RightNow Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Brian Mosley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work environment is a BLAST (thanks in large part to Andrew (in 5 reviews)

• I love that we get off at noon on Fridays and basically get a 2 1/2 day weekend (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Regimented schedule: (2) 15min breaks, and a 30 minute lunch (in 7 reviews)

• When it comes down to it, you're working sales for a non-profit organization (in 5 reviews)

"Um, Why aren't you working here already?"

Current Employee - Data Entry Coordinator in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Data Entry Coordinator in McKinney, TX

I have been working at RightNow Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friends, I don't know why you wouldn't want to work here! In addition to flexible hours (FRIDAYS ARE GREAT), FAIR compensation, amazing benefits that include a 6% matching program within the 403B (which is like giving yourself a RAISE) we also get the privilege of being led by some of the best christian leaders in the business/ministry world today. Is that an overstatement? NO. Don't believe me? Find out for yourself. As for me, I've worked in "Corporate America" for 20 years and have never felt more valued as I do here at Right Now Media. Being in this environment for over a year now I have observed some season changes within the ministry, some were obviously very difficult and I felt so blessed to watch how the leaders responded, learned, and brought about change during that time. I have never seen humility and strength married so well inside leadership like I did during this time. Also, let's be honest, we simply have a good time! Company picnics, movie Fridays, waffle ball tournaments, mannequin challenges, are kind of the norm around here. I'm probably most impressed with how they invest in our spiritual growth. Right Now Media provides many opportunities for it's team members to participate in small and large studies (ON COMPANY TIME). In addition, Right Now also invests in their employees' marriages by contributing funds to marriage retreats and classes. They really want us to WIN, professionally and personally. I can't even list everything they offer us, it's just too much. They will literally have to drag me out of here one day.

Cons

I was disappointed that I was not personally consulted when choosing the dates for the company picnic because it fell in the middle of my Whole30 and I couldn't eat tacos and peanut butter Popsicles. I hold a lot of resentment about this. Also, during Bible Study Fridays, sometimes I wanted sausage biscuits instead of chicken minis. Perhaps these are things they can work on in the future to get 6 stars from me instead of 5. :)

Advice to Management

Seriously, please keep doing what you are doing. You have created an organization that is not only serving the kingdom in a real tangible way, but you are equipping your team with all the tools they need to succeed. WELL DONE.

2. "False expectations/ great coworkers"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in McKinney, TX

I have been working at RightNow Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Right Now account. Cool coworkers. Half day on Friday. They made lunch longer too. Overall mission of the ministry is good. The management cares. Chill environment.

Cons

This is a hard job. So many cold calls and not everyone you talk to is nice on the phone. Really have to push through every hour. There is also no way to guess how a week will go with so much riding on the DMs.
    If you can sit down all day and talk to people than this will be worth looking into. If you need more movement and variety think about it.

Advice to Management

I think we need to be given more variety in how we do our job.

"Stuck In The Middle On A Recommendation"

Current Employee - Coordinator
    Current Employee - Coordinator

I have been working at RightNow Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of benefits to working at RightNow Media.
    You can make great relationships with coworkers.
    Real relaxed work environment where you play games, where food is provided often and the coffee/sodas are free.
    You can/get to have great conversations with churches and feel like you’re making an impact.
    Leaving at 12:00 on Fridays is good.
    Out of office activities are always a lot of fun.
    Very understanding if you’re sick, have an emergency or need to leave early.

Cons

There are a lot of cons to working at RightNow Media as well.
    It’s a call center making 250 cold calls a day to many of the same people that have already told you to stop calling.
    Leadership definitely has their “favorites”. If you are one of the favorites then you’re in. If not, it becomes much harder to get noticed.
    You are promised the possibility of moving up but there’s nowhere to go.
    Music being played in the office. During the interview you know music is being played but not until you start working do you realize the music is often inappropriate or has choice words. This is a ministry..There are several stories of people not able to close a sale because the Pastor hears what music is being played in the background.
    And yes, working until 12:00 on Friday is awesome but working 9 and a 1/2 hour work days Tuesday - Thursday are awful.

"Been here nearly a year, keeps getting better."

I have been working at RightNow Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Run by people who care about their employees.
    Constantly working to improve methods and policies.
    Small company feels like family.

