Riverbed Technology Reviews in Bracknell, England | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Riverbed Technology Chairman and CEO Jerry M. Kennelly
Jerry M. Kennelly

Pros
Cons
  • work/life balance is not super great (in 15 reviews)

• Like many companies of this size, there are some growing pains (in 24 reviews)

1. "Service Renewal Account Manager"

Former Employee - Service Renewal Account Manager in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Service Renewal Account Manager in Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO and Executives with a vision and a strategy, communicated from the top down which made me feel involved and want to strive for the business
    Fabulous company culture.

Cons

Work (very) hard, play hard, however in a forward thinking that invests in people.

2. "great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Network Escalation Engineer in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Network Escalation Engineer in Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great people, great place to work, great atmosphere, lots of tech guru to learn from

Cons

no really advance in career, for example, get the Seniority only to get more difficult cases but nothing else at money level and bonuses

Advice to Management

management was great! best experience in my life!

"Riverbed again in direct competition with Giants"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has integrated and is being able to push out the right message to its customer base, The SD-WAN move for Riverbed is a must and brings them in direct competition with some of the great giants as before.
    Riverbed is busy and more focussed than ever on technology now which is great.

Cons

With so much to learn the only problem can be to keep up with advances, If you skip some weeks on a holiday you would have to keep up to date again with some effort.

5. "Riverbed Rocks!"

Current Employee - Escalation Engineer in Bracknell, England (UK)

Pros

Riverbed is a friendly and open company. The technology is interesting and will stretch your knowledge. Management let you get on with the job and there is a good level of training available.

Cons

Riverbed is US company which means that UK is not the main hub for development which in turn means there may not be so many opportunities for UK based staff to progress.

Advice to Management

Management show good concern for staff welfare and ideas. There is always room to improve processes particular taking in account feedback from front-line staff.

6. "RVBD UK Reviewer"

Current Employee - Senior Service Delivery Manager in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Service Delivery Manager in Bracknell, England (UK)

Pros

I have worked within the EMEA Support department for almost 7 years. It has always been an exciting and friendly place to work. There have of course been lots of changes through those years and the company has grown enormously.

I really enjoy working in a dynamic and friendly atmosphere with some absolutely outstanding cooperative people. I enjoy a good salary and benefits along with lots of training opportunities and tools for selfdevelopment.

With new product range SteelConnect now launched I look forward to participating in yet further growth and part of a huge success story. The CEO Jerry is in my opinion a fantastic leader of a very successful company who has positioned the company perfectly for next phase of what I expect to be dramatic growth in the field of SDWAN.

Cons

Due to the pace of growth work can seem a little frenzied at times, but that is the nature of IT and due to Riverbed' success.

7. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Top class solutions that customers love. Management trusts you and let you get on with the job.

Cons

actually cannot think of any.....

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

8. "Review form EMEA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

Pros

Good Culture / Fast Paced / Forward Thinking in respect of Technological developments.

Cons

Fast rate of growth of the company can leave internal processes playing catch up.

Advice to Management

Ensure employees are empowered more and provided with the best systems to make functions more efficient.

"Not so much extra Perks after company went private"

Current Employee - Escalation Engineer in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Riverbed Technology (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible managers and working hours
    Free Snacks and drinks are nice ..
    Internal Yammer site is interactive

Cons

No progression and movement from one position and not much help provided to progress ...

Advice to Management

Employs want to progress as you yourself would have done once.. or else you would be losing the talent that is more experienced costing you more to train new employees ..

"Nice company - Management could do better"

Former Employee - Escalation Engineer in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Escalation Engineer in Bracknell, England (UK)

Pros

Nice working environment and very nice people (I worked in their UK Support Team). Good facilities. Salaries are okay but working as a "Level 3" Support Engineer can be horrible because of the lack of Level 1 or 2 tiers (much to my surprise after I had joined).

Cons

No triage of cases and lip-service to prioritisation degrades the customer service and debilitates the engineer! Some managers are truly open to suggestions and improvements but are almost always thwarted by upper-management. I did like working there but felt that I had no chance of progressing any further - I would have been a first-line support engineer for the rest of my life. What a great shame.

Advice to Management

Please employ someone to take some of the first-line cases. So-called "Level-3" engineers should not be abandoning cases where there are real problems to answer a call about a serial number or shipment. TAC engineers aren't switchboard operators!

11. "great place"

Current Employee - Escalation Engineer in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

everything was perfect i really enjoy

Cons

don't like the layer support model