Rincon Research Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Rincon Research Corporation CEO Steve Ziehmer
Steve Ziehmer
  1. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rincon Research Corporation full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Generous company, great benefits, smart people, interesting projects.

Cons

People can get spread thin across multiple projects. IT dept needs to learn to work with engineers and not against them (as it seems at times).

2. Great Place to Learn

Current Employee - Scientist/Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rincon Research Corporation full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

A lot of expertise available, a great place to learn nearly any topic in digital communications.

Cons

If you don't fit in with certain social circles you can be somewhat ignored by management.

Advice to Management

More transparency about the future.

3. Senior Member of Technical Staff II

Former Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff II in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Rincon Research Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Smart people * Amazing technology

Cons

* People can be jerks a LOT * Good ol' boys club * BoD is killing the company by trying to maintain power

Advice to Management

Let the votes actually mean something instead of allowing the BoD to maintain its own power and push out new ideas and the leaders that the employees actually want.

4. Research Engineer

Former Employee - Research Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Rincon Research Corporation full-time

Pros

The people there are great and you get to work on exciting projects. The setup up of the project allows you to take a big part in them from start to finish.

Cons

The weather was not great in Tucson, but I enjoyed everything else.

• Fantastic Place to Work

Current Employee - Engineer/Scientist II in Tucson, AZ

Pros

There are so many pros to working at Rincon, its hard to keep track of all of them. Here are a few that come to mind first though: - interesting projects to work on - competitive salaries - excellent benefits (especially medical) - fairly flexible schedule - very competent coworkers

Cons

Honestly can't really think of any

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Rarefied Air

Current Employee - Advanced Engineer/Scientist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rincon Research Corporation full-time

Pros

It's a challenge to accurately relate just how incredibly intelligent, competent, task-oriented, organized, and mature these folks are compared to 20 years of various experiences elsewhere. The company reputation is well-deserved. Employee-owned company environment matters, in a good way. Correspondingly good pay and excellent benefits. Projects are real, and often real-time. Loyal and supportive customers. ...

Cons

Some may not "get" the extremely flat organization and lack of excessive titles. May be why some have uncertainty about career paths. Some may be challenged by the interview process; you will be asked very specific technical questions! Tucson has "reverse winter".

Advice to Management

Keep the quality. Maximize and emphasize opportunities and resources for personal growth for all.

• Great Company

Former Employee - Intern in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Rincon Research Corporation

Pros

The philosophy behind rincon is to let smart people be smart. This can lead to a "push you off a cliff and expect you to fly" moment, but they won't hold you back. From what I hear, the benefits are awesome, overall there is a friendly, cooperative atmosphere. No dress code.

Cons

Tucson is really hot in the summer, so if the heat bothers you, that could be a problem. Management stays out of your way, sometimes to the point that they don't communicate project objectives very clearly. No dress code.

Advice to Management

(For the internship program) Sometimes project objectives can be a bit unclear, which can lead the interns down a rabbit hole. The project assigned to us was a bit out of our depth.

• Would Recommend!

I worked at Rincon Research Corporation

Pros

Friendly work environment Great compensation Really cares about their employees

Cons

Lots of meetings Not too much else was big in my mind. It would have been nice to have had more company get-togethers, but I probably wasnt there long enough to get a good feel of the culture.

• Great Job, independent problem solving

Current Employee - Scientist/Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rincon Research Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rincon Research has so far been an excellent place to work. All my coworkers have been great people. I have interesting work to do, and enough time to be creative.

Cons

At times, I feel like I could be more productive with a bit more guidance from management. Though there are benefits of independence.

A Company Dedicated to Its Employees

Current Employee - Advanced Engineer in Tucson, AZ

Pros

The best thing about Rincon is its loyalty to its employees. Rincon doesn't go through the big-company, contract-based hires and layoffs. There are plenty of technical challenges to go around and lots of smart people to learn from. The benefits are great, including healthcare, dental, 401k, ESOP, PPTO, Holidays, etc. (As an explanation of another comment), when New Years is on a weekend, you get a floating holiday...

Cons

There could be better structure in management, but there's always a tradeoff. I prefer technically-savvy management over management who knows nothing about what I do, even if the management isn't perfect.

Found 22 reviews