RightNow Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

RightNow Technologies Reviews

Updated February 7, 2017

Full-time Part-time

1. "expanded my skillset"

Current Employee - Development in Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Development in Bozeman, MT

Pros

good work life balance, don't need to work 100 hours per week.
    management is not complete royalty.
    Feel like my contributions matter.

Cons

more metrics used to determine performance, amount of bureaucracy has expanded as the company has expanded.
    software projects are on time which is an exception to most software projects.

Advice to Management

buy something nice will all the stock options you got from the oracle acquisition.
    curious to know what happens after the merger.

2. "It's a fabulous place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Pros

Can really make a difference

Cons

tough competitive marketplace with huge competitors

3. "Had higher expectations than what is now realized"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Bozeman, MT

Pros

Great product, people, and 'potential' with a growing company

Cons

Sub-standard pay and higher than normal employee churn

Advice to Management

Rethink compensation strategies with global market in mind (Developers can work from Bozeman for firms anywhere in the world). RNT needs to be more competitive with other markets.

5. "Great people, product and direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Pros

The company hires the absolute best talent on the market. I have read reviews by some that interpret this as arrogance but, in today's economy, every hire-opportunity has to be strategic. I appreciate a company that takes the talent-recruitement process seriously.

Cons

There is a tremendous amount of training available for our product-set. I appreciate that the company will be lending more focus to management, communication and soft-skill training in the coming year to compliment the product training focus that exists today.

Advice to Management

Management tiers may be getting too "deep". Considering flattening some organizations so top-brass is able to stay closer to the work/client-level relationships.

6. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Sales in Bozeman, MT
    Former Employee - Sales in Bozeman, MT

Pros

Compensation. happy customers and good location.

Cons

Hard to ramp up. Not much good training. Old timers have big edge.

Advice to Management

Care more about employees. Be more aggressive in marketplace. Don't be so selfish.

"Decent place to work"

Former Employee - Software Developer II in Bozeman, MT
    Former Employee - Software Developer II in Bozeman, MT

Pros

Many lead developers and managers have been promoted from within, they know the code base inside and out.
    Nice work environment
    Good benefits
    Tend to keep up with the latest technology

Cons

Many lead developers and managers have been promoted from within, they have very little/poor management skills.
    Many leads and managers are very buddy/buddy, it leads to a culture where you can't complain to upper management because they are personal friends with the management between yourself and them self.

Advice to Management

Encourage middle management to keep personal and business relationships separate. Executive level management encourages an open door policy, but in reality this doesn't work due to the relationships between middle managers.

8. "Wish they'd teach me..."

Current Employee - Intern in Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Intern in Bozeman, MT

Pros

I directly work with some good people. Overall the company is great to work for, though I've only been there a short time. Opportunity to learn, if you are lucky enough to get it.

Cons

As an intern, I should be learning more then I am. Seems that they are wanting me to learn though "osmosis".

Advice to Management

As an intern, I would like to actually learn the procedures. A lot of the time it seems that I am wasting time, both yours and mine.

9. "Well..."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bozeman, MT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bozeman, MT

Pros

It is a good place to work as the work environment is pretty easy and flexible. Good growth potential and good places to work.

Cons

Over all work was fine, but it is tough at times when you have to meet the dead lines. You

Advice to Management

10. "Flexible Corporate Environment"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Bozeman, MT

Pros

RightNow employees practice trust as an efficiency measure and it works. There are few barriers to getting your job done. Innovation is encouraged. And the best thing about RightNow is how flexible they are about time - PTO is reasonable, but more importantly, hours are flexible for people with children, pets, volunteer commitments, etc.

Cons

You need to be extremely ambitious to get ahead - but that cultivates an environment of excellence. No real complaints. The best people at RightNow are at the top or on their way there - where they should be.

Advice to Management

The only advice I can think of is to work harder to align the reality of the corporate culture with the list of RightNow's "values". Often I don't feel we are "living" all of these values. We live by "Rid the World", but I think we forget the more specific values.

"It could be good, but not so much!"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

Pros

In theory a good company with a good product.

Cons

- All Senior Management are "Yes men/women" to CEO
    - If you aren't in Bozeman and aren't favored by management, you might as well leave
    - Favoritism is very apparent in the Sales organization

Advice to Management

CEO needs to step down, he doesn't believe in marketing and has no idea how to grow the company to the next level.