Right Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Right Management Reviews

Updated March 12, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Working remotely provides a great opportunity to find that sought after work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

• The ability to work from home can be very helpful (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • They rely on project-based staff to basically be available during the course of a full-time workday and backfill what should be (in 9 reviews)

• However, the Career Consultants work on a part-time basis only (in 9 reviews)

"Horrible Management"

Former Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Right Management (More than 5 years)

Pros

Left and saw what a real company is like.

Cons

They sell career consulting services but do not know in the slightest how to treat their employees.

Advice to Management

None, always fell on deaf ears.

"No Integrity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Pros

Mission of outplacement is noble.

Cons

Great Lakes Management lacks the transformational leadership necessary to reduce its over-reliance on outplacement. They exhibit an elementary understanding of basic business principles at best & possess neither the talent nor the discipline to differentiate. Instead, they mistake tactics for strategy & petty tricks for cleverness. Unable to see past their own self-interests to build genuine relationships, they’re incapable of building true client relationships or of creating collaborative partnerships to offset the low barriers to entry in the talent management space.

Advice to Management

The short-sightedness and transactional nature of its tactical leadership lead to extreme micromanagement which suffocates talent. They are either unable or unwilling to practice what they preach – either of which point to an overall lack of integrity.

Right Management Response

Feb 23, 2016 – CEO

As an organization that is driven to provide world class service to our clients and customers, we genuinely value all feedback and welcome the opportunity to learn from the experiences of everyone we ... More

"Talent Management"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Right Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Established consulting organization with highly reputable consultants

Cons

Talent management segment is over shadowed by its outplacement business

Advice to Management

Develop and invest further in the talent management business, create alliances with proprietary talent management solutions providers

"Turning a Corner and Delivering on Our Promise!"

Current Employee - Vice President, Business Development Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Right Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Proactive and authentic leadership; True desire to do the right thing for our clients and for our employees; Proactive approach to employee development.

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to do and sell all the great things that Right Management has to offer.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are...stay the course and the results will CONTINUE proving that we are the very best at what we do because we are committed to the vision you've set forth. I have referred MANY people to work here at ManpowerGroup/Right Management. Additionally, I have referred my own family members to work here...don't know that there is much higher of a complement to pay to a company than that!

Others have said that they are representing Right Management in a sales capacity from here in Milwaukee, WI...but please know that I am THE ONLY Rep here in Milwaukee, WI. This other depiction of my company is simply false, inaccurate and an unethical depiction of what MY company is all about. An attempt to represent oneself as a Rep here in Milwaukee when there is only one, me, is just wrong!

"Not Headed in the Best Direction"

Current Employee - Sales in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Sales in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Right Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The non-management people are for the most part amazing. Lots of great people and hard workers. We take great care of our clients and our candidates.

Cons

Management, leaders and what that culture is turning into. Lots of abuse of power and enablement of bad behavior. Also, no raises or follow through on engagement surveys, limited growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately, it has become clear that Management doesn't listen. They need leaders who do what they're told and fit the mold that Manpower wants or they don't fit in. Hire good HR personal and Operation leaders and follow up on employee harassment complaints.

"Office Administrator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

The work we do at Right Management is very gratifying. The candidates are wonderful to work with, and the staff is very dedicated and hard working. I love working with the team I am assigned to.

Cons

They do not pay a living wage. Many very hard working employees, with long-standing and very good performance ratings, have not been given raises in 5 or more years. Benefits have been sliced to a bare minimum. Promotion potential is low to non-existent, and some adjunct employees who have worked with them for many years have never been hired on a permanent basis. They use part-time and adjunct staff to defray costs and benefits.

Advice to Management

Pay a living wage to employees.

"When a company get taken over"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Right Management (More than 10 years)

Pros

Talented and dedicated people in the beginning

Cons

Manpower purchase made it a bottom line driven company

"Wrong Management"

Former Employee - Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Right Management (More than 8 years)

Pros

The services offered make the world a better place.

Cons

Too cheap to have full time staff. Many 'part-time' positions and worst untrained managers. Need to practice what they preach when it comes to Talent Development and creating a workplace where employees can flourish.

Advice to Management

Invest in the employees and in developing managers as leaders. It is OK to want to be profitable but not at the expense of employees. Provide more opportunity for growth and full time jobs.

10. "Right Management - Good Place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Right Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Commitment to the brand and a profitable shareholder value
    beginning to eat their own dog food
    Driving the staff in positive direction

Cons

Over-worked and under paid
    Sr. management lacks the voice and credibility to report up the corporate parent
    very difficult market competition - not focused on what's best for the industry

Advice to Management

Compensate us fairly and stop making up incentive plans that cannot be tracked/paid. Stop trying to squeeze blood from a turnip and hire some people that can share the load

11. "Senior Leader Coach"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

They do all the marketing. All I have to do is have a meeting with the client so the client can pick a coach out of three coaches that are presented. They pay well for travel and my contract hourly rate is very good. They have very professional resources available and quarterly coaching calls with management.

Cons

Contracts are few and far between. They want coaches to do coaching in person if at all possible. Coaching by phone is frowned upon. I can see the benefits of this but it makes things more inflexible. Clients don't really want to pay to have the coach travel to them so coaches must be selected from the local area. It seems that the company tries to find coaches with work experience in the industry that the client is in. This is nice but unnecessary. A good coach doesn't need to be an engineer to coach engineers. A good coach doesn't need to have work experience in retail to coach a client in the retail industry. That's what a consultant does.

Advice to Management

Loosen up and allow phone coaching once in a while in the interest of the client and the client's busy schedule. Coaching is not consulting and should not be sold as if it's the same thing. Keep your good coaches busy and you won't lose so many of them.