KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

RiskIQ

Engaged Employer

RiskIQ

Add a Review

RiskIQ Employee Reviews about "management"

Updated Mar 30, 2022

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Their are some smart people here in all areas of the organization especially engineering/product but the people performing a lot of impactful work don't get the notice and recognition for it.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Great culture(in 6 reviews)
  • "Management team is amazing and is constantly looking forward/re(in 3 reviews)
  • "unlimited PTO(in 3 reviews)
  • "Good benefits(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great work environment - Open door management style

Nov 3, 2015 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- very positive mental attitude of work teams. - people here genuinely enjoy socializing with each other. - open door management style. - extremely cool next gen external security technology. Finding the bad guys is a worthy mission

Cons

We're not immune to the problems you have with trying to scale quickly... finding good people quickly in the security business is a challenge.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

World-Class Startup With A Great Culture

Oct 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management here tends to come from within, not hiring from the outside for most roles More leaders than bosses who want to help you grow and who will have your back Founders with a vision that has shaped and created an entirely new segment of security and competitors to boot Culture of 'work hard, play hard', 'teamwork makes the dream work' Amazing technology with enormous potential

Cons

Typical startup anxieties, e.g. if it doesn't exist or work, build it! Be the change that you want to see (not necessarily a con, but has scalability and consistency issues). Internal communication struggles Product release deadlines are not often realistic and are missed

3. 2.0

Good Intentions. Poor Execution

May 22, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Healthy work/life balance - Plenty of attractive benefits and perks - HQ office in downtown SF - Healthy growth and opportunities for customer-facing departments.

Cons

- Engineering and research feels like it's being overlooked in favor of bolstering the pre- and post-sales areas of the business. - Very weak management structure in parts of the org. - Core decisions made by a select group of 'long-timers' making it difficult for newcomers to feel like they can contribute and influence decision-making. - Lagging tech stack in places for a company still in its startup phase. If innovation doesn't occur will likely make attracting the best engineering talent difficult.

11 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work and learn

Sep 6, 2018 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Strong engineering culture, engineers are siloed off into working only on their own part of the application and get to reach across to other areas often - Great management, probably some of the best I've ever worked for. They care about the fact that they have manager in their title and work to really manage the team but also grow their people - unlimited PTO - can bring in pets - Get to learn a great deal from people who have been working in the industry for a very long time

Cons

- not as young of a startup as others so some of the drive seems to not be there - not enough happy hours - company held events really don't attract many different people, usually always the same people

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Reviews are inaccurate, mirroring the culture of the company

Nov 28, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

As another reviewer commented about, the positive reviews recently must be as a result of a mandate from the incompetent leadership team. Their are some smart people here in all areas of the organization especially engineering/product but the people performing a lot of impactful work don't get the notice and recognition for it. Technology is a conversation starter with Infosec teams but not worth the money or headache. Overall a decent place to gain some security experience if you have no other options and get to see first hand how a management team shouldn't look like.

Cons

Technology that's not a product after more than several years on the market. Leadership personnel that are unqualified in their roles and operate with questionable ethics. High turnover over with farewell emails on a weekly basis. Kansas City office selection.

22 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Acquired by RiskIQ

Dec 1, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am one of the co-founders of PassiveTotal and we were acquired by RiskIQ in September 2015. When looking for a place to join forces with, we wanted a smaller company that shared our vision for our product that would also bring value to our community. From our initial talks with RiskIQ, we knew the company would be a great fit for us. - Management team is amazing and is constantly looking forward/re-evaluating decisions - Company is still small enough that culture feels like family - Engineering runs a tight process that ensures quality - Foundation technology is scalable and unlike many other services we've seen - Collection of data spans multiple years and includes extreme levels of detail - Vision is sound and aligns with the market

Cons

- Company is growing, so there's some pain in identifying the proper processes to use, but everyone involved is open to suggestion - Need to improve our existing website to better outline services offered (actively being worked on)

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Don't believe the Glassdoor review hype - this is not a good company to work for

Aug 31, 2016 - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gives the impression of being a cutting edge cyber security company with vision and happy staff who update Glassdoor with their wonderful reviews of how great the technology, management and opportunity is here.

Cons

The reality is that it is NOT a cutting edge cyber security company with vision and happy staff. The staff are mandated by senior management to update Glassdoor with these positive reviews of how great the technology, management and opportunity is at this company. It is a zoo - each department is fighting for air time and there is no team dynamic whatsoever. The wrong people have been hired into key management positions and it feels like a science project with the lab assistants ruling the roost and the business people making the coffee and sweeping the floor. After two years of frustrated service (constantly hoping that things would change for the better), I will be resigning this month to go to more creditable and professional pastures.

28 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company in a great space with highly intelligent workforce

Oct 15, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Senior management are industry leaders. Highly intelligent and passionate workforce who are not afraid to get hands dirty. The right product in the right space with real customers (i.e. Fortune 1000, etc.).

Cons

If you like a 9-5, clock-in-clock-out job, this is not the place for you.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Mar 22, 2021 - Analyst in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Creative Flexibility Remote Mission Growth People

Cons

Changing mission Long hours Disconnect with management

Be the first to find this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Probably the worst place I have ever worked

Jul 9, 2021 - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Office in downtown San Francisco

Cons

Lack of leadership. Company needs an overhaul at the top and needs to bring in new leadership. There are a few old timers who make this a very toxic environment. They claim to be a world class cyber security company but it is anything but. Lot of politics in management any old timers try and influence every things. I have seen them make some very poor decisions, hence the company is not making any progress.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews