River City Bank (California) Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 2, 2016

4.3
River City Bank (California) President & CEO Stephen Fleming
Stephen Fleming

1. "Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at River City Bank (California) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are very friendly and helpful. I always felt like I could rely on my team for any help I needed. The starting pay is better than other banks and there is no pressure to sell accounts, product, or anything to customers. They were willing to be flexible with my other job's hours so it made it very pleasant to work there.

Cons

I was only able to work part time. Some of the customers could be very rude depending on the circumstances. That is not their fault but it just comes with the job.

Advice to Management

Keep being involved in the interviews for all the staff! I thought it was really cool that the regional manager was taking the time to see who is the face of the business. Management was friendly and easy to approach.

2. "River City Bank"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Sacramento, CA

I worked at River City Bank (California) part-time

Pros

The crew at my branch was a special group that genuinely cared about our clientele and knew them by name.

Cons

As with any branch based banking environment, the forced sales on people we knew did not need or want the products created an awkward interaction.

3. "I worked in the Credit Analyst Department at River City Bank."

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at River City Bank (California) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training program for entry level analysts was solid. The learning is fast paced, and expectations are high, but they do reward performance. Their culture is a meritocracy, meaning that if you aren't performing, you won't advance, regardless of your seniority. However, for those that can step up to the plate and take initiative, there's a lot of growth opportunity. Overall, liked the culture, but I know it's not for everyone, so be warned.

Cons

I really didn't have any major issues. Sometimes the hours could get long when we were in a crunch period, but I think that's to be expected in finance these days. I only left the credit team because I found that my passion wasn't in credit.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. "I had a decent experience as a CSR as long as I did my job, and did it well."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Great place to work while in college. This place works pretty well around your school schedule. Hourly rates for a CSR is pretty fair considering it's a community bank.

Cons

Upper management does not really know what they are doing. Communication between upper management to branch management to its CSR's and bankers is horrible. Seems like favoritism is a big influence on who keeps their job when the company has to downsize.