally reinventing wheel (before us, copier sales was face to face since day 1. Derek Reis and his team of leadership with the company along with who I call the 3 wise men of Ricoh: Matt Potts, Thomas Khuener, and Jeremy Alexander, changed that). He took a gamble of changing the game of copier sales and hit the jackpot with his patience, wisdom, business acumen, and ability to embody the company slogan; "imagine, change". Personally, Derek has helped me grow not only as an employee, but as a man in my ability to be more professional and wise in the workplace. Sam Mohr - She's our new "Captain of the ship" if you will. She, in comparison to her predecessors, is phenomenal! She has a fearless, can't-say-no attitude to making everything and everyone in this place better. Where I've seen her predecessors struggle with growing our company, making it better, etc, she has taken it in stride as if she started this place with Derek. I have absolutely no doubt she will be able to carry us to the next level of Inside Sales for this company. Thomas Kuehner - If you've seen Boiler Room, 2 For the Money, Wall Street, or any of the greatest sales movies of all-time, he's the manager that makes you believe you could sell ketchup Popsicle to a lady in white gloves. He has a tenacity for success and growth in himself and his employees he manages I haven't seen outside of a movie. If you want someone to light a fire under you to make you get up and start moving on your sales but not feel the negative effects of that approach, he's your guy! Tom is simply fantastic. Matt Potts - He was my first supervisor. He had very calm and reserved demeanor about him that could take you out of an anxiety attack about your day and put you in a relaxed state of mind by simply talking to you. For the short time I worked for him before I broke my back and left for 3 months, He was the type of manager that was watching you figure it out instead of telling you how to do it, blaming you for getting things wrong, and then he would jump in and get you back on track if you got lost. He, just like Derek and Jeremy, is very calm and wise. That's why I call Tom, Jeremy, and Matt the 3 wise men and Derek is the Zen Master of this place. In summary, I have been through it all with this company in my 4 years and 4 months working here, from the leadership, to the job, the medical side if you get sidelined with a surgery, amount of support from other departments to support you and the customers not have problems and be happy and successful, I sincerely CHALLENGE you to find a better working environment! This place, Ricoh Inside Sales, is easily the best place to work in St. Louis. Hands down.

Cons

Only con I can think of is what every sales person would say; not every customer buys! Honestly, NO complaints about this place going into year 5. I've been treated with more love, respect, dignity, friendship, and professionalism at this job than any other.

Advice to Management

KEEP GOING! We're doing great and we'll get even better over time!

Ricoh USA2017-10-31

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Incredible access to resources and copious amount of training available.

Cons

Lack of trans formative leaders and thinkers

Advice to Management

Bring some folks with a new perspective

Ricoh USA2017-11-10

"AE1 Account Excecutive, Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Benefits for health care and vacation

Cons

Micro management, very difficult to get things done.

Advice to Management

review your sales processes and get your sales team and order entry team involved.

Ricoh USA2017-04-03
  8. "Unlimited growth depending on market"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love my vertical. A lot of changes since I have started but it seems to be for the better.

Cons

management not strong. Some support areas are also week. A lot of independent work as it relates to prospecting. Sales also have a lot of problem resolution to manage.

Advice to Management

not an attractive position

Ricoh USA2017-03-22
  9. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Plano, TX

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time

Pros

Good product but management are just CWA people that are butt kissers.

Cons

Poor management and the billing system to customer is always off. Sales people have to spend 25% of their time time trying to get it rite.

Advice to Management

Hold billing responsible and do not let sales people being admin.

Ricoh USA2017-02-08
  10. "Challenging but useful experience"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a great first job out of college. Ricoh had an excellent training program that was beneficial for future positions.

Cons

There was an extreme lack of management. The opportunity for growth was slim in such a competitive market.

Advice to Management

Take the time to understand the territory and promote more of a team atmosphere. Selling copiers and IT solutions can be boring at least make it entertaining to go to the office.

Ricoh USA2016-11-01