River City Medical Group Reviews | Glassdoor

River City Medical Group Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2019

River City Medical Group CEO Loren Douglas (no image)
Loren Douglas
  1. "Middle Management"

I worked at River City Medical Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits and my direct manager was good. Unfortunately, she was RIF'd

Cons

Technology is subpar, cliques in the workplace lead to dysfunctional leadership. Rampant gossip-mongering and big brother atmosphere created by some managers.

River City Medical Group2018-03-02

"FAKE Reviews of this Company. I was pushed out due to being caught between a Manager and Director."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at River City Medical Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I don't work for them!

Cons

Too Many to list... One BIG problem is keeping a horrible employee over another solely regarding the fact that he or she has been employed with RCMG longer.

Advice to Management

If you have an issue with YOUR manager, speak to that person about it and learn how to DIRECT accordingly and KEEP your feelings out of it. ITS business, maybe dig a little deeper and understand what's REALLY going on first before FLYING off the handle and doing WHATEVER your impulses are telling you to do at that moment in time.

River City Medical Group2018-03-20

"The 5 star reviews are made by the HR or marketing team"

I have been working at River City Medical Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule is pretty much it for the pros, I can think of no others

Cons

The management needs a total overhaul! They are all full of themselves, they talk about employees behind their back and provide no support. It's like working in a big highschool. Favoritism abounds here and there is no room to grow despite what they may have you think. Nobody lasts long here and management doesn't care when they lose someone, they just care about getting the next sucker in that position. ... Everyone I have talked to hates working here and are all actively searching for other employment, myself included.

Advice to Management

Treat employees more fairly, quit micromanaging and take a class in management which may help to raise morale.

River City Medical Group2017-10-27
  4. "Good Place to Work"

I have been working at River City Medical Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Serving the under-served community Freedom and Flexibility Interesting Work Good Pay and Good Benefits Nice Group of Employees Variety of Departments and Disciplines

Cons

Improve flow and timing of communication Be more demonstrative in Employee Appreciation Faster response time with problem employees

Advice to Management

Management probably has employee's best interests at heart and could solve some problems by improving flow of communication.

River City Medical Group2017-09-06
  5. "Don't believe the 4/ 5 star reviews. Its a bait and fish hook tactic. You have been warned"

I have been working at River City Medical Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is okay but could be better. Flexible schedule

Cons

No job security. Company culture is toxic thus the reason for the revolving door. No home/personal life balance if you want to keep your full-time position. Benefits are too high. This place is not up to par on procedures. To save you the headache, I wouldn't recommend working here . If I could give a zero ratings, I would.

Advice to Management

Take a class in management.

River City Medical Group2017-08-11

"Was a thriving company a few years back but not recommended"

I worked at River City Medical Group full-time

Pros

Benefits and Salary are good and that is all.

Cons

Unorganized and very unprofessional.There is a high turn over at this company. Look at the previous review and take caution.

Advice to Management

Pinpoint the actual problem of the company and take measures to rectify it. There is a reason why people have gone on to another company.

River City Medical Group2017-08-08

"This company has a long way to go and if you apply leave an opening if you need to go back to your previous job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at River City Medical Group full-time

Pros

The pro to working at RCMG is that you get time off for most of the major holidays.

Cons

The major downside to working at River City is the poor Management very unprofessional in certain departments and the inexperienced HR department. Neither seem to care about employee concerns or if they feel valued.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like valued and learn a happy employee is a hard working employee and you will have less turnover over rate and (learn what employee moral is) and sensitivity and labor law training is needed badly.

River City Medical Group2017-01-20
  8. "Provider Relations"

Provider Relations Specialist in Bountiful, UT

I worked at River City Medical Group for more than a year

Pros

Good pay and benefits for all

Cons

The Board is full of Dr's

River City Medical Group2016-06-06
  9. "RCMG is really stepping up to serve the Medi-Cal community"

I have been working at River City Medical Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great small village environment where there is more opportunity for each individual to be heard and appreciated. Compared to commercial healthcare, there is a much more freedom to design and build systems the way we need them to be and a great deal of expertise across the board. Great benefits and 401k matching. Decent vacation.

Cons

Of course, there is a more limited budget than a large organization. Growing pains come along with the big changes that are occurring here.

Advice to Management

Although River City has exceeded its own standards as well as other Medi-Cal organizations, it would be helpful to keep up with industry standards.

River City Medical Group2016-05-24

"Better places to work"

Former Employee - Claims Examiner in Sacramento, CA

I worked at River City Medical Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great HR and Malou is awesome..

Cons

The claims dept, is so far behind, they require you to work every other saturday mandatory. They have only had claims in house, and they do not have a policy and procedures book, training is 15 minutes a day with whoever is available.

Advice to Management

Train all examiners on the same page,or actually have a schedule to train.

River City Medical Group2015-10-28