Rimkus Consulting Group Forensic Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Rimkus Consulting Group Forensic Engineer Reviews

Updated Feb 3, 2014

2.7
Rimkus Consulting Group CEO Robert P. Kocher  (no image)
Robert P. Kocher
  1. "Review of Rimkus Consulting"

Forensic Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rimkus Consulting Group

Pros

Great working atmosphere, helpful coworkers, very good bosses to work with, they are informative, helpful and understanding.

Cons

I believe I was pigeonholed into certain typesof assignments, although I proved in later jobs that I could expand beyond these areas and take on a greater variety of assignments than I was offered at Rimkus. As a result, when the market demand for the areas in which I worked dropped significantly, I was simply let go for lack of available work.

Advice to Management

Please take a look at all youe employees can do, there may well be alternatives to the types of assignments they have 'always been doing'. Give them a chance ti diversify, especially if economic conditions demand it.

Rimkus Consulting Group2010-06-24

"Head Down and Nose to the Grindstone"

Former Employee - Forensic Engineer

I worked at Rimkus Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really good place to learn, train and hone your skills for future employment or even your own future startup. Alternately, it's a stable company and if stability is what you want and you're able to adapt to the culture, this could be a good fit for you. This place produces much of its own completion, many of whom turn out to be some of the best competitors in the industry.

Cons

As an engineer or technical expert, your role is clear: work hard, bill as much as possible, and recognize you were hired to work for and not improve the company. Marketing and management appear to be self-elevated and appear to have either systematically or coincidentally maneuvered most upward mobility and opportunity to contribute to the company's growth from the desks of the engineers and technical experts. ... It appears that only if an engineer or technical expert ascends into office or division management will they ever go anywhere other than the lower, wide and flat area of the org chart. If the engineer does ascend into management, they then incur two fulltime jobs: management and continuing to bill as an engineer. Tough on a family man or woman. I have personally received negative feedback from plenty of people in the industry. While I used to mention my prior employment there positively to prospective clients, I have ceased this exercise as I think it may do more harm than good.

Advice to Management

Consult with a top-tier business growth strategist / consulting firm. Management and business structure could use a complete overhaul IF growth is desired. If status quo is fine, then keep on keeping on.

Rimkus Consulting Group2014-02-03