Rimkus Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
S Frank Culberson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people, flexible hours, interesting work, close to home, no travel (in 5 reviews)

• Excellent pay and benefits, something different everyday, flexible to work on reports at home (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No training on areas outside your expertise (in 3 reviews)

• Self serving upper management who make decisions based upon what's in it for them (in 3 reviews)

1. "Loved it so much I came back!"

Current Employee - Corporate Regional Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Regional Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very collaborative atmosphere within our teams, whether corporate or engineering. Open door policy on questions with specialists in every field to answer them. Enjoy the camaraderie and the fast pace. A company of people that still knows how to have fun while getting it all done.

Cons

No company is perfect, even though I gave 5 stars. However, management works hard to address employee concerns as they arise. If you do not enjoy hard work, this is not the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Let's ensure that we are flexible enough and have the right programs in place to entice someone from any generation to come and join our great team!

2. "Great company to work for!!"

Former Employee - Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Rimkus Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Rimkus is a wonderful company that I loved working for! They truely care about their employees and families! They expect superb work, which says a lot about their values and their clients! Your opportunity to grow and learn is endless at Rimkus! They want their employees knowledgeable and will do everything to make that happen! If you are looking for a well rounded, fun, and caring company to work for, Rimkus is the place for you!!

Cons

I really do not have any cons as I did not encounter any problems at Rimkus.

Apr 19, 2017 – VP, Human Resources

Thank you for your positive comments. We agree that Rimkus is a great place to work and a company that cares about our employees and their families!

3. "Leading Forensic Engineering"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in South Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in South Florida, FL

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Challenging assignments, opportunities for further learning, flexible hours (huge benefit), good people to work with, fair pay, what more could you ask for.....
    Well managed and management is actively seeking growth opportunities.

Cons

Administrative duties can eat into productive billing time.

Advice to Management

Simplify and integrate our reporting requirements.

"Semi-Retired Principal Consutant"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Many good and smart technical people. Company is very fair with employees. Above average compensation/benefits and excellent mileage reimbursement. Billable goal of 80% is standard with the engineering consulting industry (I have worked for five companies and it was all the same). Other operational goals are also achievable. Can often work at home. Gives the technical employees many opportunities to succeed. Overall, a good company to work for: fair and flexible.

Cons

Individual managers can be difficult, which is understandable in a multiple office company. Accounting department was dismal, but understand change is in the wind. High turnover in admin people.

Advice to Management

Get accounting dept in shape to help rather than hinder employees. Think about higher admin wages; you expect a lot from them and higher salaries keep good people.

5. "Cultivates a Culture of Excellence"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent Pay. Vast opportunity for growth. Approachable Management. Strong team culture. Recognizes the contributions of their employees and awards them accordingly. Tremendous amount of flexibility allowing for work/life balance. Most importantly this company encourages its staff to continue to learn so that we foster a team of only the best. Upper management actually takes the time to listen to the concerns of all level of employees and acts accordingly. I have been with the company for nearly 10yrs and have transferred between offices with ease due to family circumstances as well as for promotional opportunity.

Cons

Sometimes there can be a very heavy workload placing high demand on your time. Need more "on the job" training for new employees prior to assigning them their own workload.

Advice to Management

Promote more consistency in operations throughout offices.

6. "District Manager"

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great work/life balance, upper management understands you have a personal life, support provided as needed, people expect you to be a professional adult, awesome flexibility, great career advancement

Cons

changes occurring in accounting are making great improvements, lack of communication between consultants and management can cause strife

Advice to Management

continue open door policy, continue to be open to innovation and ideas

"Principal Consultant"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Rimkus Consulting part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Rimkus is a rainmaker - so if you're a technician, its a great place for you. They bring you the work, and it can be as much as you can handle, and you do it. That's important because some consulting groups expect you to get your own clients. The only responsibility you have is to understand what the client needs, and formulate an investigation plan to answer their questions. Not every assignment, but certainly most, have specific circumstances that keep you motivated. With this diversity, Rimkus presents a terrific opportunity to learn. Their management and your associates have tremendous experience to guide you, and they know the forensic market. This is important when you grow into legal work and you have the opportunity to tell insurance adjusters, attorneys and jurors what YOU think. For certain, the magic of Rimkus is the people.

On another subject, once you've matured to work independently,Rimkus may allow you to work remotely. This flexibility may also apply to work hours, all you have to do is service your clients. Your only limitation is you. Grow to wherever you want.

Like most consulting firms, Rimkus wants you to bill 32 hrs a week, but they gave me 3 months to get there. I was lucky and would up on a construction site watching forensic demolition and my numbers came easy. You'll be lucky too, its just the kind of place it is. The 32 is not a big deal.

Cons

I was asked for a 'con,' so I'll conjure up one: You have to understand that Rimkus is going to teach you the forensic business, which means there's no reason why you cant leave them and open your own business, especially if you too are a rain maker. So expect them to require you sign some restrictive separation agreements.

Rimkus's contribution to the 401k plan wasn't generous. But I guess they figured they gave you the cash so you could decide on how you wanted to spend it.

Advice to Management

OK, you asked. How about sending retirees the yearly gift card on their wedding anniversaries? Just kidding. Maybe a Christmas card?

Apr 19, 2017 – VP, Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback! Rimkus offers a dynamic and flexible work environment, which provides employees with control over their schedules and presents diverse and varied work projects. Many of our... More

"New to Forensics"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rimkus has provided me a great transition from the design based work of my previous position to the forensic driven assignments I now do on a daily basis. They have provided me with a wide variety of technical support and have provided me with a strong group of contacts within the company to reach out to for advice or assistance in my new line of work.

Rimkus has placed a value on me as an engineer and has invested months of time in preparing me to be successful rather than just throwing me out to produce immediate billable numbers.

The other engineers I have shadowed or been paired with for reviews have been extremely helpful and professional. My co-workers and superiors regularly stop what they are working on to help me understand a concept better or provide advice to me when I am stuck.

The attitude here is very relaxed and flexible. I am able to make my own hours to whatever works best for me and I am able to work from home when that best suits me. The balance between time on the road doing inspections and in the office breaks the monotony experienced in other engineering fields.

Cons

Long work days due to extended travel is always a possibility. Some assignments require you make personal sacrifices to get them done.
    Some assignments require getting dirty or performing physical work. (something I personally enjoy, but some would not)

Advice to Management

Continue to place value on the engineers and their development. Maintain the helpful attitude that I have seen throughout the company.

"Engaging Work"

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Flexible Work Environment
    - Ability to Build Your Own Business and Clients
    - Strong Leadership & Vision
    - Interesting & Engaging Work

Cons

- Different procedures for technical divisions

Advice to Management

Continue to unify the vision, culture and procedures to achieve our long term goals!

Apr 19, 2017 – VP, Human Resources

Thanks for the kind words! Developing synergy among our staff, improving internal operations, and continually striving to be the best in the industry is at the heart of everything we do at Rimkus.

"Vice President"

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Diverse, exciting work. Autonomy. Excellent work-life balance for those who excel. Work-family culture that transcends the office. A truly great company to invest yourself in.

Cons

High expectation of employees to communicate with our clients and to 'do what they say they'll do'. This can be a tall order for some technical people. But if you can deliver, I find no cons here.

Advice to Management

Bring consistency to the company culture across the board.