Riverbed Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Riverbed Technology Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • work/life balance is not super great (in 15 reviews)

• Like many companies of this size, there are some growing pains (in 24 reviews)

1. "I'm surrounded by smart people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at Riverbed are... SMART! It doesn't matter what department I'm working with I find myself amazed at the number of highly intelligent and creative people who are all willing to share ideas and pitch in to find a solution to a problem. The executive team doesn't hid the fact that they prioritize family which allows employees to do the same.

Cons

Still a little bit slow in creating processes to exponentially expand with our growth.

2. "various work experience and growth"

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Riverbed is a place that really allows you to be yourself. I love working here because it is a fast-paced environment where there is always something to do, constantly. Everyone is treated like family at the office and says hello to each other. I enjoy the free snacks in the break room. We can work remotely as we are provided with a laptop. We are compensated well for our work but I am also required to work weekends various times.

Cons

Heavy workload (if you cannot handle it)

Advice to Management

Please hire more headcount as our company is growing we need more support

3. "A great place to work, with great people, and a great work environment."

Current Employee - Director, Marketing Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Marketing Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Market leader in its space. Great product, satisfied customers. Not too big, not too small, a true "Goldilocks" company.

Cons

Still growing and thus learning how to work remotely (using teleconferencing).

Advice to Management

Talent in South Bay will benefit with teleconferencing equipment between Sunnyvale and SFO. The time spent in commuting will be reinvested in working. If not, a shuttle service with a table to work on (and wireless) will lead to a productive commute.

5. "Great company & culture"

Current Employee - Staffing Leadership in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Staffing Leadership in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, technology, and culture. Founders are still actively engaged while most senior leaders have been with the company for 5+ years. Market leadership in WAN acceleration combined with innovation in new technology areas to broaden the product portfolio. One of the best cultures I've ever experienced - friendly, supportive, and a great work-life balance.

Cons

No cons to report, what's not to like?

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

6. "Fantastic company in every way!"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great organization. Small, nimble feel to the company. Very supportive of their employees. World class products and technology backed up by a stellar support organization.

Cons

Just like any public company it is vulnerable to analyst and market conditions that may negatively influence stock price, even if those analysts and conditions are not accurately reflective of the true state of Riverbed's performance or outlook.

Advice to Management

Please keep the culture in place that we have now. It is a fun place to work. People at all levels of the company are willing to engage and help without bureaucracy or red tape getting in the way. Keep up the good work!

7. "6 month employee"

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting work, talented team, good benefits, reasonable management, appropriately aggressive and accessible.

Cons

I actually have no complaints so far. Riverbed is a relatively young company, a pioneer in a nascent industry (WAN optimization) which makes it subject to the winds of technological change. So far the management has kept its sails positioned well, but by its nature there is risk. Still, a good place to be for the adventurous.

Advice to Management

Guard the great culture that you have established.

8. "Great Technology Great People Great Management"

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Riverbed is great because it's really conveniently located in downtown SF rather than a business park in a far off land. It's great to be at a company with a very focused sense of direction which is helping the company continue to be successful. Riverbed takes care of their employees and has an open culture to encourage collaboration and communication where any employee can approach any executive at any point without feeling out of place. Our CEO sits in a cubicle just like the rest of us. That's pretty cool for a global company of more than 1800 employees! And who can beat Holiday parties at City Hall!!!

Cons

Some teams are recognized more than others, which has more to do with specific managers. But that's really a minor point. The overall management is terrific and really cares about your health and well being.

9. "Great company, great technology"

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

very employee friendly, lots of smart people, great HQ location. products are market leading, and the company is focused on maintaining that lead with constant innovation

Cons

compensation seems to be a bit top-heavy. the company is also getting big enough where politics start creeping in.

10. "Great people + fun environment + high growth = pleasant work experience"

Current Employee - Sales Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Riverbed is not political at all. The environment is very open and collaborative. The ESPP plan has a generous lock period. The game room and kitchens at HQ allow for down time. There are many smart and motivated employees to here. There is a lot of upside potential with stock options. I appreciate the financial stability of Riverbed in these uncertain economic times.

Cons

Stock options are not as generous at lower levels of management. If more of the repurchased shares could be allocated to non-executives that would be a great motivator.

Advice to Management

Provide a larger number of RSU's for the lower-to-mid level employees.

11. "2013 Top Work Places"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Riverbed allows me to operate like an independent contractor in that I keep my own hours, manage my schedules so long as I meet the customer's requirements and perform at a high technical level. They stand behind my decisions and we collaborate internally very well. Medical coverage is over the top. Pay is GREAT! Incentives are always there to earn more.

Cons

I don't really have any. The products are second to none and have a great ROI. Management is very proactive and provides the tools I need to conduct my work. They check in routinely to ensure I am not being over worked and are interested in my wellbeing.

Advice to Management

You Guys ROCK!