Ricoh "good benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Ricoh Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Oct 23, 2019

Ricoh CEO Joji Tokunaga (no image)
Joji Tokunaga
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper Management is in constant flux the last two years(in 95 reviews)

• "Company wants to be a technology company, but keeps running as a copier company(in 66 reviews)

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Interesting and varied work"

Current Employee - Field Support Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Ricoh full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good variety, good training. In the Columbus OH area, the management is smart and engaged and always supports the team. We are treated like people and not micromanaged or watched to punch a clock - we are trusted to be adults and treated like adults. There is a good sense of teamwork. Good focus on internal promotion and personal development. Very good benefits.

Cons

Pay increases are merit based only, there is no cost of living increase. Work can be physically demanding. Worker's comp partner is difficult and resists paying out for injuries, though that isn't the company's fault. Like most companies, capitalist values and profit focused.

Advice to Management

In the Columbus Area: Keep doing what you're doing. Mid-level management could use more support, their job load is very heavy, but they are absolutely taking great care of us and out customers.

Ricoh2019-07-01

"Good Place to work going through some tough times"

Former Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Ricoh full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Benefits and Good People

Cons

Going through some tough times and layoffs

Ricoh2019-10-23

"Used to be a GREAT company now it's just OK"

Current Employee - Sales in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Ricoh full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I've been with Ricoh for 15 plus years. The culture was great for the first 12 years and you felt like family. Leadership had a good pulse on what was going on and was engaged with employees. Good benefits, flexible work schedule, average pay, incentive trips for top performers.

Cons

Over the last 3 years Executive leadership has no emotional intelligence to what's happening in the field. Quotas are consistently delayed by 3 months or more and are not obtainable, even for consistent top performers. Territory assignments take months to figure out. Commission structure has changed dramatically and it takes months to get paid on deals. Collaboration between departments are very strained. To many... people get paid on deals that they weren't involved in. Culture and company direction has changed dramatically and leadership has made excuses of what's really going on.

Advice to Management

Executive Leadership needs to be more visible in the field and really listen to the folks with boots on the ground. A 60 page compensation plan is extremely difficult to understand and it shouldn't be 3 months delayed at the start of the fiscal year. This has been a consistent problem for the past 3-4 years.

Ricoh2019-08-20

"Excellent"

Current Employee - Senior Documentation Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ricoh full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company provides many good benefits.

Cons

Salary could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

Have more pay increases

Ricoh2019-06-26

"Not Bad But Not Good"

Former Employee - Onsite Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Ricoh full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits. Good online training.

Cons

Too much micromanagement. Not enough pay and over-promising and under-delivering to customer. Too much favortism.

Advice to Management

Live by the standards that are set from the top of the company. Pay people what they are worth. Stop hiring mediocre people and firing good workers. I was a good worker for them and I chose to leave on my own terms after 2 and 1/2 years of service.

Ricoh2019-03-12

"Good company adjusting to major economic pressure and change like most others"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Ricoh full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good culture, good people, good benefits, big on mobile worker/work from home. Leadership does ask for opinions and listens to employees often.

Cons

We try to be everything to everyone, even though we acknowledge that as a problem. We are unknown within the industries and spaces we are trying to sell to. Employees are confused about what we do, and so are our customers most of the time. Marketing; Ricoh's never been very good at that. Constant changes in systems, processes, methodologies, resources, tools, territories over the past 2 years. Oracle CRM is... laughable (switched from Salesforce cloud). Worst short/long decision yet.

Advice to Management

Quit pushing spreadsheets, grab a shovel and get in the trenches. Rarely have I seen our company actually use, leverage, or fully adopt any of the technology we sell, nor the technology we purchase for internal use. We need to utilize technology the way it's meant to be used, so we can reap the benefits. We need a better marketing strategy, and better tools to use as individuals and groups.

Ricoh2019-01-16

"Sr Receptionist/Admin"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Ricoh full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Coworkers are great, client generally treats Ricoh employees as part of the family. Good benefits - (but only if you pay for them). Mostly dealt with pay freezes and lack of employer matching retirement benefits.

Cons

Hourly rate is less than $2 more than when I started 7+ years ago. Only reason I stayed this long other than coworkers is retirement soon!

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your employees like the valuable assets they are. I took great pride in doing more than expected and growing my position but was never rewarded for it in pay.

Ricoh2018-10-31
  8. "GOOD"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Austin, TX

I worked at Ricoh full-time

Pros

Ricoh is a good company to work for. They offer good benefits and has a great work environment.

Cons

Needs to improve on providing better yearly raise.

Advice to Management

Provide good career path.

Ricoh2018-09-05
  9. "Sr. On-Site Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior On-Site Services Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ricoh full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company with good benefits. Opportunities for advancement and the work isn’t hard. If it wasn’t for them I would not have been able to buy my first house, so I’ll always be grateful for that. Overall a good company to work for.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a little difficult to advance or switch positions. For me, personally, I wish the work life balance was a little better. But that is just for my situation as a single mom of a small child with daycares that don’t close as late as needed. I have brought the issue to management, imploring them for just 30 minutes difference in my shift but due to reasons beyond control such as the contract... agreement which details the hours, it can’t be helped. I guess this just goes to the bigger problem in the United States, being that it is not a requirement to ensure happier employees by giving better work hours for working parents. But I digress. In a nutshell, my only complaint is that if I could just get off 10 minutes earlier, I wouldn’t be late picking my child up in this Atlanta traffic every day.

Advice to Management

Better work-life balance.

Ricoh2018-09-01
  10. "Good company"

Current Employee - Web Developer in West Caldwell, NJ

I have been working at Ricoh full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pays well. Good benefits

Cons

Printing industry is hurting

Ricoh2018-08-14