Risk Management Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Risk Management Solutions Chief Executive Officer Hemant Shah
Hemant Shah

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people, decent salaries, amazing work life balance (in 37 reviews)

• The company is filled with smart people who know both the product and the customers extremely well (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is pretty bad (in 8 reviews)

• Large iniative to roll out new flagship product RMS One, bombed in Apri 2014 (in 12 reviews)

"The Interview Process was pleasant and seamless!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Pros

Extremely talented and excellent Engineers and Developers! Highly cutting-edge, innovative, state of the art development taking place here! RMS is No. 1 in their space and no one touches them or comes close which is impressive!

Cons

There needs to be more communication on the deliverables and not so much redundancy on what the staff is working on in the Development and Engineering Dept. I also wish there was a Peet's or Starbucks on the campus or very close to the building.

"Its a great company, especially if you want to learn about hurricanes, EQs, tornadoes, terrorism, diseases...."

Current Employee - CAT Risk Analyst in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - CAT Risk Analyst in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time

Pros

*A fantastic graduate training program that can really kick-start your career
    *Offices all over the world
    *Coworkers with very diverse backgrounds and interests
    *We are releasing a new product soon and the company is really growing
    *People listen to your ideas

Cons

* I haven't had a chance to go to the Bermuda office yet
    * Newark is a quiet area (but Palo Alto is very close)

3. "Great place to work if you are smart and creative."

Current Employee - Client Development in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Client Development in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is moving its technology and clients from legacy system to the cloud. Lots of opportunities for smart and creative people. Unlike other places that I have worked, it feels like the entire organization is well aligned and pulling in the same direction.

Cons

Change is hard, and not everyone will feel comfortable.

Advice to Management

Continue, and ideally increase the frequency of communication, and share the great stories coming from our customers to ensure everyone feels like they are part of the success.

4. "New Employee Review"

Current Employee - Administrative in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a lot of incentive for employees; it is a very exciting time to be working for RMS, although it's been in business for over 20 years, it has the feel of a brand new company, as it continues to grow and expand.

Cons

It is sink or swim, you either come with the ability to learn and quickly or you will find yourself pretty much lost.

Advice to Management

Managers need to be proactive as far as making sure the employees are well aware of their role and resposibilities.

5. "Incredible place to work"

Current Employee - Communications in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Communications in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture- smart and nice people. Well managed. Outstanding facilities and equipment. True work life balance.

Cons

none so far- unique in Silicon Valley

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Balanced work and life career here"

Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work proactively in a laid-back environment, free lunch at least once a week, free gym with many different classes, pool table and ping-pang table in the game room, business trips in a perfect percentage

Cons

No extra money for working in extra time, too many acronyms for people who just joined

"I love my job!"

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

RMS give me tons of atonomy
    We are clearly aligned as a company
    Lots of support from upper management to be innovative and to take calculated risks
    Subject matter experts are valued
    Co-workers are friendly and I have great work/life balance
    Managers are accessible even the CEO

Cons

We are building out an entirely new cutting edge platform that will change they way we/industry do business. Change is always hard. We have a complex product that takes a while to get your head around.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with the employee base and continue to celebrate wins

"A place to be an individual and make your mark"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the most intelligent people I've ever worked with but also grounded, down to earth and humble. There is a great deal of information sharing.

I have the ability to try new things, and even with the risk of failure be supported by my team and upper management. (Yet to hear the words "We did that once and it didn't work!")

Because of our company size, the teams are smaller and people have the opportunity to really shine. This is not the place to work if you want to hide and aren't ready to "roll up your sleeves". Everyone has responsiblity and opportunity.

Cons

Majority of senior leadership is located in California and though they do travel extensively, their time in the remote offices is limited.

Advice to Management

Be more visible. We see a lot of Hemant but the other leaders tend to focus on their direct reports. Would love to understand what each leader brings to the table and the overall vision of the company.

"Some growing pains, but huge opportunities ahead"

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time

Pros

Number 1 in the industry. Small company that is doing some big-company things. Great upcoming release that could really change the industry. Passionate CEO. Continually changing and evolving.

Cons

Some growing pains with promoting technical people into managerial roles without the proper training. Broad company branding/recognition is lacking.

Advice to Management

Keep in touch with the employees and with the evolving technology. Focus on manager training and employee development.

"A market leader AND disrupter"

Current Employee - Product Management in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Product Management in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A company with extremely strong market share and financials, but willing to completely disrupt the market space by embracing new technology (cloud) and introducing more open and resilient IP (risk models). It's kind of like a start up, but with no chance of running out of money. Also, the culture is positive - its about what we can achieve, not deliver or else....

Cons

Being part of a disrupter strategy is not for the faint of heart. The environment is fast-paced by necessity and every decision is critical - which turns up the pressure. Also, we're inventing something that has never existed, so there are nay-sayers in the industry and to some extent among customers.