Riverbed Technology Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Jul 1, 2021

57 Comments

Tech

211.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Riverbed Technology~34920
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people are great and this place knows how to work hard & play hard.(in 131 reviews)
  • "Good benefits like health insurance and pension contributions(in 91 reviews)
  • "The products we work on are compelling and it's possible to maintain a good work/life balance.(in 73 reviews)
  • "California offices of the company have a great culture(in 72 reviews)
  • "Great technology and cutting(in 42 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Riverbed Technology and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Love Riverbed

Sep 26, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, open door policy, senior management are a pleasure to work for

Cons

Nothing comes to mind right now

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hands down, THE BEST COMPANY I've worked for

Sep 21, 2016 - Member Of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked in diverse companies, including Wall Street investment bank, chip manufacturing, social networking, etc. I can confidently say that Riverbed is the best company I've ever worked for. -> Work-life balance: They actually mean it! -> Company culture: This is not just a buzzword. The management arranges week of fun every year which really surpassed my expectations! Quarterly company wide town halls, engineering town halls, biweekly company updates, etc really make sure that you are on top of whats going on and the strategy for the future. Management is also very approachable not to mention cool. -> Visibility: You get to demo and present your projects to senior management. The company is relatively small enough that the top level executives know you by name and appreciate you when due. -> Projects: The company uses varied programming languages and framework. You get a chance to work with different and cutting edge technologies. -> Quaterly Hackathons: Need I say more? -> Free lunch/dinner/snacks/drinks -> Cool gameroom and weekly beer bash -> Career development: A lot of emphasis is put on regular one-on-ones with managers. These are not meeting which get cancelled all the time due to other high priority work. I have a very healthy and open discussion with my manager and I can actually see action being taken based on my inputs and feedback.

Cons

Only thing I can think of (and its probably silly), the hackathons and the different contest dont always have prizes for the winners. And maybe not enough free t shirts for a company still with the startup culture :| I actually feel silly even writing these down as cons.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A pleasure to work at Riverbed

Oct 4, 2013 - Member Of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love technology and this company does hard core tech development. You are provided with all the resources to do your job at your satisfaction level. Innovation is promoted within individuals by letting them chose areas of research and design. There is no place for micro-management. And this trend is being pushed from senior management levels down to individual teams. Result is employees tend to take ownership and accountability, leading to a healthy culture throughout the org. A lot of appreciation for the work you do. Keeps individuals motivated. I esp. also like it here because I have a choice to work from either of their office locations. And not to mention, growth potentials are marvelous!

Cons

Additional engagement among unrelated teams at times would be nice.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

New and Exciting times

Aug 11, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the smartest people I have ever worked with. Very cooperative and morale is getting better by the days. Work life balance is superb and senior management really does care about the employees. But most importantly, there is palpable new energy as we attack new frontiers. And as one manager advised "at Riverbed, you really do get out what you put into it" And it's absolutely true.

Cons

Beginning of the year, there was some uncertainty as folks cashed out after the Private Equity buyout. When all your shares vest, it gives the $$-cushion to try something new. I get that. But that's all over and done now.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great work culture - employees believe in the product and are engaged.

Oct 23, 2013 - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quality of talent - across the technologies, there are exceptionally skilled individuals willing to share knowledge and collaborate to achieve success.

Cons

Talent retention - HR and recruiting as well as senior management are not on the same page quite often, and the company isn't doing as well keeping quality talent on-board (talent retention) which may lead to less talent coming in (recruiting).

6. 1.0

Sr. Manager

Apr 21, 2015 - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great downtown office location near Moscone Center, and well stocked snacks.

Cons

Don't let all the positive reviews fool you...Riverbed is a flatlining company and the marketing team is diligently submitting reviews to keep the company in a positive light. With sales numbers dwindling, company layoffs, and the recent acquisition by Thoma Bravo looming...there's a huge sign of uncertainly with the future of Riverbed. Senior management is oblivious and just waiting for their payouts in the coming months. IT has the lowest moral in the entire organization as the CIO and her VP friends have butchered the culture with favoritism, backstabbing, and total disrespect of individuals talents. The lack of communication from IT is appalling and it makes me wonder when the management team is uplifted and replaced.

19 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Riverbed Corporate Culture

Sep 19, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Senior Management genuinely cares about employees. Teams work collaboratively and always with the company's best interest in mind. People are extremely bright and enthusiastic about their personal opportunities and the overall company potential.

Cons

Lots of moving parts due to growth and industry changes. Sometimes it's difficult to keep up with the new technology.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Pros

The technology that we offer our customers is high value, industry leading and is backed by a tremendous support organization and product development. WHen you represent Riverbed to the industry, it's not hype. It's great technology and a great support organization behind the technology.

Cons

There is new management, especially on the sales side in the US and this has resulted in very inconsistent culture team to team with very little senior management interraction with the field. WIth that comes consistent change in who you work with and who you report to / work for.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Happy to be a part of the Riverbed team!

Oct 10, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture, flexibility, work-life balance, opportunities for/management support of employee professional development and continued company growth based forward thinking of senior management, ex. acquisitions

Cons

Nothing outstanding to note here, typical turnover that happens in IT industry

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Senior Technical Writer

Apr 14, 2016 - Senior Technical Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, supportive culture, senior management keeps everyone informed about what's going on in the company

Cons

Authoring tools/environment are a bit old-school and hardware-based: unstructured FrameMaker and WebWorks. Most organizations have moved on to open-text formats: XML, XHTML, Wiki, etc.

2 people found this review helpful