Rincon Research Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rincon Research Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Generous company, great benefits, smart people, interesting projects.

Cons

People can get spread thin across multiple projects. IT dept needs to learn to work with engineers and not against them (as it seems at times).

2. "Research Engineer"

Former Employee - Research Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Research Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Rincon Research Corporation full-time

Pros

The people there are great and you get to work on exciting projects. The setup up of the project allows you to take a big part in them from start to finish.

Cons

The weather was not great in Tucson, but I enjoyed everything else.

3. "Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Engineer/Scientist II in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Engineer/Scientist II in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rincon Research Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are so many pros to working at Rincon, its hard to keep track of all of them. Here are a few that come to mind first though:
    - interesting projects to work on
    - competitive salaries
    - excellent benefits (especially medical)
    - fairly flexible schedule
    - very competent coworkers

Cons

Honestly can't really think of any

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Rarefied Air"

Current Employee - Advanced Engineer/Scientist in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Advanced Engineer/Scientist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rincon Research Corporation full-time

Pros

It's a challenge to accurately relate just how incredibly intelligent, competent, task-oriented, organized, and mature these folks are compared to 20 years of various experiences elsewhere. The company reputation is well-deserved.

Employee-owned company environment matters, in a good way. Correspondingly good pay and excellent benefits.

Projects are real, and often real-time. Loyal and supportive customers.

Excellent processes and support team, especially considering security hurdles related to a lot of the work.

Right now, three main locations to choose from: Tucson, Denver, and Chantilly.

Company is very healthy with a great backlog, and many new exciting things in the pipeline.

Meritocratic. Anyone who can step up to the plate is given responsibility, including younger engineers.

Tucson has "reverse winter".

Cons

Some may not "get" the extremely flat organization and lack of excessive titles. May be why some have uncertainty about career paths.

Some may be challenged by the interview process; you will be asked very specific technical questions!

Tucson has "reverse winter".

Advice to Management

Keep the quality. Maximize and emphasize opportunities and resources for personal growth for all.

5. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Intern in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Intern in Tucson, AZ

Pros

The philosophy behind rincon is to let smart people be smart. This can lead to a "push you off a cliff and expect you to fly" moment, but they won't hold you back. From what I hear, the benefits are awesome, overall there is a friendly, cooperative atmosphere. No dress code.

Cons

Tucson is really hot in the summer, so if the heat bothers you, that could be a problem. Management stays out of your way, sometimes to the point that they don't communicate project objectives very clearly. No dress code.

Advice to Management

(For the internship program) Sometimes project objectives can be a bit unclear, which can lead the interns down a rabbit hole. The project assigned to us was a bit out of our depth.

6. "Would Recommend!"

Pros

Friendly work environment
    Great compensation
    Really cares about their employees

Cons

Lots of meetings
    Not too much else was big in my mind. It would have been nice to have had more company get-togethers, but I probably wasnt there long enough to get a good feel of the culture.

7. "Great Job, independent problem solving"

Current Employee - Scientist/Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Scientist/Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rincon Research Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rincon Research has so far been an excellent place to work. All my coworkers have been great people. I have interesting work to do, and enough time to be creative.

Cons

At times, I feel like I could be more productive with a bit more guidance from management. Though there are benefits of independence.

"A Company Dedicated to Its Employees"

Current Employee - Advanced Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Advanced Engineer in Tucson, AZ

Pros

The best thing about Rincon is its loyalty to its employees. Rincon doesn't go through the big-company, contract-based hires and layoffs.

There are plenty of technical challenges to go around and lots of smart people to learn from.

The benefits are great, including healthcare, dental, 401k, ESOP, PPTO, Holidays, etc. (As an explanation of another comment), when New Years is on a weekend, you get a floating holiday to use at your discretion. There are flexible work hours and no use-it-or-lose it compensatory time or PPTO. Comp time accrues immediately, not after eight hours over time.

Cons

There could be better structure in management, but there's always a tradeoff. I prefer technically-savvy management over management who knows nothing about what I do, even if the management isn't perfect.

"Internship"

Current Employee - Intern in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Intern in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Friendly co-workers
    Excellent mentors.
    An environment built for learning
    Provides a broad overview of what it's like to be an engineer
    Encourages a creative atmosphere

Cons

The work is very independent and an intern must be able to find work if there are no active assignments. The plus side is that this does give the intern the ability to get creative and find ways to improve existing processes within the company.

"Fantastic Benefits - Intelligent Team - Great Future"

Pros

* Highly-motivated, hard-working, intelligent coworkers - challenges me to do my best and learn from the best every day
    * Awesome benefits - think free insurance(!); Retirement plans - 401k and ESOP; Paid time off; Holidays paid - week off between Christmas and New Year's
    * Competitive wages
    * Small company - Employee-Owned - not a lot of red tape to get thru
    * Opportunity for advancement

Cons

* Not many documented processes (this can be seen as a 'Pro' to a lot) - small company
    * Lack of dress code (again could be seen as positive) creates a somewhat less than professional feel at times

Advice to Management

:) Keep it up!