Riverbend Community Mental Health Reviews

0 Rating
  1. Featured Review

"Great place to be!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

I have been working at Riverbend Community Mental Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The staff here truly care for the clients we serve, the community we're in, and for each other. It's a mutual feeling from the top down and the bottom up, truly colleagial and a great place to learn and grow.

Cons

None that I can think of!

April 16, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We do care very much for the clients we serve and for the staff who work here.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Concord, NH

I have been working at Riverbend Community Mental Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great opportunity to advance. I started as a residential counselor, got promoted after a year to a case manager, and after 3 years to a clinical manager.

Cons

There really are none. The only difficulty about job is the amount of paperwork that is needed but that is no different then working for any other community mental health or nonprofit.

July 2, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We do have many opportunities for career advancement within the organization, so it's wonderful to see that highlighted here. The paperwork requirements are challenging given our requirements under various regulations, but we are always working to advocate for a lesser paperwork burden.

3. "Good entry level positions"

Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at Riverbend Community Mental Health part-time

Pros

Fun co-workers, good benefits and mileage reimbursements.

Cons

Management cares mainly about productivity and not employee well-being.

June 3, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. We agree that we have wonderful, fun staff and good benefits. Management here cares very much about the mission of the organization which is to care for the mental health of our community. To meet our mission, as an agency, we have to be fiscally responsible which does involve monitoring our financial situation and productivity closely. I'm sorry that it feels that management cares mainly about this target because it is truly not the case. Management here cares about meeting our mission, and about taking care of our staff. We have to be financially prudent in order to maintain our ability to do both of those things. Our clients and staff are our true priority - that's why we do what we do.

4. "Poor Working Environment"

1.0
    Current Employee - Clinician in Concord, NH

I have been working at Riverbend Community Mental Health full-time

Pros

The patients. Riverbend provides great opportunities to work with a variety of mental illness and substance use disorders.

Cons

Everything other than patients. Managment is unavailable staff as well as patient needs. Poor work life balance. Poor staffing and support. Limited resources and all management cares about is "the budget and billable".

April 16, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Our mission as an agency is to care for the behavioral health of our community, so that does guide many of our decisions as a business. The current COVID-19 environment has made many things challenging, including moving many staff into work-from-home arrangements which changes the work dynamic in many ways. I imagine (given the date of your review) that you have experienced significant changes in your work over the last month as we have evolved with all of the necessary adjustments to ensure the safety of clients and staff. This has been a difficult time for all involved, and we know that there have been numerous layers of complications along the way at all levels. As we settle into our new normal utilizing technology, social distancing, and personal protective equipment, please keep up the good work and engage with your clients to the best of your ability. Management's focus is on the mission of the agency. Ultimately, our service delivery model is part of that mission which involves providing client service to those in need. Providing services to clients is how we generate revenue to pay our staff, business expenses, and to further our mission.

5. "Great Place to Work - Needs Business Optimization"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

I have been working at Riverbend Community Mental Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great People to Work With Honest Mission Chance to Make a Difference Many Opportunities for Advancement Willing to Give People with Less Experience and Chance

Cons

Reimbursement is Lower than For-Profit Employers Organizational Structure Stuck in the 90's IT Solutions Underappreciated, Under-Represented and Under-Utilized Business Model Needs and Update and Optimization Disorganized On-Boarding Process, regardless of department

October 25, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. We're in process of evaluating many facets of our technology and have a few upgrades coming soon. Paperwork is definitely something that we understand is a burden, so we are working at the State level to try and negotiate other processes that are more efficient. We've also recently made a significant financial investment for our staff and are rolling out pay increases in the coming weeks.

"Sounded like a good place to work, very disappointed."

1.0
    Former Employee - Human Services in Concord, NH

I worked at Riverbend Community Mental Health full-time

Pros

Some of the people I worked with were great. I did have one great supervisor.

Cons

Pay is very low for experience and education requirement. Agency seems to care more about billing and numbers than quality of staff. Training was weak.

September 9, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. We realize that pay levels are not competitive with some other companies, particularly those in the for-profit sector. Each year, we compile salary data from a variety of sources to make adjustments for staff and increase pay rates. Our staff do hard work every day and we do our best to compensate them to the best of our budgetary ability. Our mission is to care for the behavioral health of our community and we strive to provide quality care to our clients at all times which is done by hiring great talent to join our agency. Training is offered in a variety of ways, classroom-style, virtual, one-on-one, shadowing, etc. We're always open to hearing from staff on their suggestions for improvement and appreciate their willingness to bring those ideas forward.

"The company wants to be an integrated health program. I found that residentially they were failing"

Former Employee - Residential Rehabilitation Specialist in Concord, NH

I worked at Riverbend Community Mental Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

hours great, okay pay, excellent benefits

Cons

younger under paid inexperience residential staff and a director that fails to enhance their skills and undependance

August 1, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. As an agency, we're consistently evaluating ways to improve upon compensation across the agency, as well as offering training and development opportunities of interest to a wide range of people. I encourage you to bring your ideas to your direct supervisor for a discussion so that they can answer any questions you may have and offer support for training that you are interested in pursuing.

"Can't be beat!"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Concord, NH

I worked at Riverbend Community Mental Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Riverbend has a wonderful working culture, they put everything they can back into their staff, and everyone working here is working toward the strategic plan. There are several opportunities to engage in committees to meet staff from other departments.

Cons

None, supervisors are very responsive when an employee expresses the need for help. I moved out of state, otherwise I would have worked here forever.

June 11, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful response! We highly value our employees and the mission-driven work they do each and every day.

"Great People, rewarding and challenging work."

Current Employee - Program Assistant

I have been working at Riverbend Community Mental Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay, environment, co-workers, working with the community, making a difference, part-time benefits

Cons

Instability within the job, a lot of changes.

May 9, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your review! We appreciate honest feedback and understand that there are many changes that come our way, some more challenging than others. We are consistently trying to to find the most efficient work flows and systems so that our staff and clients have the best experience possible.

"Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Health Mentor in Concord, NH

Pros

Rewarding job, caring co-workers, great benefits

Cons

The pay is not the best, but that's this entire field

May 10, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We have a very talented team at Riverbend. Compensation and benefits are always on the forefront of our mind and we work hard to stay competitive among our peers in the non-profit, mental health sector.

Found 36 reviews