Found 678 of over 719 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Risk Management Solutions? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Risk Management Solutions employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and highly motivated" (in 75 reviews)
- "Good Work life balance: If you want to enjoy and be in your comfort zone this is your organisation." (in 57 reviews)
- "Good place to work and some perk benefits" (in 25 reviews)
- "friendly colleagues" (in 20 reviews)
- "life balance, good culture" (in 16 reviews)
- "poor management and heavy politics" (in 44 reviews)
- "Low salary Some people at higher designations are quite toxic" (in 20 reviews)
- "Compensation and senior management problematic" (in 18 reviews)
- "Managers bad mouth about others and only talk bad about others an try to show that they are the only people who work and rest just come to office for time pass." (in 17 reviews)
- "Poor leadership, lack of values and very disorganized." (in 14 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Risk Management Solutions and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 4.0Sep 16, 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsNewark, CA
People here are amazing -- really smart, and can help you learn and grow into your role.
Previously was chaotic leadership changes. The microsoft people have got it under control now!
- 3.0Aug 16, 2023Product ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNewark, CA
RMS is a great company for gaining experience with RMS CAT models. Many brokers and insurers rely on their numbers, making it a valuable opportunity in this respect. There isn’t much competition so job security is okay in that regard.
RMS can be a challenging place to work. There's a lot of politics, unclear roadmaps, and constantly changing priorities. Projects can be abruptly shifted or forgotten, causing frustration. The work environment is stressful and everyone seems unhappy. Older staff tend to stay on for years while younger staff leave quickly to seek better opportunities. The bonuses and appraisals are disappointing. HR support and general organization are lacking. Consistency is a major issue within the company and departments. Based on my experience, I wouldn't recommend RMS to anyone.1
- 2.0Feb 13, 2023AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Depending on your team, your mileage may vary, but for young professionals you'll likely have many cool, motivated, and competent peers who are positive people to have in your life. Entry level roles are a good introduction into the property insurance industry's catastrophe space.
You hear rumblings of dissatisfaction within multiple arms of the business unit, and the company is rife with gossip. As for the Customer Success unit (ask if that's where you'll be if you're interviewing): -Compensation is well below what you can earn elsewhere. Benefits are fairly good. You will never be able to negotiate compensation or raises after your initial hire. -The organization is extremely political. Egos and feelings are hyper-managed, and getting "collected" by a mentor with pull is arguably more important than core competencies. -Internal transfers are handled in a rather shady fashion. Do not plan on being able to easily move to a different role that suits your long term interests. Multiple colleagues were either stymied entirely or strung along for years. -If you studied a natural science, it is unlikely that you will actually get to do direct work pertaining to your field of study. If you have a masters in meteorology/seismology and wish to do more hands-on work, look elsewhere.1
- 5.0Feb 12, 2023Data AnalystFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Good support and learning opportunities for new employees
Last interview was 5,5-6 hours long (with a break). But it’s a good structure for those who’d rather take one day off for an interview
- 1.0Apr 3, 2023Software Engineering LeadFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Jose, CA
Great turnaround under new CEO 2018 to 2022 then acquired by Moodys….
and boom! Moodys systematically destroyed every dept esp tech led ones.
Risk Management Solutions Reviews FAQs
Risk Management Solutions has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 719 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Risk Management Solutions to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
70% of Risk Management Solutions employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Risk Management Solutions 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.