Rise n' Shine Foundation Reviews | Glassdoor

Rise n' Shine Foundation Reviews

2.9
CEO

1. "My experience here at Rise n' Shine has been fantastic because we are able to make a difference and help children."

Current Employee - Executive Associate Director - Fundraising and Public Education in Seattle, WA

Pros

We are a non profit where the money and support REALLY goes to the kids! That's what it is ALL about. We help children affected by HIV/AIDS through support groups, matching them with mentors, running a week long summer camp that is free for every kid and we make sure every kid gets holiday needs met. Pretty amazing! All with a fleet of energetic and caring volunteers.

Cons

We are small and growing. I wish we were bigger so we could help more children. We are building up our board of directors and our Advisory Council. We always need more volunteers to help mentor the kids. We always are looking for new fundraising opportunities although we have some amazing events throughout the year.

Advice to Management

We need to be open minded about change coming our way as we grow which is hard for everyone to understand, whether on staff, a volunteer or a donor supporting Rise n' Shine.

2. "Grill cook"

Former Employee - Experienced Line Cook/Sou in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Experienced Line Cook/Sou in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Rise n' Shine Foundation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great chef tons of knowledge
    kitchen get 12% house tips on cc
    excellent food for breakfast

Cons

Unorganized Management
    Family owned and operated
    No benefits
    Poor communication between foh and boh

Advice to Management

Not likely owner brings in outside sources to fill management requirements

3. "A good place to start"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Competitive pay, really nice coworkers, opportunities to meet and connect with many important people in the community, a feeling that you're really doing something good in the world

Cons

horrible communication between staff about important issues and changes, too many decisions make based on politics, a sense of superiority over other NPOs

Advice to Management

Be open with all of your employees and communicate the same information with everyone! People don't like to feel left out!