Rinchem Reviews | Glassdoor

Chuck Breinholt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "NA"

I have been working at Rinchem full-time

Pros

Great place to learn and grow

Cons

Work life balance is not a priority.

2. "Warehouse Supervisor"

I have been working at Rinchem full-time

Pros

Busy, good team to work with

Cons

Micromanagement, expected to always work

Advice to Management

Hire more people to help workflow and work life balance

Jun 27, 2017 – Organizational Development Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoy working with your team. As we continue to grow, we continue to monitor and assess our hiring needs.

The company believes and encourages... More

3. "Solid Company with great potential facing growing pains"

Pros

Friendly workplace, nice office, good office perks with quarterly bonuses, profitable company, great market growth potential, smart employee base, culture shift focus towards OpEx and innovation

Cons

Too many competing priorities, issues identified but not fixed, employee development programs lack interpersonal growth focus (coaching / mentoring), inconsistency in leadership communication vs. action taken, culture shifts slower for company size

Advice to Management

Lead by example. Continue to invest in your people in a meaningful way - offer more robust interpersonal and professional development programs that consider individual contributor feedback to rate effectiveness. Stay focused.

Jun 7, 2017 – Organizational Development Partner

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad you enjoy the environment and perks. We agree that employee development is important and we are actively working on more development programs for all... More

4. "Good Company To Advance With"

I have been working at Rinchem full-time

Pros

There are Global Opportunities If You Are Mobile

Cons

Opportunities Require You To Move.

Advice to Management

Invest in long term employees

5. "wish I had a dime"

Former Employee - IS Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - IS Analyst in San Jose, CA

I worked at Rinchem full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great atmosphere

Cons

bad decision makers over the pile of manure

Advice to Management

numbers isn't everything people's lives matter

"Poor Morals"

Pros

Good place to start a career

Cons

Leaving Rinchem has been one of the best decisions I could make in my career thus far. Through this decision, I was able to move on to a company with much better morals and regard for the law. There are good jobs for a young and immature career. However, you can quickly get pigeon holed if you are not careful and stick to a plan for growth. You can also pick up bad habits that are not typical of how other companies do business. I was able to obtain experience up to a point, but the opportunity for personal and professional advancement is just not there. The business is simple and Chuck cannot stick to a plan for long. The simplicity of the business makes it tough to challenge yourself with new goals and objectives. Additionally, there is also a good chance that you can face or witness acts of discrimination and/or favoritism due to family and religious status. The company is much different than it was when the Moore’s ran it. Unfortunately, Bill Moore (the CEO) has lost his grip on reality, and Chuck (president) has lost his humbleness as he has taken over the company. This company will go through painful growing pains over the next few years. Acts of disregard and poor treatment of employees will keep a turn style atmosphere until Chuck Breinholt grows up and stops acting like a child when he does not get his way. People are afraid. More than ever, top management needs to stop creating a hostile environment for employees. Do yourself a favor and move on to other opportunities. There is far too much drama at Rinchem, and there are better companies with better morals out there. This is not the old Rinchem.

Advice to Management

Clean house and start over. Choose more experienced and educated people for top management positions. Also, add some diversity to top management. Your true colors show when everyone is white in a dominantly Hispanic community.

7. "Manager (CGL Transport LLC)"

Former Employee - Transportation Fleet Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Transportation Fleet Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Rinchem full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing company. This company has worked its way into a very difficult niche and made a name for itself such that major players in the semiconductor industry turn to Rinchem for their logistic needs. This makes working there really enjoyable because right away most clients have a great respect for the company, so you by default feel respected. The company is in that sweet spot for size, where it is still small enough that you work closely to executives and have your own ideas heard. On the other hand, the company is large enough and constantly expanding that there is room for growth and promotion. This company rewards people who acknowledge and admit mistakes (self-report) in order to learn from the errors and grow and improve.

Cons

The incentive structures can make each CSC compete with other CSC's. This happens because of a directive given by executives that each CSC manager is "the CEO of their own CSC". This is intended to tell the manager to run the CSC as if it is their own business -- telling them that they have the freedom to run it as they see fit. This by itself is one of the great things about Rinchem -- you really do get to be a large part of the success and direction of the company. However, that directive causes competition between CSC's, because they are to run their own CSC as its own company, so you can see where competition can come into play.

One negative I heard a lot while working there was "nepotism". This is a family run business; which is amazing considering its size, but it is still a family run business. However, I have to say that the people who have complained about nepotism are wrong. It is like when you buy a new car and suddenly you see that car everywhere. People know it is a family run business and see family members working there and all they can see is nepotism. I think someone could easily argue that there were times reverse nepotism happened. There were times that a family member should have been promoted because they were the best person for the role, but they were passed over seemingly to avoid the perception of nepotism.

Advice to Management

Build stronger inter-CSC relationships, and create incentives that encourage managers to see that helping another CSC helps their own CSC. Also, for company parties and banquets, spend money to fly in a few NON-MANAGEMENT staff personnel from each CSC.

Jan 19, 2017 – Organizational Development Partner

Thank you for the review. Rinchem is a family-run company and we work hard to recognize talent throughout the organization. We appreciate your feedback about building stronger relationships among... More

8. "Great Place"

Pros

Fun place to work to start

Cons

none to report at this time

Dec 19, 2016 – Organizational Development Partner

Thank you for your comment. We are glad you enjoyed your time with the company. Happy Holidays!

"Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Rinchem (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits. Good work life balance.

Cons

The company does not keep top performers. Lay offs.

"Good place to start"

I have been working at Rinchem full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rinchem offers higher than average wages. You have vacation and benefits from day one. Really good training program for new hires.

Cons

Upper management has lost its way in respect to retaining and promoting its talent. They would rather take someone off the street with no company knowledge or industry experience,then to promote genuine internal talent.

HR is non existing. Multiple employees can go to them over and over again with the same problem and nothing is ever done to correct the problem.

Advice to Management

Focus on internal employee growth and get the directors out to their facilities more often.