RigUp Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 8, 2018

4.7
Xuan Yong

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best decision for your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at RigUp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at RigUp for close to 3 years now, and this has been the best decision I've made for my career. Every day has new opportunity to develop your skills, take on more responsibility and grow out of your current position. Management and C-level staff allow for a lot of autonomy and encourage making both big and small decisions on your own. Culture encourages taking risks and failing fast. No inflated egos here. Perks and benefits are way beyond startup standards. People here truly are family.

Cons

The growth hasn't happened without growing pains. Trying out new processes regularly and scaling teams can feel chaotic.

Advice to Management

We really have a secret sauce to our team, let's keep getting the right people in and not allow the pressure of scaling quickly to enable hiring mediocracy.

"Fast Paced and Rapid Growth"

Current Employee - Customer Success Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Success Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at RigUp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible upside: high performers advance to new opportunities quickly and the rapid growth means there are consistently opportunities to take on more responsibility and further develop your career.

Diverse team: the company’s mission and offering requires people from myriad of backgrounds work together to solve complex challenges.

Mangers take care of their team and team-members: most everything is a team first, greater good approach but individuals are taken care of. I’ve seen multiple instances where managers went out of the way to help individuals find a role that better fit previous work experience and career goals. So long as you’re contributing and giving your best, managers take notice and help.

Cons

This isn’t a place for mediocrity so take on challenges and add value or move on. Everything moves fast and the responsibility can be overwhelming to some people.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the team forward. Being at RigUp has been a great experience to this point.

3. "Solid Experience and Driven Individuals"

I have been working at RigUp full-time

Pros

I joined RigUp in the early part of 2018. The company has continued to grow extremely fast. The mission here is big as the work you do matters despite the size of the task and challenge. Perks are top notch and comp package is very competitive when your performance exceeds expectations.

Cons

With every fast moving tech company there's constant change and adjustments to further improve. You have got to come into this company with an agile mindset that can adopt to fast paced growth.

"Great Company, Awesome People and Amazing Energy -"

I have been working at RigUp full-time

Pros

Everyone is extremely driven and there is opportunity everywhere to get involved no matter what team you are in.

Cons

Sometimes can be a bit chaotic but that is normal for a startup

5. "#1 Tech Company in Austin"

I have been working at RigUp full-time

Pros

I looked around at various tech companies in Austin before deciding to work at RigUp. What is noticeably impressive about RigUp is that the business is mission driven. There's very little room for distractions when a team is focused on executing its mission and the leadership down to the interns embody this drive. Compensation is very competitive and the culture is drama free. People here are smart team players.

Cons

Office space is getting cramped we should be moving into a newly designed space early next year.

6. "Real Deal Y’all."

Pros

RigUp is the real deal. No bs no hype. If you are looking for a company that shoots you straight and also gives you freedom and tools to go out and do a good job, this is the place to be. Mad props to the entire leadership team from ceo down to my manager. This company is changing an entire industry and we have a rockstar team to go do it. I’m just glad to be apart of this journey.

Cons

Continuous realignment ruffles some feathers but it is for a good purpose and reason.

"Solid Company and Team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at RigUp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RigUp is a special company that is high growth with a relatively young management team. You will find that rare in Austin as most senior folks are older. What they lack in age, they make up for in smarts and grit. I only have positive things to say about their leadership. As an early employee, I have had the opportunity to interact closely with various layers of management. The CEO is both strategic and relentless as he's always thinking 6 steps ahead. The COO is meticulous and challenges assumptions. I believe they've set a tone of a rigorous work ethic, speed and thoughtfulness around making sure the business is always positioned for success. This attitude and culture trickles down to every facet of the company.

Cons

This is a company that is swinging for the fences and it was clear to me that they are building for the long run. You should expect to be stressed out and challenged. I left because of another job opportunity at a larger company with managerial potential that was not available at RigUp at the time. Otherwise I'd still be there.

8. "Responsive and Fast Growing"

I have been working at RigUp full-time

Pros

I'm quite pleased working at RigUp. To say this is just a job would be an understatement. It's challenging, it is rewarding, and my voice is heard. We are collaborators and builders at RigUp. I enjoy the challenges and the team atmosphere here. Employees are treated as real stakeholders in the company and so we aspire to see it succeed. Our CEO started having a quarterly town hall / lunch with employees. I was impressed with his and management's ability to listen intently to our asks and advocate for the appropriate changes within reason. My personal experience is that this is a company where leaders and performers are proactive and take action to do what is best for the company and their teammates. Expectations are undoubtedly high and the team wants to equip you to do your very best.

Cons

RigUp is not without its wrinkles. Despite having a clear vision and goal for the company, from time to time our managers are shifting priorities and adjusting processes in an attempt to accomplish those goals. This should be expected at tech business like RigUp, of course. It does require not only ample communication (which RigUp's managers do a great job at) but also ample emotional and tangible support (which I believe a lot of the managers I interacted with could be more supportive).

"Hands Down; 10 Stars!!!"

Current Employee - Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at RigUp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at RigUp for a few years. I have seen the company go from no revenue to the high growth business that it is today. There's still tremendous growth ahead and the excitement and energy levels are high. This is a fantastic company to work for. We have visionary leaders, excellent teammates, and are treated exceptionally well from pay to benefits. We also work hard and put in 110% to achieve the best outcomes with laser focus on our mission. I'm surrounded by colleagues that want to do well personally and also see the company succeed.

Cons

I have read some of the negative reviews from former employees here. I can refute most of the negative claims. There's career development and growth opportunities available. The pay is more than fair and benefits are awesome. Many of the managers today started as employees or even were once interns. I myself mentor several other employees who are newer at RigUp on an informal basis. It may be hard to prove, but it is possible that the negative reviews are a function of disgruntled employees who were released or fired. The company has adopted a policy of demanding excellence and letting go of employees who can't perform. Perhaps we could do a better job screening for weak links so they don't hire them in our recruiting process. Just my two cents: if you cannot find a way to add value, you probably should not be working here anyway.

"Overall great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at RigUp (More than a year)

Pros

Transparent, open company that really cares about its employees. They've had good benefits and fair compensation for the duration of my employment, but they recently restructured it so that compensation is competitive and benefits are excellent rather than just satisfactory. Really good at allowing employees to have agency and to learn and grow within the company.

Cons

A lot of the employees are very young, including the managers, and many do not have prior experience in management. Some teams are definitely still figuring out how to operate and some managers are still figuring out how to lead, which can be difficult and frustrating for the employees they manage. The company has been taking measures to provide better training and structure for its management though, so I think that this is likely to improve in the future.

Advice to Management

Continue to help develop management talent. Continue to give 110% to your employees and most of them will continue to give 110% in return. Overall great job!