RiseSmart Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 10, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There are no cons that I can think of (in 14 reviews)

• No benefits and clients not guaranteed, client ratings can impact whether you get new clients (in 3 reviews)

"Great Company, Great People, Great Mission"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Team in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Team in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great leadership team
    Great culture
    Strong mission for company - helping people find jobs
    Growing company creating opportunities for new roles, personal development
    Fun

Cons

No significant Cons. Leadership expects high quality results and is very focused on execution - which can be challenging at time, but also rewarding

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"The work load is inconsistent"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RiseSmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I set my own hours and schedule clients when it's convenient for me and get to tell them how many hours per week I'd like to work. They recently added a lot of high quality materials that we distribute to the clients. The work is meaningful and I do feel like I make a difference by helping clients find new jobs. The training is improving and there are a lot of resources and people to go to if I have difficult cases. I like that it is all about providing top notch customer service.

Cons

The CEO comes across as phony and insincere. He talks about how great we are as employees, but that doesn't translate to raises, PTO, or any benefits for part-timers (newsflash - a 401K with no company match is not really a benefit). They love to talk about how they win all these great place to work awards, yet they never ask the virtual employees to participate in the surveys. I guess it's different if you work on-site and FT.

Advice to Management

A bad economy translates to as many hours as we want, but in an improving economy, it makes no sense to hire new people while your current employees are begging for more hours. Put your money where your mouth is. If you love us so much, show, don't just tell. Benefits, paid holidays/vacation/sick days, and a contract outlining your review and raise policy would be nice. Also, when you hire people - tell them it's contracted through an outside agency and educate the hiring manager as to the (lack of ) benefits so they can talk intelligently about benefits rather than saying "oh, HR will explain that after you're onboarded"

"RiseSmart=Meaningful work, Opportunity to make a valuable and visible contribution, Great people"

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RiseSmart attracts amazing employees. They work hard and have passion for what they do. There is a sense of cohesion and collaboration throughout the company. You can feel good about working for RiseSmart, knowing you are contributing to the development and delivery of products and solutions that support people in career transition. The company is growing and you can feel the excitement about the bright future that exists here.

Cons

RiseSamrt is an early stage company and you need to be willing and ready to roll up your sleeves at all levels. Not really a "con" for those of us who work here, but for those considering working at RiseSmart, you need to understand we are all in this together and we do what needs to be done daily, whether it is in your job description of not.

Advice to Management

Work to be as transparent as possible and stay employee focused.

4. "Thriving, innovative company with an amazing culture"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

RiseSmart recognizes the importance of employee engagement. The level of enthusiasm and dedication radiates from all employees, which in turn contributes to the performance of the company. They have built an amazing culture of unity within the organization, which seems to have a huge impact on employee output. Work-life balance is great! This company is growing very quickly so it provides a variety of work everyday.

Cons

I do not have any cons to report at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing job!

"Great environment, awesome people, just wish it lasted longer than it did"

Former Employee - Marketing Operations & Analytics in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Operations & Analytics in San Jose, CA

I worked at RiseSmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great idea for a product...allowing users to truly customize their job search.
    Happy Hours are the Best
    Sanjay always has your back and his honesty is what I remember.

Cons

Small Startup, money gets tight quick...but not much you can do about that.

Advice to Management

Keep a good thing going!!!

"Great company with opportunity to grow!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at RiseSmart part-time

Pros

Great atmosphere with employees who are driven to be successful.

Cons

None really, a bit of shuffling around as company expands and grows from being a startup

"Rewarding Work, Smart People"

Current Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RiseSmart is a great company to work for- particularly in sales. The company sells a product that will help change people's lives- it is a no brainer! The leadership appreciates efforts, coaches appropriately, and expects the best from employees. The company is growing and changing and there are (and will continue to be) many opportunities to be successful.

Cons

If you are not prepared to work hard and take accountability for your work, this isn't the place for you! This isn't a 'con' (as any hard worker knows) but be prepared to give 150% and work SMART! As with any startup, it is important to reach goals or reevaluate them as conditions change. If you don't do that proactively, as a result you may not be successful.

"Ugly"

Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at RiseSmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you worked here for 3 months you were lucky...

Cons

....on the 4th month, if you didn't sell OP services to a F100 company with tons of bookings, you're gone!

If you're in sales, be prepared to destroy any relationship and credibility you had with your contacts-- this company only cares about your list of contacts.

Good luck explaining this debacle on your resume to your next employer!

Advice to Management

Sell the company or get out of the "helping people" business if you can't help your own employees. Place is fools' gold for employees and customers-- don't pretend otherwise.

"RiseSmart is a company that truly cares"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a transition specialist, I love that RiseSmart has a model that allows the focus to be where it belongs: What's best for this specific client and their very individual needs. The working environment is supportive, upbeat, innovative and team oriented. It's a pleasure to work here and even more importantly, it's an organization that I'm proud to represent.

Cons

There are really no 'cons' to talk about because this is a company that addresses issues so promptly! It's really been amazing to me how open to feedback and quick to improve the entire company is.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fabulous work!

10. "Best place to work!"

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great and fun team! You work hard and play hard. Lots of fun in company. The bosses are really good at motivate employees. They really took time to hire right person who fit in the company culture. It's a great place to work. The best among all companies I had worked for. People are very professional here. Not much office politics.

Cons

No job is a easy job. You have to work very hard in this company. Fully dedicate to the job, your hard work will be noticed.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the good work. The more communication will be good. Keep people in loop what's going on with the company. What employees can help to make the company better.