Cons

Entry level position can be a grind.
    Energetic environment can be great, but not ideal for everyone.
    Lots of changes can make it feel unstable, even though the changes are good.

Advice to Management

Keep going in this direction, it's making a huge difference!

"Fantastic Working Environment"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator

I have been working at RightNow Media (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful, godly people, competitive pay, clear expectations of your job. Leadership--from the top down-- comes across as truly caring about the people working for them. When you get to talk to customers who are interested in the product, it is a real pleasure. Speaking with churches all over the country is sometimes lots of fun.

Cons

It's just a very hard job, being a coordinator. It's emotionally draining, especially when you come across a potential customer who wants to vent their anger at our call center's way of doing business. We are a call center, so it's kind of like a sweat shop atmosphere at times (though much more positive than that implies) -- we have to make a certain amount of productivity and it's stressful when the calls aren't positive for you.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a good job of keeping the mood positive. I guess my only suggestion would be along the lines of coaching. When you're doing well you don't really hear much from them. When you're not doing well you are in fear of losing your job. Coaching should possibly be more consistent--there would always be ways to tweak your presentation, for example. If you put yourself in the managers' position, however, this is not an easy request.

"Ready to not be at RNM"

I have been working at RightNow Media full-time

Pros

Made some great relationships, getting to work for a mission worth working for is always a plus. The culture is generally loose-ish on the sales floor.

Cons

While being interviewed, the fact that you'll be working in a call center was dressed up real pretty, almost to a point of deception. I was also promised a move into a marketing role while being interviewed, and I now bring it up and it's as if that never happened. Ideas/our two cents are usually not taken seriously by our coaches. Dangling the carrot of a promotion in front of us and not following through is normal. One coach also goes behind some coordinators backs while they are struggling, telling others that now is the time to separate themselves from the struggling person. Coaches play favorites with enforcing rules on the sales floor. Just in general, lots of stupid games and general not empowering their people from the coaches. They give you pointers on selling RightNow Media, but don't empower people to use their skills, passions, and talents for the betterment of the organization. Lots us experience and skills lay dormant on the sales floor that could be helping RNM. The mantra of "serve the church" also seems very fake when way too many churches we call are sick of us calling them non stop even after they ask us to stop ... multiple times ... for years on end.

Advice to Management

Put good leaders into leadership positions, not just people who are good RightNow Media salespeople. It feels like the leaders in the sales department are not the best communicators, coaches, or "empower-ers."

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in McKinney, TX

I have been working at RightNow Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership. Solid team. Family first mentality. Overall good pay and benefits. Ministry and people minded. Fun and enthusiastic work environment.

Cons

I really can't think of any.

"Sales Coordinator"

Pros

This is a great opportunity to work with a passionate core team. Supportive environment for inside experience.

Cons

Creativity input is not advised until success is found in the script.

Advice to Management

Keep growing with sales plan! Thank you for the experience.

"Joke of a "ministry" workplace"

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in McKinney, TX

I worked at RightNow Media (Less than a year)

Pros

free subscription to RighNow Media content

Cons

VERY little pay, "whip you into shape" supervisors, 200+ cold calls per day

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a decent wage, don't make them clock out for their 30 minute lunch, give them more than two very strict 15 minute breaks in a 9 hour workday, actually act like the "ministry" that you call yourself instead of driving your employees into the ground by telling them to "crush those phone calls," "serve the church" and "hit those dialers people!"

"RightNow Media: Sales coordinator"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator
    Current Employee - Sales Coordinator

I have been working at RightNow Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay that rewards performance
    Caring leadership
    Good hours
    Ability to advance
    You can leave work at work

Cons

Slow seasons
    Can be a tough job

Advice to Management

Many people complain about this job on here. In reality, you will make as much money as you are good at the job. If you are not good at the job and are not teachable you will not enjoy it. However, the people are really great here and make it a great place to work. I have been here for over a year and have never had to worry about my management not caring for me or not doing well enough to make money. Throughout the year I have been here I have seen management consistently take steps to make working for RightNow Media a better experience. If you come here and work hard you will be rewarded and if you stay long enough I believe you will see management working on your behalf to make it an even better place to work.

Biggest advice to people coming in is don't lie to yourself in the interview. Really think about whether or not you could, or would want to, do this job. Don't talk yourself into it.