Riverbend Community Mental Health Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Can't be beat!"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Concord, NH

I worked at Riverbend Community Mental Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Riverbend has a wonderful working culture, they put everything they can back into their staff, and everyone working here is working toward the strategic plan. There are several opportunities to engage in committees to meet staff from other departments.

Cons

None, supervisors are very responsive when an employee expresses the need for help. I moved out of state, otherwise I would have worked here forever.

Advice to Management

N/A the Town Halls are an excellent way to communicate agency-wide!

Riverbend Community Mental Health2019-06-05

June 11, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful response! We highly value our employees and the mission-driven work they do each and every day.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Concord, NH

I have been working at Riverbend Community Mental Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great opportunity to advance. I started as a residential counselor, got promoted after a year to a case manager, and after 3 years to a clinical manager.

Cons

There really are none. The only difficulty about job is the amount of paperwork that is needed but that is no different then working for any other community mental health or nonprofit.

Riverbend Community Mental Health2019-06-30

July 2, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We do have many opportunities for career advancement within the organization, so it's wonderful to see that highlighted here. The paperwork requirements are challenging given our requirements under various regulations, but we are always working ...

3. "The company wants to be an integrated health program. I found that residentially they were failing"

Former Employee - Residential Rehabilitation Specialist in Concord, NH

I worked at Riverbend Community Mental Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

hours great, okay pay, excellent benefits

Cons

younger under paid inexperience residential staff and a director that fails to enhance their skills and undependance

Advice to Management

Training staff, will help the residential program, bending the program to fit the aging population is also essential

Riverbend Community Mental Health2019-07-30

August 1, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. As an agency, we're consistently evaluating ways to improve upon compensation across the agency, as well as offering training and development opportunities of interest to a wide range of people. I encourage you to bring your ideas to your direct supervisor ...

"Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Health Mentor in Concord, NH

I have been working at Riverbend Community Mental Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rewarding job, caring co-workers, great benefits

Cons

The pay is not the best, but that's this entire field

Advice to Management

Thanks for being so great to work with

Riverbend Community Mental Health2019-05-09

May 10, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We have a very talented team at Riverbend. Compensation and benefits are always on the forefront of our mind and we work hard to stay competitive among our peers in the non-profit, mental health sector.

"Great People, rewarding and challenging work."

Current Employee - Program Assistant

I have been working at Riverbend Community Mental Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay, environment, co-workers, working with the community, making a difference, part-time benefits

Cons

Instability within the job, a lot of changes.

Advice to Management

Stabilize the work that is given to us so we don't get confused

Riverbend Community Mental Health2019-05-08

May 9, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your review! We appreciate honest feedback and understand that there are many changes that come our way, some more challenging than others. We are consistently trying to to find the most efficient work flows and systems so that our staff and clients have the best experience ...

"Proactive and positive organization"

Current Employee - APRN in Concord, NH

I have been working at Riverbend Community Mental Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Long term retention of staff, positive and proactive leadership. If you want to work with the seriously mentally ill, this organization does a superior job for clients. A larger organization which provides many different roles and many opportunities for internal transfer. I have worked at other agencies and this one is superior.

Cons

All the community mental healths in NH are underfunded by the legislature, so salaries are not close to being on par with the private sector.

Riverbend Community Mental Health2019-05-08

May 9, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your honest feedback and continuously strive to find new ways to engage and retain staff, make positive changes, and be proactive in our efforts to fulfill our mission of caring for the behavioral health of our community.

"Excellent place to work, tough but rewarding."

Current Employee - Peer Support Specialist in Concord, NH

Pros

Amazing colleagues, the people I work with care deeply about helping people, management included. They reward hard work and care about their employees.

Cons

Pay is not the highest, but I'd take the pay along with how good the company is to clients and employees any day. Burnout is an issue with the field not specifically with this company more than others... The work is hard, lots of paperwork, its draining, do it because you care.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Riverbend Community Mental Health2018-05-20

May 23, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback! We have a great group of staff at all levels of the organization who do care deeply about caring for the behavioral health of our community.

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - A/R in Concord, NH

Pros

The people, the benefits, pay scale, training always available

Cons

Haven't really found any Cons yet.

Riverbend Community Mental Health2018-04-09

April 10, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for your review! We work hard to provide competitive pay and benefits to our staff. We also take pride in our efforts to ensure that training opportunities are abundant for all types of positions at Riverbend.

9. "Overall great"

I worked at Riverbend Community Mental Health

Pros

You get to serve the community

Cons

We deal with tough cases and sometimes they will run through your head at night.

Riverbend Community Mental Health2018-02-21

March 5, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful review! In our mission to care for the behavioral health needs of our community, there are many challenging situations. Our staff do a great job addressing these challenges and helping our clients work toward their recovery.

"Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Pros

Riverbend gives you the opportunity to do rewarding work with those in need of services. The company offers generous benefits and training opportunities.

Cons

There is little to no reward for hard work. We operate on career ladders which allow you to reach certain goals, but once you reach a certain point, you’re “maxed out” and there’s no motivation/reward for working hard. Focus is strictly on paperwork, not the clinical work. Environment is very similar to high school, with employees who can be down right mean and unsupportive.

Riverbend Community Mental Health2018-01-08

January 9, 2018HR Manager

Riverbend's Career Ladders program is a method of financially recognizing staff for their achievement. To be eligible for promotion through Career Ladders, staff must meet expectations in 8 or 9 domains. For clinical staff, emphasis is placed on skill in, and knowledge of evidence-based ...

Found 31 reviews