Rimkus Consulting Group Principal Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Rimkus Consulting Group Principal Consultant Reviews

Updated Mar 15, 2017

4.6
Rimkus Consulting Group CEO Robert P. Kocher  (no image)
Robert P. Kocher

"Principal Consultant"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Rimkus Consulting Group part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Rimkus is a rainmaker - so if you're a technician, its a great place for you. They bring you the work, and it can be as much as you can handle, and you do it. That's important because some consulting groups expect you to get your own clients. The only responsibility you have is to understand what the client needs, and formulate an investigation plan to answer their questions. Not every assignment, but certainly... most, have specific circumstances that keep you motivated. With this diversity, Rimkus presents a terrific opportunity to learn. Their management and your associates have tremendous experience to guide you, and they know the forensic market. This is important when you grow into legal work and you have the opportunity to tell insurance adjusters, attorneys and jurors what YOU think. For certain, the magic of Rimkus is the people. On another subject, once you've matured to work independently,Rimkus may allow you to work remotely. This flexibility may also apply to work hours, all you have to do is service your clients. Your only limitation is you. Grow to wherever you want. Like most consulting firms, Rimkus wants you to bill 32 hrs a week, but they gave me 3 months to get there. I was lucky and would up on a construction site watching forensic demolition and my numbers came easy. You'll be lucky too, its just the kind of place it is. The 32 is not a big deal.

Cons

I was asked for a 'con,' so I'll conjure up one: You have to understand that Rimkus is going to teach you the forensic business, which means there's no reason why you cant leave them and open your own business, especially if you too are a rain maker. So expect them to require you sign some restrictive separation agreements. Rimkus's contribution to the 401k plan wasn't generous. But I guess they figured they... gave you the cash so you could decide on how you wanted to spend it.

Advice to Management

OK, you asked. How about sending retirees the yearly gift card on their wedding anniversaries? Just kidding. Maybe a Christmas card?

Rimkus Consulting Group2017-02-21

"Semi-Retired Principal Consutant"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting Group part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Many good and smart technical people. Company is very fair with employees. Above average compensation/benefits and excellent mileage reimbursement. Billable goal of 80% is standard with the engineering consulting industry (I have worked for five companies and it was all the same). Other operational goals are also achievable. Can often work at home. Gives the technical employees many opportunities to succeed. Overall..., a good company to work for: fair and flexible.

Cons

Individual managers can be difficult, which is understandable in a multiple office company. Accounting department was dismal, but understand change is in the wind. High turnover in admin people.

Advice to Management

Get accounting dept in shape to help rather than hinder employees. Think about higher admin wages; you expect a lot from them and higher salaries keep good people.

Rimkus Consulting Group2017-02-13
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Leading Forensic Engineering"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in South Florida, FL

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Challenging assignments, opportunities for further learning, flexible hours (huge benefit), good people to work with, fair pay, what more could you ask for..... Well managed and management is actively seeking growth opportunities.

Cons

Administrative duties can eat into productive billing time.

Advice to Management

Simplify and integrate our reporting requirements.

Rimkus Consulting Group2017-03-16