Right At School Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

3.4
Right At School  Mark Rothschild (no image)
Mark Rothschild
Pros
  • "working with kids was super fun(in 10 reviews)

• "Working with children is the best part of the job(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Due to the fact that a majority of the work for onsite staff is part time- it would be great to continue to add incentives(in 10 reviews)

• "Especially in Educators and Coaches, which can feel chaotic(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Loved the team!

Mar 4, 2021 - Program Manager in Barnegat, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The upper management was very supportive and always took the time to listen, guide me, and most importantly care. Our team in Barnegat was more like a family, I always felt supported and I loved that we could turn to each other for anything.

Cons

COVID happened and I could not longer work because my own child went remote only.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

LOVE this Place

May 4, 2021 - Area Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Partnerships, lots of training available, teamwork

Cons

I guess I would say the polo shirts

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Innovative organization with fantastic culture and great learning opportunities

Apr 13, 2021 - N/A
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great/innovative leadership team, plenty of opportunities to take on new projects and discover your business or education passion

Cons

This is a small organization which carries inherent cons but if you are passionate for education or looking for a small innovative organization to launch or deviate your career this is an amazing organization to work for.

4. 3.0

Creative environment

Apr 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

great team members, creative environment, the mission of the organization, and the focus of field/central office team members.

Cons

lack of growth opportunity and pay rate was not the best

5. 1.0

Upper Management is horrible

Apr 8, 2021 - Program Manager in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with the kids is always fun.

Cons

Upper Management needs to communicate clear and effective communication. Learn how to stay consistent. Be fair, rules and regulations is only enforced to certain employees. Favoritism is displayed they only protect who they are friends with. Overrated I can go on.

Right At School Response

Hello, My name is Chris Cavazos with the Human Resources team at RAS. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with RAS as we value each response and use them to understand how we can continue to grow! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with the kids - as our priority is, and always will be, education enrichment! We are saddened to hear about your experience not having effective and consistent communication with your leadership. In addition, we take fairness in the organization very seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience, and make improvements where necessary. Please contact me at chris.cavazos@rightatschool.com so we can review further.

6. 5.0

Great!

Mar 20, 2021 - Program Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was really a nice place to work

Cons

Some of the staff were strung a little too tight

7. 3.0

Cool job duties

Apr 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with kids, flexible schedule

Cons

Management was micromanaging, did not value their employees

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Never a dull moment

Apr 6, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule Ability to work from home

Cons

Lacking in DEI initiatives Lacking opportunities for growth and development

Talent Acquisition Manager

Hello, this is Kristina Rothenberg from the HR team. I loved hearing that our flexible schedule and ability to work from home fits your needs! We try to provide both our field and central office staff the flexibility to find a schedule that works best for them while still meeting the needs of our students and families! I was surprised to hear you found Right At School to be lacking in DEI Initiatives as this has been a core part of company goals over the last year. We have provided trainings on Unconcious Bias and Microaggressions, launched an employee DEI survey to gain a full understanding of our workforce and how we can support them, instituted a DEI Taskforce to lead and hold our company accountable to our DEI goals, and built a fantastic diversity page on our website to highlight all things DEI being done at Right At School. Check it out here! We continue to work on building out paths for development and leadership within every department so I would love to learn more about your specific experience. Please email me at kristina.rothenberg@rightatschool.com so we can chat more!

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Right at School; a great opportunity but make sure the program is secure before going through training.

Jan 11, 2021 - Program Director in Ladera Ranch, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training and resources to help manage and maintain an excellent program.

Cons

Company hired without disclosing there was no enrollment which led to the program being cancelled before we could start. Two months of training and work only to be laid off. :(

Talent Acquisition Manager

Hi, this is Kristina Rothenberg, from the HR team. It was so great to read your review. We are so pleased you believe our training resources helped you manage and maintain excellent programs - that is always our #1 goal! Our Training & Development team continues to work hard to make sure all of our employees feel set up for success on day one! I will let them know of your wonderful feedback! I was sorry to hear that our programs were not able to open. Covid-19 has affected all business so much, and for us, it is extremely rare that we don't have enrollment when we open. We decide how many employees to hire based on an estimated number of students and families who will use our programs, it was incredibly sad to know that we had hired and trained amazing staff that we could not provide hours to. We try to be as transparent as possible in our interviewing and hiring process but I will absolutely provide your feedback to our recruitment team. I want to thank you for your feedback, and please feel free to reach out if you would like to discuss anything further, kristina.rothenberg@rightatschool.com.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good job for college. Not for career.

Nov 16, 2020 - Program Manager in Puyallup, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved connections with many of my coworkers Kids are always a fun bunch to be around Supplies were attainable I loved the schools I was able to build rapport with If you get in good with the area managers you might get promoted to be one of them.

Cons

Often times aides had little to no experience/responsibility Their performance is a direct reflection of you. 15:1 ratio Parents late a lot Some schools had bad experience with other before and after programs and weren’t willing to build relationships anymore. A lot of paperwork a little time unless you can rely on your aides to run things smoothly with little intervention from you. 6 month bonus is small and solely based on a survey parents take and you being able to get them to fill it out. Can be clique-y

Viewing 1 - 10 of 159 Reviews