Riverbed Technology Employee Reviews about "great people"
47% would recommend to a friend
(137 total reviews)
28% approve of CEO
Found 137 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 25, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Tech
2 days ago
Looking to buy a non-Apple tablet for my adult son on Cyber Monday. It will be for casual use, mostly for streaming movies, but would also like to use Microsoft 365. Any suggestions? If he wants to use it for gaming, how would that change your recommendation?
Got a burning question about Riverbed Technology? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Riverbed Technology employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great and this place knows how to work hard & play hard." (in 136 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and heavily subsidized by the company" (in 90 reviews)
- "The products we work on are compelling and it's possible to maintain a good work/life balance." (in 81 reviews)
- "The company has a great culture" (in 76 reviews)
- "Great technology and cutting" (in 43 reviews)
- "They lost focus and appointed bad management." (in 61 reviews)
- "2 frequent layoffs" (in 25 reviews)
- "Current Leadership seems to not have a clear direction with the company." (in 23 reviews)
- "Never join the Pilot QA group (Bad Manager and no visibility)" (in 23 reviews)
- "Bad culture and upper management" (in 21 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Riverbed Technology and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "great people"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Nov 9, 2012Member Of Technical StaffCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSunnyvale, CA
Its growing at a fast pace High base salary Transparent culture Some teams have relly wonderful people with great qualifications
Not many perks other than the standard stuff Pressure to accept an offer once its made
- 5.0Oct 22, 2012Director, Product MarketingCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
Exciting place to work with a great culture. It's great to see so many smart people pulling in one direction to get the job done.
Business travel involving flights over 8 hours should qualify for business class upgrades.
- 4.0Oct 16, 2013Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Fantastic office location - current as well as the future location to come! Great group of people from all backgrounds - a company that lives diversity!
Employee benefits are more skewed to those who are based in the US. Employees who are internationally based, unless local laws mandate better terms (minimum requirements), you draw the short stick (of RVBD benefits).
- 5.0Oct 17, 2013QA EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCambridge, MA
A company that offers a great Work/Life Balance that is challenging and rewarding at the same time. Riverbed dominates it's market because it is full of smart / funny / energized people delivering a great product people really find value in.
Can't think of any at the moment
- 4.0May 12, 2021Software DeveloperCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Salary The people I've met are all great The project that I worked on is interesting
Way to big for the way management was set up A lot of legacy projects
- 4.0Feb 15, 2022Solutions EngineerFormer Employee, more than 10 years
Riverbed has great benefits, health, dental, 401k are all really good. The people are great but would love a dynamic portfolio of products to offer the market.
Riverbed is on the downslope of their existence. Since Jerry left as CEO, they have struggled and will continue to struggle. No new products and the products they do have are somewhat outdated, with not a lot of wow in any of them. Many of there showcase products have not been updated in years and there is not a lot to be excited about. The biggest problem is a complete and total lack of innovation. Innovation to Riverbed is a new dashboard for a product.1
- 5.0Oct 11, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSunnyvale, CA
The people that work here are great! Which fosters an even better culture. We all understand that, one must work hard to succeed and can still have fun while doing it.
No cons from my perspective.
- 5.0Sep 29, 2012Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Jose, CA
Riverbed has a great group of people working there and you will never be bored because there is always something new happening. The work is challenging and fast-paced but you don't feel that you are the only one pulling your weight. Everyone works hard there and for the most part, there is always someone willing to pitch in. Great teamwork atmosphere as well.
It can sometimes seem that people who are really not doing their job, are given too many chances to improve. They will be moved to different positions or promoted, when the general consensus is they are not high caliber employees. Sometimes it seems that the company has a problem with changing course too much and following the new and shiny object. We need to stay on top but we also have to look like we have a plan.2
- 3.0Dec 26, 2018Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsSunnyvale, CA
The people are usually great to work with and everybody is very accessible. Everything is so chaotic that there are plenty of things you can pick up and do.
The company's direction was very hazy before I left. The company pays fairly badly. There are no bonuses and no stocks. The base pay is on-par (in some cases) with industry standards but at Riverbed, base pay = total compensation.9