KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Riot Games Country Manager Reviews

Updated Mar 18, 2021

Found 6 of over 771 reviews

5.0
Riot Games CEO Nicolo  Laurent (no image)
Nicolo Laurent
1 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Riot Games and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Still best job I've ever had

Mar 18, 2021 - Country Manager in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting people to work with Great locations Great games Great pay

Cons

Work - life balance Work intensity

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Building the great team in Moscow office of Riot Games

Dec 28, 2015 - Country Manager in Moscow
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Riot has really unique culture of hiring and keeping great talented people who are humble, smart, passionate for games and for gamers community. Literally all the people who interviewed me on the position were smarter then myself. That is how I understood I can learn here a lot. + Highest level of autonomy in strategy, execution, decision making. Focus on building the team of great professionals first rather then bringing the immediate results. I see how getting great culturally aligned people together builds the trust and high level of results. + Interesting and inspiring projects to run. Local team has initiated and executed Guilds Program, University Battles, DJ Sona Tour and other initiatives unique both for gaming industry in CIS and for global Riot. + Company is not KPI driven, it takes effectiveness measured in visible impact higher then efficiency measured in KPIs. So KPIs are used as real indicators, not a targets. + Great office, benefits, and perks from the company. International conferences, personal trainings, sea shore team travels, local team events, working from home on demand, etc - pretty cool package.

Cons

- Some perception of relaxed environment in Riot Games may be misleading for new candidates. Riot slogans "we are not a family, we are sports team" and "slow to hire, fast to fire" sometimes are unexpected, so now we try to manage expectations in advance. - While the company is growing some processes are just setting up. For some members it is not comfortable that many decisions are based on good judgement more then on structured procedures.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pros

- Culture & Values: is a company run by gamers and we base every decision thinking "what I would want from a company in this case?" - Passion: again, being gamers is almost everybody's dream to work for a gaming company. But also everyone is passionate about their area of expertise. - Empowerment: you are encouraged to do what you think is good for the players. No long approval process, no useless discussion... No HQ vs local office... we are raw in the same direction. - Learning & Development: you don't get to where Riot is today without great people. Every day I learn something new from them! - Working on the best game in the world: this is probably bias because I've been playing / loving LOL since Season 1 but helping Riot making LOL even better is a honour for me. - Opportunities: I started in the EU office and for personal reason I couldn't work there any more and I was offered the opportunity to work in the Australian office. - Perks: Don't want to list them all but some of the cool one are: game allowance, breakfast and lunches, flexible hours and very competitive salaries.

Cons

Nothing I can think of, as said, I feel like I'm still in my honeymoon phase.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Over four years and still in love with the company as if it was the first day

Nov 19, 2015 - Country Manager in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Autonomy (in a local office I've never experienced something like this) - Empowerment (to work on the things we believe are the most important for our players - Riot has still tons of potential to grow - If you are driven, smart, and you rock, there are tons of career opportunities in Riot worldwide - Amazing office in Sydney but also great offices all around the world - So much talent and passionate people to work with

Cons

- There is always more work to be done than people doing it (not sure it is a cons) - Australia is far away. Communication is more challenging with other offices

5. 5.0

Best Company I've ever worked

Oct 31, 2013 - Country Manager in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

My name is Mirko Gozzo and I work in the Sydney office of Riot games. Before Sydney, Riot gave me the opportunity to work for the European Office and in the Santa Monica Office. I've been in Riot for a total of 2 and a half years. I know that most of the review on Glassdoor are positive and I'm aware that not everyone can be as engaged in the workplace but there is a difference between not being engaged and lying. I've just read couple of reviews from ex-employee and I decided to post mine because it hurts me reading untrue things about the company I work for and I love. The company is great, period. The list of pro is nowhere close to the list of things that can be improved. - The culture is great. I know that every company has a mission statement, some closer or less to the reality of things but in Riot we live by our mission statement and we embrace our manifesto. For example one of the value closer to me is "player experience first" and "Take play seriously". The big majority of us are gamers. This means that not only we love League of Legends and we like play together but also that we feel the pain of our players when something goes wrong. - There are plenty of opportunities to grow in so many directions (horizontally, vertically and internationally) and I'm the living example. - The senior management is very open, transparent, available and above all "gamers like us". They have clear goals, they are so good in communicating them and they continue to improve the way they deliver and work together to define these goals. - The organisation is very flat. Very little bureaucracy, processes and approvals. You do what you think is best for our players. Most of the time you do that, sometimes you don't. When you don't you learn and try again. - It's the first company where "HQ" acknowledged they cannot be the expert in every region because each country is so different from North America. They hires talent and expert in key markets and trusts the local offices to do what's best for the game and players. - The company cares about your significant other which makes things so much easier for us as well. My wife for example is not a gamer and she didn't really understand why "I wanted" to stay late at work to finish projects for our players (btw, nobody forces you nor nobody makes you feel bad if you leave at 6). Riot organise events for significant others and rioters. She was so astonished about the people she met and the passion we put into League of Legends that she now totally gets it (also we are not divorcing nor in any kind of crisis... we still love each other, and our son, very much) - It's true, Riot doesn't mess around. You are either a high performer & culture fit or you will not succeed in Riot. I consider this a pro. - Salaries are very competitive - Perks are awesome.

Cons

Recruiting and onboarding process could be improved even more. I know we cannot have 100% success rate in hiring but when we do mistakes, we pay it and the negative reviews I've read, kind of prove this. I wish there was an office in Italy so I could go back home.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company for people that are inspired to make a difference to gamers

Apr 30, 2016 - Country Manager in Taipei
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture & people. Never boring. Constantly taking on new and interesting challenges

Cons

Extremely picky about "fit".

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews