Rise Technical Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Ben McCarthy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"My time at Rise"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

I worked at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rise is a great place to work with lots of opportunity to develop. Throughout my two years working with Rise I earnt decent bonus, got promoted & met amazing people along the way. The training methods used is an excellent way to help understand the sales process and I felt I had a lot of support from senior staff throughout my journey at Rise, especially as I started as a Trainee. I loved the fact that progression was completely down to you and how hard you worked rather than waiting in line for the next job to come up! Socially it’s excellent, especially for a new trainee, I felt really welcomed into the business as everyone would make an effort to go for a drink with you and introduce theirselves. Definitely recommend Rise!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep providing support where needed as I felt that really helped me

"Principal Consultant"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, money, environment, atmosphere, training

Cons

none that I can think of!

"Wolf of Wall Street meets The Cult"

I worked at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were some genuine people in the business whilst I worked at Rise but I see that most of them have now moved on to start their own business or to find a job where they're valued as an individual and not baited if you don't fit into the Owner's 'one-size fits all' glove!

4-years ago, the starting salary of £16K wasn't that bad but I see that hasn't grown for a Trainee whilst the cost of living has soared over this period.

Commission structure was achievable and if your idea of a good time is to ponce around high brow restaurants and the races like Leo Dicaprio in WoWS - this place would suit you well.

Extremely goal driven - which is very important in this Industry - but if your goals aren't tied to materialistic things then you're in trouble. The goal must align with the owners' ideals, not yours - keep your dreams to yourself and BAHHH with the rest of the company...

Cons

Don't believe that the company genuinely wants YOU to succeed, it's all about them. If they get a sniff that you're not dedicated to the cult-like culture for the-rest-of-your-living-life, they'll go to extremes to try to scare you into submission. From an owner of a business, you don't really expect to be told "What else are you going to do with your life? You're too old to get a job in the degree you studied and you don't have rich parents to pay for you to go to Law School" - WOW, apparently this was the best it would ever get - it wasn't!

If you see through BS, are proud of who you are and your background, have ethics and know your own mind - this place isn't for you!

I write this review now to add some honesty to the sheer number of positive fake reviews. Joining the wrong culture for your first Recruitment job can have a serious effect on your confidence - choose wisely...

Advice to Management

None, the unethical and cult-like culture comes from the top and is too inherently deep here, you can see it from the high turnover - to them, you ARE replaceable.

If you look closely, for every negative review given, a new positive review appears just a few days later to counteract - it's easily spotted by the repetitive use "none that I can think of!" under 'Cons'.

Advice to Marketing - come up with more slogans for the fake reviews as the same five words each time is giving the game away!

"Dont work here unless you want to be part of a lad culture fuelled company"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England (UK)

I worked at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can earn a high salary in recruitment with no prior experience, but this is true of any recruitment job not just at Rise

If you thrive in a lad culture environment then you will probably do well here

It's in the city centre

Fairy easy recruitment process, as long as you say you are resilient and good at building relationships and you come across confident then they will probably give you a try

Cons

You are expected to come in early and stay late and end up doing 11 hour days for a basic salary of 16K

The job itself is extremely repetitive and boring - 99% of the time you are cold calling people from a list, although this is obviously true of any trainee recruitment role, I'm just not sure how clear its made during the interview process

Any behaviour that doesn't align with how they want you to be is belittled and people are often picked on and humiliated in front of the everyone else for things like what they wear/their haircut/what bag they have

Made to wear fancy dress for the whole day if you are late

There are no ethics when it comes to dealing with candidates. All the focus is on the clients and while this is important for business it means that candidates are totally put by the wayside and often there is no time in the day to even let someone know they didnt get a job because you are expected to be on the phone selling again as soon as possible

Advice to Management

Stop turning a blind eye to the bullying that is happening in some of the teams, especially towards newer employees

Don't hire people who are likely to get bored by the repetitive nature of cold calling, they will end up leaving and both parties lose

5. "Great Place To Work"

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time

Pros

Progression, Culture, Earning Potential, Incentives, Management

Cons

Cant think of any at all!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stapleton, South West England, England (UK)

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Career Progression, Training and Opportunity

Cons

there are none, will reward motivated people

"The best recruitment environment to work in!"

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time

Pros

*Amazing progression opportunities that are available to everyone
    *Great training program, not just thrown in at the deep end
    *A growing company that has still maintained a great company culture

Cons

No cons at the moment

"Great Recruitment company"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great Commission
    - Great Training Schemes
    - Unlimited Progression
    - Nice Office
    - No politics

Cons

No cons that I've encountered yet

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time

Pros

Fantastic opportunities for training, progression and earnings. Great place to work with a group of like minded people

Cons

None at all, fantastic company

Advice to Management

Keep doing what they’re doing

"Not another fake review"

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time

Pros

Colleagues are friendly when 1 to 1.

Cons

Cult like
    Not well paid
    Long contracted hours with expectation to work beyond that.
    Contracted start time in morning and after lunch is wrong as you get told off for arriving at that time.
    Doubling in size every year is not a realistic business goal, also doubling is 100% increase not 200%.

Advice to Management

Stop encouraging/forcing employees to write ridiculous reviews with 'no cons to think of' or posting them yourselves and actually work on the factors that result in a frankly ridiculous headcount which I'd estimate to be at least 10% of employees per year.