Ricoh USA Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Ricoh USA Sales Representative Reviews

Updated May 16, 2019

Found 31 reviews

4.2
Ricoh USA CEO Joji Tokunaga (no image)
Joji Tokunaga
  1. "RICOH USA"

Outside Sales Representative in Centennial, CO

I worked at Ricoh USA for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with....Lots of help from software specialists!

Cons

LAY OFFs are never fun....was involved in Layoff (April 2016) ....was handled very professionally and they included a month's severance.

Advice to Management

Upper Management needs to reevaluate Sales Team. LOTS of improvements should be made with company size/accounts/prospects.

Ricoh USA2016-10-10

"Cheap Company and Moronic Management"

Inside Sales Representative in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Ricoh USA

Pros

It is a job while you look for a decent one

Cons

Company is extremely cheap. The pay is poor and they expect a lot of work for not much in return. They are constantly asking employees for money for things like holiday dinners. They are constantly taking and do not reciprocate. The management are not very strategic or smart . The infrastructure is a mess. This is a job for uneducated folks who are mediocre workers and entirely unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Provide top notch pay if you want top notch workers. Too much stick and way way too little carrot.

Ricoh USA2015-11-20
  3. "Great general environment"

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Representative in San Juan, PR

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great growth opportunities friendly company

Cons

high turnover fast paced company

Advice to Management

Dont push too much about reaching quota.

Ricoh USA2015-08-11

"What it's like to work for Ricoh Americas."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Huge family feeling which is unusual in an organization this large. They provide the business tools required to get the job done, whatever the job. They are very deliberate in their thinking and give employees a chance to inject new ideas. They support certifications and additional degrees.

Cons

As with most basic manufacturing organizations they are caught in the middle of a huge rate of change. They make multi function business machines (think copy/print/fax/scan devices). While going 'paperless' will likely never completely occur, the growth in new ways to save, store, share, and access information tells that processing paper, while it may continue to grow slowly, the accelerating pace of change will... continue to shrink the pool of prospects for core machines. Ricoh does have a profound interest, and research effort, working to make their company, and their employees far from redundant.

Advice to Management

Monitor and see what can be done to avoid burning out your most productive employees.

Ricoh USA2015-03-30

"Miss the days when a rep was rewarded for their hardwork."

Inside Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ricoh USA

Pros

The company merged with Ikon and that is when Ricoh dissolved the Inside Sale departments throughout the US to cultivate an Inside Sales dept in MO.

Cons

Comp plan changed and it was alot harder to make the large commissions like back in the glory days.

Advice to Management

It doesnt matter.

Ricoh USA2015-02-18

"Unparalleled Work Environment"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing management from top to bottom. I work in St. Louis and our Inside Sales Team is more of a family than anything. With the outside support from our Senior Sales Manager Michael Lowe, to our Head of Operations Stephanie Pike, we have grown from 12 employees to, what will be by 10-2015, over 100 employees. My supervisors are excellent with their intuitiveness to the business, product history knowledge,... leadership, personal support, and professional advocacy for my future at the company. Since I have been employed by the company in June of 2013, I have turned down multiple job offers for more money and compensation simply due to the atmosphere and both personal and professional aesthetics in my department and the company as a whole. I have worked on over 5 states for more than 10 top 100 Forbes companies of different types and their business models could profit both personally and financially ten fold from how Ricoh does theirs.

Cons

Moving up in my department is a very slow process and that's only because we have been open since 11-2012 and are growing. Therefore, time is what is slowing my progress down due to the legalities and budget based criteria it will allow for my Head Sales Manager to make more opportunities available. Other than that, there are no complaints from me with the company, my pay, my balance, or anything else. I love my job... thoroughly.

Advice to Management

My only criticism would be the speed of exposure to our department. We are excelling at over 2000% of what we were projected to do 2 years ago. We are running out of room! I know a new center is coming but we may need a skyscraper by the time we turn the next decade due to our success.

Ricoh USA2014-09-26

"Inside sales representative"

Former Employee - Inside Sales National Account Representative in Louisville, KY

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong company with good benefits and 401k plan. Great environment to work.

Cons

Communication from corporate level down is lacking.

Advice to Management

Improve on communication

Ricoh USA2014-04-06
  8. "Ok.."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good intro into sales. Work here for a year or so and then move on to something better. A lot of higher paying sales job value cold calling experience. Pretty good products, although they are overpriced.

Cons

Low compensation. Tons of cold calling

Advice to Management

none.

Ricoh USA2014-03-18
  9. "Great Company, may be on the rise"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people to work with, in general management has their act together.

Cons

Company has been going through the process of becoming a services led company and as a result they have been going through way to many changes and layoffs. If you are interested in working for them, I would do it. Just be prepared for constant changes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Ricoh USA2014-03-10
  10. "Great company with wholesome values"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work environment that has wholesome values and morals. Encouraging manager that helps you succeed. People are nice and hardworking.

Cons

Little disorganized and the sales programs need to be changed and updated. Long process to complete a sale and a long wait for commission

Advice to Management

Update your processes to help employees work more efficiently

Ricoh USA2014-02-18